Choosing your seat

Old Apr 28, 2000, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Choosing your seat

Hi
I wonder if anyone knows if you can choose your seat in the plane when you issue the ticket at a regular travel agent, even when flying eco and having only a regular M&M membership. This is because I hate travelling in the back of the plane and sometimes they give me that even if i ask for a front seat... i guess it's because I travel with student fares ;oP
Of course I travel every 2 months, but in eco and only within europe, so it's not enough to reach FT... (

Pedro
Old Apr 28, 2000, 6:54 am

LH preassigns seats on long-distance flights in all classes regardless of your status with M&M. Some seats are restricted, e.g. the first row in BC for passengers connecting from or to a long-distance FC flight on LH, but other than that...the early bird catches the worm.
Old Apr 28, 2000, 7:17 am
Original Poster

This is not possible in intra-european flights?
Old Apr 28, 2000, 2:41 pm

No, you cannot preassign seats on intra-European routes. Early check-in is the best solution to find the best seat. And you can do phone check-in in many airports, I believe, before arriving to the airport.

[This message has been edited by aysegul (edited 04-28-2000).]
Old Dec 4, 2000, 6:10 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
On short flights with LH (intra European) only C can prebook seats. Y cannot.
Old Dec 4, 2000, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
Yes, the telephone check-in is a good choice - you can call from 6PM on the day before your flight and ask about the available seats.

Mizu
Old Dec 4, 2000, 8:39 am

The worst choice are the Quick - Check - In Machines. I got seats in the rear section any time when i checked in there.
I think the best place is the Lounge (they changed the seat back to first / second row in Eco)
Old Dec 4, 2000, 9:14 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The machine always gives you bad places that
is right. Only use them if you have preassigned seats.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:27 am

Programs: CX MPC
Preassigned seats out of Hong Kong

Has anyone got preassigned seats out of Hong Kong on Lufthansa, without being a member of Miles and More?

I have two friends who were told by Lufthansa reservations in Hong Kong that the airline never preassign seats, unless you have a child aged under one? (This was despite the fact that one is pregnant and they have a two year old)
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
call again! you can ask for seat reswervation on any intercontinental LH flight regardless of what you are. Passengers with children get the first row in each section. These are blocked by LH for general reservations. These seats are only released at checkin.

Regards Oliver
Old Aug 13, 2004, 9:45 am

Programs: CX MPC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
call again! you can ask for seat reswervation on any intercontinental LH flight regardless of what you are.
Thanks. There does appear to be a particular problem with the Hong Kong office, as they've called three times and been refused. But I'll urge them to do so again.

Has anyone else experienced difficulty getting preassigned seats ex-Hong Kong?
Old Aug 13, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Just call the german office ...
Old Aug 13, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I had trouble getting assigned seats from BKK and from BOS. From BKK even once in paid Business. Lufthansa seems to have little global policies for their intl. offices. So you face new kings and realms wherever you travel.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 1:03 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by curt
Some seats are restricted, e.g. the first row in BC for passengers connecting from or to a long-distance FC flight on LH,
Great information! I have often wondered why I could not get 1st row C on some flights, get on the plane and the seats are empty.....
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Check-In Machines

When you get a bad seat with the checkin machine,

just re-insert your boarding pass!

It will show you a compleate seatmap and let you choose any free seat in the plane. You can now change the seat or keep the assigned seat!

So the check-in machines are not bad as they are.

The worst thing is the SMS-Checkin.

I have been on a plane (ATR) with five PAX - nearly empty.

There were only two people sitting together:
Me and another guy who used the SMS-Checkin as well!
(In this case it was easy to figure it out, because we had enough room to play football ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.