Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andre1970
...nor have you a clue how to spell his handle
While discussing FTers is against T&C, mentioning a band member of Fanta 4 is not. @:-)
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by flysurfer
While discussing FTers is against T&C, mentioning a band member of Fanta 4 is not. @:-)
HE'S NOT THE SAME GUY?!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andre1970
HE'S NOT THE SAME GUY?!
Knowing both, that's a clear NO.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
whats wrong with the dark blue van laack PJ?!
The von Laack has no cut at all and is a bit wide open around the neck. I personally feel much more comfortable with the Aigner PJ.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:11 am

But the cabins were full of pax wearing that stuff. The horror, the horror!

For example, I have met Thomas_D several times this summer, but I still don't have a clue how he looks NOT wearing a soccer kit.
Now, that you say it. Indeed, that was really shocking. I remember that flight (as said, only one in this timeframe) as NightmareOverGreenland.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For this year, LH now offers a company issued oktoberfest uniform for groundstaff in MUC:

Lufthansa is limbering up what is known in Bavaria as the “fifth” season of the year – the Munich Oktoberfest.

From 23 September to 11 October, the by now legendary Lufthansa crew in traditional Bavarian dress will serve passengers on flights from Munich to three destinations in Asia, North America and South America. The female flight attendants will swap their usual navy blue uniforms for blue polka-dot dirndls, while the stewards will don traditional Bavarian suits. This year, for the first time, many Lufthansa customer service staff in Terminal 2 at Munich will also be wearing a specially designed traditional costume.

Fifty years ago, Lufthansa staff members swapped their uniforms for traditional costumes for the first time. In 1957 the airline reported: “During the Oktoberfest from 17 September to 2 October, Lufthansa stewardesses dressed in traditional dirndls will be attending to passengers on flights from New York to Hamburg and from London to Munich.” On those routes, blonde flight attendants wore pale-blue dirndls, while their dark-haired colleagues were attired in pink.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
The staff in FCL at MUC were already dirndled up on Saturday evening (except the limo driver, a brunette, who was not). I was hoping for the crew on LH459 from SFO already, but they were wearing default uniforms.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
The staff in FCL at MUC were already dirndled up on Saturday evening (except the limo driver, a brunette, who was not). I was hoping for the crew on LH459 from SFO already, but they were wearing default uniforms.
Well, I had a "dirndled" limo dispatcher in the FCT in FRA Sunday morning. OMG, is Hessen part of Bavaria now or has all of Germany turned Japanese?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, UA-Prem, BA-Silver, SPG-PLT, Hyatt-PLT, Hilton-GLD
Didn't fly one of the advertised flights, but business took me in an out of MUC a couple of times over the past 10 days.

Honestly, until it was pointed out somewhere in the thread I hadn't even noticed that quite a few of the women working in MUC were wearing Dirndl. You get so used to seeing them in general in Bavaria (especially around Oktoberfest) that they don't stand out. Now seeing one in Frankfurt, I would have noticed!

My intercon flights in and out of MUC were from DEN and to EWR (on Privatair) so no dirndled flight attendants.

Interestingly as to the world cup comments. I fly quite a bit around Germany and Europe then and very much remember all the "paraphenalia". This year around Oktoberfest it's not so bad although on my MUC-FRA, FRA-LIN and MUC-EWR they served an "Oktoberfest Snack Plate" which includes wurstsalat, obazda (I wouldn't even know how to translate that one - think cheese spread), krautsalat and depending on the flight either leberkaese (having to do nothing with either liver or cheese) or "frikadellen" (think cold veal hamburger patty) as well as a little chocoate with an oktoberfest heart on it. All very very traditional. On the MUC-EWR flight they even served freshly warmed brez'n!
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Lh Sof-muc

I'm arriving at MUC from IAD on UA Sun 10/14 at 8:10 a.m. My gf arrives 20 minutes later on LH from SOF. Assuming I stay airside, will I be able to meet her w/o clearing security again?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Javan69
I'm arriving at MUC from IAD on UA Sun 10/14 at 8:10 a.m. My gf arrives 20 minutes later on LH from SOF. Assuming I stay airside, will I be able to meet her w/o clearing security again?
Yes. You will both arrive at the non-Schengen part.

But why post in this thread?

SmilingBoy.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I think they did this last year, too?
Yes. I flew BSL-MUC last year to attend the Oktoberfest and the FT Do. I think it's great!
Too bad I have to take the train this year to reach MUC this Friday for the Oktoberfest.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: United/Star Alliance - 1K
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Yes. You will both arrive at the non-Schengen part.

But why post in this thread?

SmilingBoy.
--------------
I don't know. Was a bear finding my own post. Then again, I'm a UA 1K, so what do I know?

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 1, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Oktoberfest meal

Originally Posted by kevinsac
" . . . . . und reicht Brezn, Weißbier und Schnupftabak. "

You'e got to be kidding.......they are serving snuff on board? So much for LH F!
I had no crew members with Dirndl or Tracht but the special oktoberfest meal on my flight to DEN out of MUC in F last week.
It was marked as the second meal('snack') before landing. The first meal was normal LH-F Style (without the special tablecloth etc.)
I liked it very much and put some photos online for you.
The other two (german) passengers in F seemed to like it as well. Before touchdown we got the Bierkrug(0,2l) and a Herzl as a gift.
Because of the LH contract with Warsteiner they had to serve this beer "on tap". The purser and the entire crew were sorry about that. One of this 5-liter "Party Fass" was catered.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lhwurstlw9.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?i...berfestsb2.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lhgiftao4.jpg

The Menu:

Cold and hot specialties
Original Weißwurst from the Lion's Head Tureen, served with Sweet Mustard.
Smokes Whitefish Fillet with Ligonberry Cream and White Cabbage Salad
Aspic of Veal Ham in a tasty Marinade
Veal meatballs, Bavarian Potato Salad with Onions, Vinegar and Oil
Obatzda, Wiesn Radish
Munich Leberkäs
Mushroom Ragout in Cream, served with either stuffed Veal Breast ord Bread Dumplings.

Dessert
Plum Tart with Whipped Cream
Fresh Fruit of the Season

So, what do you think about that?!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by LH431
I had no crew members with Dirndl or Tracht but the special oktoberfest meal on my flight to DEN out of MUC in F last week.
So, what do you think about that?!
I really hope, this is MUC only and they don't serve that stuff on my FRA-MIA flight next Friday. I've booked the F cabin and expect real F meal service and no pavillon junk food. I try to avoid entire Bavaria between September and October each year and don't think this affectation should spill over into the rest of Germany.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.