Wiki Posts
Search

Europe-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH MM
Europe-JFK

Have played around with fares here and there. Landed on expedia.com where I found a really nice fare GVA-JFK for dates 12 Feb to 15 Feb in Business (3000$). Of course I can't book it on expedia.com because it won't let me use my german credit card. And of course expedia.de doesn't have that fare. (How can that be, by the way?! They're the company aren't they?) The problem appears to only be the flight back. Star Alliance seems to be packed on that Thursday. The best Swiss comes up with 5054 CHF or something in the likes of 3100 €. The weird thing is this flight back on expedia.com is a flight leaving JFK at 22:10 to ZUR (I think it was LX15, but I forgot) I can't this flight on swiss.com. What's this about? A day ago expedia.de by the way had a similar fare. Any chance of that coming back? What's your experience?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH.ch has Feb 13-16 and Feb 10-15 for 3603 CHF (2900US$) via MUC & DUS with a Business Basic Plus (Z) fare. So look for Z availability on seatcounter.com!

Last edited by oliver2002; Feb 2, 2007 at 12:19 pm
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:07 pm

what's about this direct flights:

feb 10: LX22 GVA 1205 JFK 1455
feb 14: LX23 JFK 1945 GVA 0930

1754 EUR/2284 USD/2840 CHF
with german CC (via opodo.de)
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

that is actually not bad. but I was really unflexible on the dates. I wanted to go on monday only because I have a flight HAM-GVA monday morning where I need the return. I could have stayed in GVA the weekend but then the return to that flight would have been gone. So I went for the option in post 2. Thanks you two! But you can't explain expedia.com having these great fares and expedia.de not, right?

By the way my itin puts me on this Privatair all business class jet. I read somewhere that it is not the "greatest". What are the issues about it?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by Lennart
that is actually not bad. but I was really unflexible on the dates. I wanted to go on monday only because I have a flight HAM-GVA monday morning where I need the return. I could have stayed in GVA the weekend but then the return to that flight would have been gone. So I went for the option in post 2. Thanks you two! But you can't explain expedia.com having these great fares and expedia.de not, right?

By the way my itin puts me on this Privatair all business class jet. I read somewhere that it is not the "greatest". What are the issues about it?
Click here for an extensive review (for DUS-ORD, there maybe newer seats on MUC-EWR). Basically seat quality is slightly below new C quality.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:22 pm

Hopefully you are going via MUC. The seats are real good now, i.e. as good as LH new C. Seats on the DUS flight are clearly inferior.

As far as service is concerned, I think PA is generally doing a better job than average LH.

The biggest advantage is the little time needed to get on and off the plane.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Of course I can't book it on expedia.com because it won't let me use my german credit card. And of course expedia.de doesn't have that fare.
I have booked numerous times through expedia.com with my Italian credit card: they will not deliver internationally, but if you find an eticket - which is certainly the case EU-JFK - you can book.
I have also used Amex travel (uses Travelocity engine, even deliveres internationally).
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

the expedia.com ticket was a paper ticket. surprised me too and is actually a big minus for me because i have the tendency to lose them. the would've delivered internationally though. but just did not accept the german cc.

ulev unfortunately i'm not going via MUC but via DUS. the getting on and off quickly is an argument. oh by the way i never mentioned that i could only find a good fare going to EWR. but that actually makes no real difference for where i'm going.

i must also say that for sleeping i prefer the old C. had the new C last week on a MUC-GRU leg and the old one a few days later on GRU-EZE. the old C is a lot softer and i had the feeling i was sliding down on the new ones.... might have been a false impression though.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH, AB & CX Gold, SIXT Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, etc.
Concerning paying with a German Credit Card on american websites - there is a simple hint that works nearly everytime. Simply enter your German billing address and selcet the state of Delaware. As the abbreviation for Delaware is DE equal to the international abbreviation for Germany.

Sounds realy weird, but it works fine. ^

Concerning expedia.com - why didnt you simply call them ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.