An attractive offer for flexible passengers = Bumping-rules

Old Jul 24, 00, 9:55 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
An attractive offer for flexible passengers = Bumping-rules

from LH's official leaflet (in six languages: Ein attraktives Angebot für Fluggäste ohne Termindruck", "An attractive offer for flexible passengers", "Vous ètes libre de modifier votre agenda?", "Una atractiva oferta para pasajeros sin prisa", "Un' allettante offerta per chi non ha fretta". Document 30947 A-97 /FRA KB/P):

flights within Europe:
Delayed arrival:[*]up to 2 hours: LH-vouchers 300DM (4*75 DM) or cash payement of 150DM[*]more than 2 hours: LH-vouchers 600DM (4*150DM) or cash payement of 300DM

Intercontinental flights (except from Canada/USA; including to Canada/USA):
Delayed arrival:[*]up to 4 hours: LH vouchers 600DM (4*150DM) or cash payement of 300DM[*]more than 4 hours: LH vouchers 1200DM (4*300DM) or cash payement of 600DM

Intercontinental flights from Canada/USA:
Delayed arrival:[*]up to 4 hours: LH vouchers 400 US$/400 CA$ (4*100 US$/CA$) or cash payement of 200 US$/200 CA$[*]more than 4 hours: LH vouchers 800 US$/800 CA$ (4*200 US$/CA$) or cash payement of 200 US$/200 CA$

in addition we will:[*]book you on the next possible flight
inform your family members or business partners[*]book hotel accomodation, if required, or [*]provide you with a meal before your onward flight[*]or refund the costs for transferring you to the original airport to which you were flying if the later flight is to a different airport.[*]No charge will be made for this service.
Old Jul 25, 00, 3:29 am

Programs: TK*G, DL PM
Last year in june, I bumped from FRA-IST flight. I had my 600DM(150DM*4) LH Vouchers + 40DM Lunch voucher. My flight was rebooked as FRA-VIE(LH)-IST(OS). I reached to Istanbul only 5 hours later than my original arrival time.

Then I used my 3 coupons of my voucher (150DM*3) for IST-FRA-CDG Ticket which was only 199 USD by LH to match TK Offer in March. And I bought a very nice parfume from inflight duty free with the last 150DM coupon.

And one note, you can earn both status and bonus miles from the flight tickets which you buy with your LH vouchers.
Old Jul 25, 00, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
Thanks a lot for the info - did you pick up the leaflet at the Senator Lounge? I haven't seen it before.

Mizu
Old Jul 25, 00, 6:06 am

Mizu, it is normally handed out when LH has overbooking problems in FRA. I got one copy in HAM when I checked in. I've also seen it in the Business Lounges in HAM, FRA and MUC as well as at the check-in in MXP. Your LH ATO in FMO will also give you one.
Old Jul 25, 00, 6:56 am

Hi,

what is the minimum delay for this?
Old Jul 25, 00, 7:00 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
the minimum delay?

? there is no minimum delay - as stated above, if the alternatvie flight offered is scheduled to arrive less then 2 hours later (theoretically could be departing one minute later then your original scheduled flight ...)
Old Jul 25, 00, 4:29 pm

that is nice... i'll keep this in mind ;o)