Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any OS HONS out here?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by ulev
flysurfer where are you? Please take this thread of topic or anywhere you like.
Oh, I'm right here, cultivating my anger about all those HONs. Because all they do is either invite me on their yacht to CLEAN it - or to chauffeur them between their planes and the FCT in FRA.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
It is fascinating to see that there are HONs out there who are not happy.
Back in 2001 I was in a similar situation (before HON was launched). I was doing close to 600k miles per year on LH / *A and LH really started to bug me with all kinds of nonsense.

Since then I moved over to BA / OW mostly (CX). OK, they aren't perfect either but at least I now maintain *G and OW Emerald. The best of both worlds for me !
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Oh, I'm right here, cultivating my anger about all those HONs. Because all they do is either invite me on their yacht to CLEAN it - or to chauffeur them between their planes and the FCT in FRA.
Better than my best friends, really. Only 5 minutes after my crying out for you! How did you do that?

Out of my endless HON gratitude I would now offer you a cup of my valuable HON Christmas tea.......after the yacht is spotless of course. And you could bring weero, how about that?

Thanks for rescuing me from the seriousness of LH misery. I am really indebted to you now.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Better than my best friends, really. Only 5 minutes after my crying out for you! How did you do that?

Out of my endless HON gratitude I would now offer you a cup of my valuable HON Christmas tea.......after the yacht is spotless of course. And you could bring weero, how about that?

Thanks for rescuing me from the seriousness of LH misery. I am really indebted to you now.
OK, deal. I'll bring Weero for the cleaning chores while I have tea with you. May I also hold onto your HON card for a minute or two? I could polish it or sumthin...
Old May 10, 2006, 5:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
wow, I have just started to read the LH forum threads....

From an outsider's perspective... what a strange thread... "Big Brother"? "KGB"? still can't figure this thread out.. why would LH be "targetting" you? because of place of residence?

Aren't OS or LH Hon programs run by the same company?

Can you help me understand this thread a little more?

Many thanks
Old May 10, 2006, 5:31 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by sentom
i was just wondering how the HON service from austrian is... i can probably make it by the end of the year but want to know if its worth it ex SZG or VIE for that matter... any insights!?

cheers

sentom
IMO there is a very interesting benefit for VIE-located OS-Hons: IFAIK ten shuttle-vouchers from downtown VIE to VIE apt or vv. Would be fine to have it in german cities.
Salve Luigi
Old May 10, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by flysurfer
OK, deal. I'll bring Weero for the cleaning chores while I have tea with you..
Whadda? That's not fair - see what you did with ulev's lovely invitation:
..after the yacht is spotless of course. And you could bring weero, how about that?..
And I know that you only did dare to do so because you are aware of me not
reading threads which deal with "UGS / HON / celebrieties". I try to use a
spider tool which notifies me of any threads mentioning "Wolf/weero/flysurfer/
totti/ulev/andre1970/Flymaster/SYD" and the like - but at nearly no avail so
far.
In this case, my set of prejudices almost berieved me by an interesting
discussion about ulev's battle. And your try to leave the janitory aspects
of the DO with me ...
Old May 10, 2006, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
..Aren't OS or LH Hon programs run by the same company?

Can you help me understand this thread a little more?..
Yes, the OS/LX/LH M&L is all the very same. But the KGB comment did refer
to ticketing and ticketing audits (so I assume) and not to the M&L whichs is
naturally great for ulev and decently benign with flysurfer
Old May 10, 2006, 9:19 am

according to this article from 2003 (in German only, sorry), LH's KGB (aka "Revenue Protection and Fraud Prevention Department") targets 2 % of their passengers as "black sheep" using illegal methods. That seems to be a very high figure - presumably everyone who throws away the last segment of a restricted ticket is considered to be a "black sheep"...
Old May 10, 2006, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by sentom
i was just wondering how the HON service from austrian is... i can probably make it by the end of the year but want to know if its worth it ex SZG or VIE for that matter... any insights!?

cheers

sentom
I fly out of SZG all the time. HON gives you the vouchers for rides to/from the airport, but connecting in FRA with FCT and FCL is just great. HON team in Vienna is incredible good (for me, but I was told I am #52 of the most flying HONs in Austria ;-))... helped me a lot where I did not find any solution anymore. They only made one mistake ( wrong UA intra-US flight change as part of a RTW - I had to get my on flight at the airport, as the segment was somehow not "active" in the UA system). HON service credited me with the cost for my alternate ticket.

