Uncredited LH F flight segment

Old Oct 17, 06, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Uncredited LH F flight segment

Although having travelled LAX-FRA-XXX several times, I have never had an LH metal flight segment not post. I had HEL-FRA in C and FRA-LAX in F on Oct 5. The HEL-FRA segment posted. FRA-LAX has not posted. I am assuming if it hasn't posted by now, it won't. I went to claim it online but it forces you to wait 30 days.

I can't really see how two segments on LH flight and metal on the same ticket and PNR can post/not-post like this? My FRA-LAX BP definitely has my SEN number on it.
Old Oct 18, 06, 12:41 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Don't care. This happens sometimes. Did you or LH change the reservation or the flight? Sometimes they forget to enter your M&M number.
If you need your miles quickly on your account you can send an email plus scans of your ticket and BP to the customer relation dept. They will arrange something with M&M.
Salve Luigi
Old Oct 18, 06, 1:33 am

Just claim it online - where is the problem. I always do it and it works within 2 or 3 days
Old Oct 18, 06, 6:04 am
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by alect
I went to claim it online but it forces you to wait 30 days.
I believe the 30 days is for non-LH flights only. LH flights can be claimed much earlier -- unless this has changed with the makeover of LH's website a few weeks ago.

HTB.
Old Oct 18, 06, 8:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by htb
I believe the 30 days is for non-LH flights only. LH flights can be claimed much earlier -- unless this has changed with the makeover of LH's website a few weeks ago.

HTB.
Nope. You have to wait 30 days till you can request your miles only. This also applies to LH flights (LH metal)
Originally Posted by miles-and-more.com
It can take up to 30 working days for mileage to be automatically credited to your account. Please do not request mileage credit before this time period has elapsed. Documents of missing Lufthansa flights can be sent in via mail after 5 days.
Sad but true… M&M is not the best FFP if it comes to crediting miles. Some other FFP posts the miles you have flown on the corresponding carrier immediately after the flight (e.g. SQ).

Cheers
totti
Old Oct 18, 06, 11:23 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by totti
Nope. You have to wait 30 days till you can request your miles only. This also applies to LH flights (LH metal)
I dont think so. As it says in your own quote: Documents of missing Lufthansa flights can be sent in via mail after 5 days.

I have done so before. I claimed missing LH and also LX flights online after 5 days.
Old Oct 18, 06, 11:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
I'd recommend you send a fax to Kassel with a copy of the BP. That always has worked for me.
Old Oct 18, 06, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Hamburger
I dont think so. As it says in your own quote: Documents of missing Lufthansa flights can be sent in via mail after 5 days.

I have done so before. I claimed missing LH and also LX flights online after 5 days.
Yes that's right but if you want to use the online request form you need to wait 30 days. Just had this problem some weeks ago for an european C tix.
Old Oct 18, 06, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Exactly - online request must be after 30 days - when I tried it it told me i had to wait 30 days. BUT if I wanted to PRINT OUT MY E-TICKET RECEIPT add my BP and send it in I could do that now - how ridiculous!!!

Luckily I don't need the miles desperately so will just wait 30 days. I just don't see why for LH metal e-ticket I can't submit online now with my ticket number - they have all the info already - are they just too lazy? Most definitely with AA and QF i would simply submit online and usually see the miles within 1-2 days.

And no one still had an explanation how two segments on the same day (for which I checked in at the same time in HEL) could post so selectively?
Old Oct 18, 06, 11:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
I've had similar. There is no logical explanation. However when I chase up they posted very quickly.
Old Oct 19, 06, 2:48 am

Well for me the online request worked after 5 days, or to be precise:

I claimed LX flights of 10.10.2006 online on 18.10.2006 and received the confirmation e-mail saying:

"vielen Dank fuer die Nutzung unserer Online-Funktion "Nachtraegliche Meilengutschrift". Wir haben Ihre Daten erhalten und werden sie umgehend bearbeiten.
Bitte beruecksichtigen Sie, dass die Pruefung und Anzeige der Meilen aus dieser Anfrage bis zu sieben Tage in Anspruch nehmen kann.
Bitte bewahren Sie Ihre Bordkarten und Ihren Flugschein unbedingt solange auf, bis die Meilen Ihrem Konto erfolgreich gutgeschrieben sind.
Noch ein Hinweis fuer Sie: Flugpraemientickets sowie Fluege, die aelter sind als zwoelf Monate, berechtigen nicht zum Meilen sammeln. Reisen, die nicht mit Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa oder SWISS stattgefunden haben, koennen nicht über das Online Formular zur nachtraeglichen Gutschrift eingereicht werden. Nutzen Sie dafuer bitte die PDF-Formulare fuer Partneraktivitaeten unter www.miles-and-more.ch/meilengutschrift.

Falls Sie weitere Fragen haben sollten, koennen Sie sich jederzeit an das Miles & More Service Team unter +41 (0)900 85 0000 (0,86 CHF/Min.) wenden.

Ihr Miles & More Service Team"

Mainly it says: "We have received your data and will check it. Please allow up to 7 days for this process."
Old Oct 19, 06, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Hamburger
Well for me the online request worked after 5 days, or to be precise:
Interesting! So I'll try it next time (but I hope I don't need to in near future).
Old Oct 20, 06, 2:05 am

Today the missing miles posted, two days after claiming them online. So it definitely works (at least for me in this case).
Old Oct 20, 06, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

So today I called the US SEN line (Sth Africa) and asked for the miles. She seemed pretty clueless and first told me to submit online - I tried to explain to her 3 times that it doesn't accept the submission within 30 days - took her 3 goes to get it.

Then she said to send in my ticket copy and BP. I tried to explain how ridiculous it was that they wanted me to print me E-TICKET and send them info which they already have. She pretty much refused to help in any way.

I hung up and emailed M&M feedback through the website.

I have to say that not only is this missing miles process the worst of all the FFP programs I belong to, but the LH elite call center service is by far the poorest out of AA and QF which I have experienced. AA EXP line is stellar almost all the time. QF Premium desk is not as good but usually very good. SEN line is not even up to the standard of the normal AAdvantage line.
Old Oct 20, 06, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by alect
I have to say that not only is this missing miles process the worst of all the FFP programs I belong to, but the LH elite call center service is by far the poorest out of AA and QF which I have experienced. AA EXP line is stellar almost all the time. QF Premium desk is not as good but usually very good. SEN line is not even up to the standard of the normal AAdvantage line.
Have you ever tried UA MP for retroactive credit of LH flights? Do that, you will write letters, make phone calls ans send faxes for months. Many months. Endless fun!

As for the various SEN lines, the guys in Kassel remain pretty helpful (same for the official German Miles&More center), so I suggest you call them and don't waste your time with futile calls to overeas CCs in South Africa, Australia etc., followed by just as futile rants in this forum. You have better things to do. Remember: You get what you call for!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: