The Truth About Priority Tagging

Old Sep 4, 06, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
The Truth About Priority Tagging

All,

Today I flew NCE-MUC-OSL - as usual. As usual I had a priority tag attached to my bag at check-in in NCE (I even got an op-up ). Arriving at OSL my suitcase looked like this:

http://www.ludvig.no/files/honest_tagging.jpg

My reaction was part amusement, part annoyed, as this clearly shows how much the red priority tag is worth. I am sure the baggage handler must have had a ball attaching his "Last Baggage" tag on a bag with "Priority". (And yes, it came out last...)

Probably should write a letter of complaint...
Old Sep 4, 06, 11:22 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
"Hot": The "coolest" oxymoron in years!
Old Sep 4, 06, 11:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
HOT or RUSH is usually attached when the connection is tight and the baggage handler has spotted a bag that either has missed a connection or is about to miss its connection. How much time did you have in MUC?

Last bag is usually the tag put on the last piece to be sent from the MUC baggage handling center to an aircraft on the remote field. The handlers remove that tag before loading it, in your case they must have missed it...
Old Sep 4, 06, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by oliver2002
HOT or RUSH is usually attached when the connection is tight and the baggage handler has spotted a bag that either has missed a connection or is about to miss its connection. How much time did you have in MUC?

Last bag is usually the tag put on the last piece to be sent from the MUC baggage handling center to an aircraft on the remote field. The handlers remove that tag before loading it, in your case they must have missed it...
HOT is easy. You get it if you have between 30 minutes and I believe 1 hour connection time. Bags are handled separately from the rest of the bags.

Last bag is "cuter". I guess your explanation is right. To me it looked more like an instruction to the baggage handlers at OSL.
Old Sep 4, 06, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by larsll
To me it looked more like an instruction to the baggage handlers at OSL.
Perhaps your bag came out of the aircraft as one of the first at OSL (might well have been, as it was the last loaded), and he just thought he was doing his job.

You never know..
Old Sep 4, 06, 2:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Usually I experience problems with priority tagging at airports which are not a "star alliance hub". It seems the ground handling companies just dont care.

(even my Hon-Priority tagged bag after flying F was the last one one the carousel once ;-)
Old Sep 4, 06, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Nice Photo

But really, I guess it was handled correctly on departing 1st leg and on arrival the ramp agent thought "OK this bag at last"

Old Sep 5, 06, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by larsll
HOT is easy. You get it if you have between 30 minutes and I believe 1 hour connection time. Bags are handled separately from the rest of the bags.

Last bag is "cuter". I guess your explanation is right. To me it looked more like an instruction to the baggage handlers at OSL.
Or you have 15 hrs layover nad the computer insists that you need a HOT tag !
Old Sep 6, 06, 12:47 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Unhappy Priority...NOT!

Originally Posted by marco_polo73
Usually I experience problems with priority tagging at airports which are not a "star alliance hub". It seems the ground handling companies just dont care.

(even my Hon-Priority tagged bag after flying F was the last one one the carousel once ;-)
I too had the same experience. Flew JNB-FRA-BOS, all in First. When I arrived in BOS, my bag was the very, VERY last off the carousel!

Search this Thread