M&M Credit Cards

Old Jan 4, 07, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
M&M Credit Cards

The conditions for M&M CCs in Switzerland differ considerably from the offer for Germany, e.g. no fees waived for LH-SEN and no possibility (as far as I know) to have the CCs debited to a company account.

As my company has German as well as Swiss bank accounts, I wonder if it would be possible to have a 'German M&M CC' which draws on a German bank while the company (and myself) are being located in Switzerland. This way, I could benefit from the waived fee.

I have checked the application form and conditions at https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...&nodeid=499238 and could not find anything that would prevent me from doing so.

Does anybody has experience with this? Your feedback is appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 07, 1:52 pm

Programs: half orphan (ie. STC before, but not really happy with M&M)
You can get the Visa Card (and 10´000 Miles) for free from Cornér Bank, Lugano.

http://www.cornercard.ch/de/private_...dmoreplus.html
Old Jan 4, 07, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Monet01 View Post
You can get the Visa Card (and 10´000 Miles) for free from Cornér Bank, Lugano.[/url]
Can it be directly debited to my company account? I know that this has not been possible so far ...
Old Jan 4, 07, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you apply for a M&M CC in Germany, they will verify if you have a german bank account and credit rating in germany. You can give it a try, but CW tells us it won't work. Some have reported here that foreigners could not get a M&M Visa CC in Germany.
Old Jan 4, 07, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
While it is possible to hold a German M&M CC with a Swiss address, applying for it will be more difficult unless you have a German credit rating. If you can get the card issued, using it with a Swiss address is no problem at all.

I applied for mine when I still lived in Germany and continue to keep the card, which is now registered with my Swiss address. It is still deducted from my German bank account though.
Old Jan 4, 07, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Well, then it should work, as I am German and moved to Switzerland approx. 3,5 years ago. And my company account is with the German bank which knows me since almost 15 years.

Thanks to all for your insight!

Last edited by QMConsultant; Jan 4, 07 at 3:53 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 4, 07, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by QMConsultant View Post
Well, then it should work, as I am German and moved to Switzerland approx. 3,5 years ago. And my company account is with the German bank which knows me since almost 15 years.

Thanks to all for your insight!
In that case, it will definitely work, especially if you still have a German bank account and/or credit cards yourself.

Please do report back to us whether or not it worked, it would be interesting to know.
Old Jan 4, 07, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
If you apply for a M&M CC in Germany, they will verify if you have a german bank account and credit rating in germany. You can give it a try, but CW tells us it won't work. Some have reported here that foreigners could not get a M&M Visa CC in Germany.
In fact the issuing bank of LH M&M CC does issue the card to individuals w/o a German SCHUFA history. The card will be offered on a prepaid basis in that case. They also offer that someone else with a positive SCHUFA history secures the card.
Old Jan 5, 07, 2:34 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL->Gold, DL Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
As my company has German as well as Swiss bank accounts, I wonder if it would be possible to have a 'German M&M CC' which draws on a German bank while the company (and myself) are being located in Switzerland. This way, I could benefit from the waived fee.
I don't know the answer to this question. But I want to point out, that you perhaps should consider that there's a 1,75% fee on all non-Euro purchases due to currency exchange CHF-EUR.
Old Jan 6, 07, 7:33 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Question

The conditions for M&M CCs in Switzerland differ considerably from the offer for Germany, e.g. no fees waived for LH-SEN and no possibility (as far as I know) to have the CCs debited to a company account.
by the way is there any substantial difference between the Corner bank and the Swiss travel club (CreditSuisse?) M&M cards?
Old Jan 6, 07, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by marsel View Post
by the way is there any substantial difference between the Corner bank and the Swiss travel club (CreditSuisse?) M&M cards?
Mainly price, as far as I can tell. The CS-issued cards seem to be a good bit more expensive. I think they also differ in terms of fees (foreign currency transactions, etc.), but not by very much.
Old Jan 6, 07, 8:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
..Some have reported here that foreigners could not get a M&M Visa CC in Germany.
Which is rubbish - I have one since its inception.
Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
While it is possible to hold a German M&M CC with a Swiss address, applying for it will be more difficult unless you have a German credit rating..
What you need is your passport verification at any Sparkasse
(savings bank) in DE and a "letter of credit" from your bank
which must not be a no-name CommonWealth Bank of
Australia is big enough, I am sure UBS and CS will be known as well .
It is no problem at all to hold both cards at once, I even know
one person who does.
But the Swiss M&L cards are [email protected] oops can't say that there -
what I mean is they earn a meager 1 mile/ 2 CHF and they
do not give you unlimited mileage lifetime as the German
cards do and also there is no overdraft.
The only plus is the somewhat better customer protection
by Swiss legislation in case of CC fraud.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: