IAD-FRA-IST-FRA-BOS

Old May 15, 2000, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

IAD-FRA-IST-FRA-BOS

This is the itinerary that I will be flying over the summer. IAD-FRA-IST-FRA-BOS.
I have found a consolidator fare of $750 for a roundtrip flight from IAD to IST over the summer. However when I return, I want to return to boston, but if I route my ticket that way it would cost much more. Do you think it would be possible for me to purchase this round trip ticket and later change the return leg to bos instead of IAD?
Old May 16, 2000, 2:30 am

No, this is not possible. You can change dates but you can't change the routing, at least not with a consolidator ticket (unless it is Business Class)
Old May 16, 2000, 3:32 am

austin:

send me an e-mail if you need anything in Istanbul. Are you coming to Istanbul with the last LH flight of the day? at 01:25 (a.m.)? Then you need to pay a lot of money to Taxi. If not you can easily go to city center with Havas Airport Bus. Havas bus is every 30 minutes The last bus is at 00:30 and cost you only USD 3. But do not forget to exchange money before get in the bus. You will see many banks in the arrival area.
Old May 16, 2000, 9:49 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
What about just purchasing a cheap RT IAD-BOS ticket on your return? Alternatively, I think that I have heard of someone getting a cheap regular ticket through LH which had different end points (IAD-FRA-SVO-FRA-BOS)...but the consolidator may not be able to offer this.
Old May 17, 2000, 3:30 am

Originally posted by chalf:
Alternatively, I think that I have heard of someone getting a cheap regular ticket through LH which had different end points (IAD-FRA-SVO-FRA-BOS)...but the consolidator may not be able to offer this.
Sure you can get such an open jaw ticket and normally it is the same price as a standard return. I suppose the BOS-FRA flight is full for this reduced fare! That's all....

Old May 17, 2000, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I am planning to purchase my ticket on www.tiss.com which offers consolidator fares. However on this site, you can not purchase multiple segments, you only have a choice between one way and return.
Old May 17, 2000, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
One solution is the following...

Just have your return on the LH/UA code share FRA-BOS-IAD. Don't show up for the BOS-IAD leg. No prob with your bags, as you will have to clear them at Customs in Boston.
Old May 17, 2000, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

I just called lufthansa today, and they gave me a fare of 1090 dollars for to istanbul and returning back to boston. Should i just buy the consolidator fare for 750 and buy one way ticket to bos from iad?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.