Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa crew in traditional costumes to set the mood “Costumed flights” from Munich

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:38 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
As I already said, when I'm paying a lot of money for a F ticket (or even a C ticket) I want to experience regular service in F or C. I definitely don't want Oktoberfest feeling with roaring plastered people swaying the Macarena dance.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 6, 2006 at 2:58 pm Reason: removed reference to deleted post
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:53 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
As I already said, when I'm paying a lot of money for a F ticket (or even a C ticket) I want to experience regular service in F or C. I definitely don't want Oktoberfest feeling with roaring plastered people swaying the Macarena dance.
I totally agree. Last time I checked, LH was a German, not a Bavarian airline (and was advertising MUC as their second hub for all pax) - they should act accordingly, and they should acknowledge that there is (rightly or wrongly) a certain tension between the "Prussian" part of Germany and Bavaria. I'd appreciate having the choice of joining Bavarian festivities (I've certainly done it and enjoyed it), but I don't appreciate this being imposed on me by LH.

Having said all that, there's certainly bigger fish to fry ...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 6, 2006 at 2:58 pm Reason: edited quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:07 am

Talking

Will fly via FRA eclusively untill Oct. 3. Problem solved

Now, wait a minute: Is the the new anti-discrimination law applicable in this case? As a proud inhabitant of the Free and Hansatic City of Hamburg I'm obviously discriminated against because there are no FA's flying in our traditional costumes. No servings of superb Northern German beer, no servings of Finkenwerder Scholle etc...

But then again, just listening to a Hamburg based crew after arrival when the typical "Welcome to hamburg" speech is amended by "the most beautiful city of Germany" makes up for the bavarian costume carnival... ^

/flamesuit on
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:08 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Dirndls rock!

c'mon guys, can't get aymore of your prosaic thinking and unglamorous lives!

Am I trolling, or what
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by curt
As a proud inhabitant of the Free and Hansatic City of Hamburg I'm obviously discriminated against because there are no FA's flying in our traditional costumes. No servings of superb Northern German beer, no servings of Finkenwerder Scholle etc...
You're no LH hub bro!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
... no servings of Finkenwerder Scholle etc...
... actually, that's exactly what I meant when alluding to "bigger fish to fry"!
.. just listening to a Hamburg based crew after arrival when the typical "Welcome to hamburg" speech is amended by "the most beautiful city of Germany" ... ^
Cant't fault LH for telling the truth for once ...
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
The BBC news site has a video clip and interviews with staff:

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...=all&edition=i
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
F cabin is F cabin and Oktoberfest (inkl. Maßkrug orgies) is Oktoberfest.

OMG, you really must have hated LH in June/July with all these utterly irregular World Cup service items and all the extra stuff at the terminals, lounges, gates, the planes. They even repainted some planes and you got a soccer pajama in F! Even most of the food on the planes and in the lounges had a soccer theme! I barely can't imagine your suffering. Sleepless days and nights not only over Greenland!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
... actually, that's exactly what I meant when alluding to "bigger fish to fry"!

Cant't fault LH for telling the truth for once ...
Well, um, that beauty definitely lies in the eye of the beholder.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
You're no LH hub bro!
We are no hub, period. Actually, we don't even have a significant airport

But that's why we want to have support from LH One way or the other...
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are no hub, period. Actually, we don't even have a significant airport
You still have a significant port, so you can always travel by ship.

No intercontinental ships in MUC, so leave them their Oktoberfest.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
OMG, you really must have hated LH in June/July with all these utterly irregular World Cup service items and all the extra stuff at the terminals, lounges, gates, the planes. They even repainted some planes and you got a soccer pajama in F! Even most of the food on the planes and in the lounges had a soccer theme! I barely can't imagine your suffering. Sleepless days and nights not only over Greenland!
That was not a frequent travel time for me. Can't remember why. Maybe it had something to do with a sports event somewhere in Europe...

The soccer PJ at least was not as bad as the dark blue van Laack one. And my son liked it.

The chocolate stuff was only nice for the eyes, if any. The taste and quality was really poor.

Honestly I didn't take care that much of the repainted nose overGreenland and could still sleep very well.

Oh, and I still didn't see any FA wearing a white no. 13 trikot.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:13 am

The soccer PJ at least was not as bad as the dark blue van Laack one. And my son liked it.
whats wrong with the dark blue van laack PJ?!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, and I still didn't see any FA wearing a white no. 13 trikot.
But the cabins were full of pax wearing that stuff. The horror, the horror!

For example, I have met Thomas_D several times this summer, but I still don't have a clue how he looks NOT wearing a soccer kit.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
For example, I have met Thomas_D several times this summer, but I still don't have a clue how he looks NOT wearing a soccer kit.
...nor have you a clue how to spell his handle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.