Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you swap seats (Y with C) with someone on the plane?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA blue
Originally Posted by LHWolf
My experience (several times) is, that there is no problem at all to swap seats (why should it be?). For the crew it is the same. Just inform them.
I do not see any reason why they should swap you back.
Thanks a lot for the info -- I will follow your advice. Not that I cannot think of any reason why they might want to swap us back but if it worked for you, it will probably work for me.

While we are at it: will we be able to take Oldthinker the Junior to F lounges (or to FCT in FRA) as a guest accompanying two F passengers?
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problems swapping at all. You can even share the seat if you want to: On a flight to ICN we had two people booked in C, one in Y (flight fully booked), and we took turns sleeping- one person for four hours, the other for four hours. Lh was very nice about it actually.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
No problems swapping at all. You can even share the seat if you want to: On a flight to ICN we had two people booked in C, one in Y (flight fully booked), and we took turns sleeping- one person for four hours, the other for four hours. Lh was very nice about it actually.
I doubt that this idea will go down well with Oldthinker the Junior, but I will give it a try.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Would this still be true if the C/F passenger is a child who paid the child fare?

I am planning a RTW with the family, where the children sit in coach, and my wife and in F. I could reduce the cost by putting one child in F with my wife, and switch seats in flight.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zorro
I am planning a RTW with the family, where the children sit in coach, and my wife and in F. I could reduce the cost by putting one child in F with my wife, and switch seats in flight.
What a cruel plan! Dragging a child, kicking and screaming, from F to Y... Surely the crew won't allow this.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:41 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LHWolf
My experience (several times) is, that there is no problem at all to swap seats (why should it be?). For the crew it is the same. Just inform them.
I do not see any reason why they should swap you back.

We accepted a downgrade for one of us and switched the seats midlight and the C crew did not like it at all.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Oldthinker
What a cruel plan! Dragging a child, kicking and screaming, from F to Y... Surely the crew won't allow this.
I can deal with my child, the problem arises when the crew starts to kick and scream!

She can be bribed for considerably less than the fare difference I would save.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:55 pm

She can be bribed for considerably less than the fare difference I would save.

I didn't think about it from this angle...
Old Oct 8, 2006, 3:41 pm

If you treat your wife and yourself to F, how come your children deserve less ? Second class, or actually: Third class family members?

Or are those kids not yours...
Old Oct 8, 2006, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by D-AIPD
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by totti
..But our fellow FTer weero reported form problems with LH cc agents down under as well IIRC..
You report correctly what fellow FTer weero has reported so far.
Exit rows never work ex. Oz. And back ex CH, I also never succeeded, despite
having forked up the money for the premium number ...
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by weero
Exit rows never work ex. Oz.
I have also never succeeded in snagging them before getting to a LH staffed facility. I've tried requesting them via my TA, UA (phone and checkin), LH phone (1300 no in Oz), LH online and also LH phone in UK I have luckily enough got a couple at LH checkin (miracle that they were still available, perhaps a SEN got upgraded out of it?)
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by D-AIPD
If you treat your wife and yourself to F, how come your children deserve less ? Second class, or actually: Third class family members?

They are indeed mine and my wife´s. However, the relationship between the size of their bottoms on a coach seat approximates that of mine on F, a statement which fortunately does not hold true in the case of my wife.

So: Wife First class family members, husband and children 2nd class.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:13 pm

They are indeed mine and my wife´s. However, the relationship between the size of their bottoms on a coach seat approximates that of mine on F, a statement which fortunately does not hold true in the case of my wife.

So: Wife First class family members, husband and children 2nd class.
So it's not about caviar then? I heard that some kids don't like caviar, so flying F would be wasted on them .

My boy is bigger than me and loves caviar, so I don't have an excuse not to swap places with him.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 1:03 pm

(...) Wife First class family members (...)

First class butts deserve First class seats

If you speak German, have a look at today's Streiflicht (sorry, no way to translate it). Unfortunately not available on sueddeutsche.de, but available (for charge) in the e-paper (same website) and in LexisNexis (Süddeutsche Zeitung, Monday edition [October 9]).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.