Cheers, Pinzgau
Old May 10, 2006, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by jarino
according to this article from 2003 (in German only, sorry), LH's KGB (aka "Revenue Protection and Fraud Prevention Department") targets 2 % of their passengers as "black sheep" using illegal methods. That seems to be a very high figure - presumably everyone who throws away the last segment of a restricted ticket is considered to be a "black sheep"...
Ah.. thanks for the clarification.. I can now understand the conversation..

Yes, caught doing so would be considered to a serious breach of travel protocol... I think on BA there is a policy that if caught doing they would cancel the reservation and/or charge the traveller the full fare value of the itinerary...if this was purchase on a lower fare basis..(i.e. RTW fare originating in a different country with lower fares)..

However, I have not heard anyone caught doing so
Old May 10, 2006, 10:40 am

..Yes, caught doing so would be considered to a serious breach of travel protocol... I think on BA there is a policy that if caught doing they would cancel the reservation and/or charge the traveller the full fare value of the itinerary...if this was purchase on a lower fare basis..
It was about the last segment, not the first one:
Originally Posted by jarino
..presumably everyone who throws away the last segment of a restricted ticket is considered to be a "black sheep"...
Throwing away the last one happens all the time. And these days the German
courts even start to back that you can toss the first one. So Revenue Protection
faces a lot of work ahead of them ...
Old May 11, 2006, 6:52 pm

Ah.. thanks for the clarification.. I can now understand the conversation..

Yes, caught doing so would be considered to a serious breach of travel protocol... I think on BA there is a policy that if caught doing they would cancel the reservation and/or charge the traveller the full fare value of the itinerary...if this was purchase on a lower fare basis..(i.e. RTW fare originating in a different country with lower fares)..

However, I have not heard anyone caught doing so
Ok, you brought this thing up again and I already feel my blood pressure rising...

The people in LH's KGB department have a serious problem: They cannot read fare rules. And the boss, Mr. Versemann, lacks even a minimum amount of knowledge about German law. If they need such a department, fine with me. But the people working there should be the best an airline can find (by knowledge of course) and not the most arrogant.

This combined with the unbelievable amount of fear you recognize with everybody in LH once this department gets involved, which can only be compared to how the KGB was feared in Russia's past, has incredible consequences if they accuse you wrongly of breaking the rules.

When even the head of the KGB had to admit they were wrong after more than 6 months you would probably think somebody owes a HON an apology.

Naah, forget about it.

My M&M number probably remains flagged for the rest of my live in their system and whenever I use a manual ticket it pops up and gives somebody another chance to screw up and deny me boarding without a reason.

BTW, I had a similar case less than 2 weeks ago with ANA on a domestic flight. LH had made a mistake issuing my ticket this time. I pushed my AMC Plat card in their face and told them to contact LH about it and leave me alone. Well, they apologized profoundly and did exactly what I told them, but let me carry on with my journey in the mean time. Three flights later they contacted me again in an ANA lounge and asked very apologetically if I would allow them to attach a note to my ticket, that according to LH everything was ok and I was good to go. What a difference!

Finally, I want to be an OS HON with my US address, but haven't figured it out yet. Why? Because it makes me feel better. And I probably fly as much OS as LH. I don't care about the benefits in this case, but I do care about my blood pressure.
Old May 12, 2006, 2:08 am

Thanks Ulev for the clarification...
Old May 12, 2006, 2:46 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I don't care about the benefits in this case, but I do care about my blood pressure.
This really puts things into perspective, that's why I have given up as well. Since the beginning of this year I fly on interesting, different carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.