Nokia E60

Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Nokia E60

I just got a new cell phone from Nokia. It is the Nokia E60. I have now configured it that I can do VoIP calls via WLAN with Sipgate at home.

Now I have the following two questions:

1) Is it possible to make VoIP calls with the cell phone via the Lufthansa flynet?

2) How can I explain to the flight attendants that I am not using the cell phone part of the phone?

Greetings,
Old Aug 15, 2006, 2:58 am

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
I can answer 2. They are used to Blackberry devices by now where you can switch off the cell phone part at any time. They never give me any trouble.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:20 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
As for 2) I have the Nokia E61 and switch off GSM mode, when flying. This allows me to use it as MP3 player and I never had problems with any FA. None even asked.

For 1) I know, that SKYPE VoIP works on Laptops. So I don't see a reason, why a E60 in WLAN mode shouldn't work. But I wouldn't do it, because other pax may complain or may be concerned. (Yes, there are still people in the world, who believe, that mobile phones could cause crashes. )
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:12 am

Programs: LH MM
and then there are people who spend so much time of their lives on and around phones that they are actually thankful for any non phone environment. and i find that is actually one of the BIG plus' about sitting in an airplane (and there are not so many other plus' i can think of right now...)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Lennart
and then there are people who spend so much time of their lives on and around phones that they are actually thankful for any non phone environment. and i find that is actually one of the BIG plus' about sitting in an airplane (and there are not so many other plus' i can think of right now...)
If Kranich or someone similar is really ruining my day, destroying my travel experience and taking away the one and only big plus in my life aboard an airplane, I'd just ask him to keep it down. I mean, he must be talking loudly in order for you to even recognize any disturbance, because the last time I flew, pax were still allowed to speak (with each other, that is). Actually, it's not entirely uncommon that LH FAs ask pax to keep it down in F and C when they are chatting loudly while others try to sleep. Now, if there's a baby aboard, everything changes, as it can happily annoy the entire cabin during the entire flight.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:41 am

Programs: LH FTL,AB Gold,BAHNCARD 100
Kranich you might want to check this website http://www.my-s60.com/de/voip/provider/index.html
helped me a lot with the VOIP settings for my e61. All infos should work for the e60 as well.

Cheers,

Frank.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:26 am

VoIP calls

I made VoIP calls with my PDA via the Lufthansa flynet (Skype).
But the airplane was too noisy so quality was not too good.
I coud hear 100% but they could hardly hear me...
But it was worth to see the face of my surprised neightbour !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.