Wiki Posts
Search

Statistics: How many HON's, SEN's, FTL's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Nick_USA
btw We must exclude 'HON Lites' from the survey
I am just curios to ask: What is HON Lite ?
I can't get what that expression stand for !!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox
I always though HON-Lites and Cessna-HON was the same. What is the difference?

You are saying that we should exclude classic Sen for being in FT? with the same rule of thumb should also be excluded classic HON that are in FT?
Oh, I wasn't really being serious, but I did mean matched SEN & all kinds of *G who are members of FT. That would have HON as well, since in most airports *G benefits are granted to HON. After hearing overseas stories of not getting into lounges with the black card I'm bringing my SEN card along, doesn't expire until 2013.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am just curios to ask: What is HON Lite ?
I can't get what that expression stand for !!
Probably anyone who qualified by paying less than 10cpm (EUR) on average over the 600k.

Another way to put it would be accruing on average more than 3.25 times the flown distance over the 600k qualification.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Guys I was teasing about the 'Lites' but now come to think of it for SEN (Teasing again) exclude those who got SEN without getting FTL in the same year first. That should capture both matched SENs and those whose partner got gifted one as part of their 'Lite' award.

btw I would gladly 'Lite' if I lived in either Zurich, Munich etc. Mind you I definitely feel the need for a HON run soon
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: LX SEN
Hi everybody, I was wondering whether the number of status flyers has been the object of publications or other updates. Cheers
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
From my observation: the number of HONs has dropped sharply. A visit at anytime to FCLs and FCT proof that: it is most of the time empty and the number of visitors are minimal unlike what it used to be 3 yesrs ago.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
From my observation: the number of HONs has dropped sharply. A visit at anytime to FCLs and FCT proof that: it is most of the time empty and the number of visitors are minimal unlike what it used to be 3 yesrs ago.
Not, it doesn't prove it. A drop in FCL and FCT visitors must not be caused by a decrease of the number of HON. It may also be explained by a fall in the number of F flyers. The alternative explanation actually seems more plausible, considering that F seat capacity has been reduced considerably over the last few years.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by fppmongo
Not, it doesn't prove it. A drop in FCL and FCT visitors must not be caused by a decrease of the number of HON. It may also be explained by a fall in the number of F flyers. The alternative explanation actually seems more plausible, considering that F seat capacity has been reduced considerably over the last few years.
Did you mean to write "does not need to be" where you wrote "must not be"?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by mmff
Did you mean to write "does not need to be" where you wrote "must not be"?
Yes, thanks for correcting. English is not my first language.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by fppmongo
It may or it may not. But for what it's worth a lounge suprema told me that HONs put the greatest strain on the first-class lounges and terminal.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It may or it may not. But for what it's worth a lounge suprema told me that HONs put the greatest strain on the first-class lounges and terminal.
Based on my personal non representative observation I'd guess that about 1/2 of FCT/FCL guests are HONs. Whether or not they are also F class flyer is a separate question...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by Rose9875
Based on my personal non representative observation I'd guess that about 1/2 of FCT/FCL guests are HONs. Whether or not they are also F class flyer is a separate question...
I personally think that main idea to reduce dramaticly status and hon-miles for business class P and Z fares was to reduce qty of Senators and HON's.
Actually to make it also more clear -- if you bring more money to LH (by flying D/C/J fare) you should be honored more than P/Z fare payers.
Same logc works also well for the remaining SENs and HONs -- lounges are less crowded.
Onlhy problem still exist is that LH do allow *G to Senator Lounge. If they finally push them only to Business lounge, the mission should be completed and real loyal customers happy.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Actually to make it also more clear -- if you bring more money to LH (by flying D/C/J fare) you should be honored more than P/Z fare payers.
It is a misconception that you should be rewarded more if you pay more. From LH's perspective, that need not be true.

LH wants to reward people to generate incremental business/to make people more loyal to the brand. That may sometimes involve incentivizing people who bring the most money, but sometimes it may not.

E.g., notice that from a status/HON/select miles perspective, M&M rewards someboby who flies AMS-FRA-WAW on LH in Z more than somebody who flies AMS-WAW on LO in C (or, for that matter, somebody flying FRA-WAW on LH in C). And clearly, there are good reasons for doing so...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It is a big mistake to target people they think spend the most, because these people mostly do not care one jot. LH Group should be targeting their incremental customers, not the people they already have or who are prisoners because of the dominance of LH in Central Europe.

As for FTL status, like the M&M program if they try to devalue it any more they should just get rid of it. Because you can’t devalue it any more, there isn’t anything left to take away!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
It is a big mistake to target people they think spend the most, because these people mostly do not care one jot. LH Group should be targeting their incremental customers, not the people they already have or who are prisoners because of the dominance of LH in Central Europe.

As for FTL status, like the M&M program if they try to devalue it any more they should just get rid of it. Because you can’t devalue it any more, there isn’t anything left to take away!
I disagree with you!

People who spend the most are much more profitable and usually very loyal as they do not care so much of the ticket price -- they care on the comfort and privileges.
Everybody in back of the plane should actually understand that they have their super-cheap ticket ONLY thank to the loyal customers in Business or First, who actually with their ticket subside the super-cheap tickets.

But caring of the eco-flyers have no sense -- they will fly only until the tickets are cheap.

As First class customer I take on the plane place of about 6-8 economy passengers. But my fare is 4000€ + tax, while eco fare may be 99€ + tax.
So who is more profitable and important for airline?

The system of M&M works really fine (for airline) -- I have begging me to fly TK and AY.
With cheaper price and full-flex.
AY do not offer suitable for me business class service.
TK actually do.

But I do not get my necessary status miles (and HON miles) with TK -- there is only 25% of status miles and 0 of HON miles.
And so I fly my LH and LX. To get service and keep status I want.

FFP was made actually for big spenders, first by AA who realised, that only 5% of customers bring 40% of the revenue.

Every airline need to take care mostly for the big spenders as they bring much more profit than people who can fly by 99€+ tax just by the coincidence, that big aircraft have 250+ eco seats and looks stupid just leave them empty.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Concerto

One more thing.
Keeping existing (big spender) customer is always cheaper than find new one.

It's on of the basics of marketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.