Compensation for broken IFE?

Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03

I got 18,000 on the same route and class lol

BUT the Purser gave them to me on board using old fashioned paper vouchers which credited automatically about 6 weeks later. She said that was the maximum she was allowed to give on one flight. I’m sure if I’d gone to the online feedback form I would have just got 10,000. YMMV
Maybe the extra 8000 3000 miles are the HON bonus.

I got 10000 15000 (just checked the amount of miles I got and my memory had obviously failed me, apologies) without even complaining
and for an IFE that had to be restarted many times but was not completely broken. Seems appropriate to me.

Last edited by worldclubber; Sep 26, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
What should one expect as SEN in F for not functioning flynet?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
You can try and will most likely get some miles, but flynet does not work for me most of the time and I accept it as normal.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
An apology.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
On a recent A380 flight, flynet was not working the entire flight & my IFE did not work in F
I was only compensated for the IFE failure

Let us know the outcome ?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Personally I wouldn’t expect to be compensated (and wouldn’t ask) for non-functioning flynet. I think we’re a way off WiFi being a standard expectation on EU carriers. It often doesn’t work anyway..
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
Personally I wouldn’t expect to be compensated (and wouldn’t ask) for non-functioning flynet. I think we’re a way off WiFi being a standard expectation on EU carriers. It often doesn’t work anyway..
Well LH make such a big song & dance about flynet & frankly it’s more important than watching a movie, they do compensate you if you cannot watch your movie but not when flynet is off entirely on a 12 hour flight, don’t quite get the rational
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:10 pm

Entertainment offline in First Class 747-8

Hi

So I just used my annual upgrade award to upgrade myself from business to first on a +-10 hr flight on one of the LH 747-8 planes. Throughout the whole flight none of the TV screens worked in first class, while all other classes did not have any issues. The purser apologized countless times to me and the rest of the cabin but there was nothing he could do.

As compensation, Lufthansa offered a ridiculous offer of 10,000 award miles. After protests from my side, they’re also willing to pay €100, which also sounds ridiculous to me on a flight that cost $5K before taking into consideration the upgrade voucher.

Any thoughts / experience on these kinds of issues?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Joenacker
Hi

So I just used my annual upgrade award to upgrade myself from business to first on a +-10 hr flight on one of the LH 747-8 planes. Throughout the whole flight none of the TV screens worked in first class, while all other classes did not have any issues. The purser apologized countless times to me and the rest of the cabin but there was nothing he could do.

As compensation, Lufthansa offered a ridiculous offer of 10,000 award miles. After protests from my side, they’re also willing to pay €100, which also sounds ridiculous to me on a flight that cost $5K before taking into consideration the upgrade voucher.

Any thoughts / experience on these kinds of issues?
Yes, that’s quite standard amount of miles for no IFE on LH, you did well to extract another 100 E
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, that’s quite standard amount of miles for no IFE on LH, you did well to extract another 100 E
I got 15000 for no IFE on my last trip back from LAX, but no 100€. So not a bad deal for the OP.

I would agree with the OP that the offered compensation is not a lot considering the price of the tickets.

Last edited by worldclubber; Dec 12, 2018 at 2:11 am
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I would agree with the OP that the offered compensation is not a lot considering the price of the tickets.
I would agree with you & the OP
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
That is all nothing compared to LX offering 1500 for broken IFE in F. Not miles but euro!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30486721-post42.html

Next flight, can I have broken IFE in F please?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
That is all nothing compared to LX offering 1500 for broken IFE in F. Not miles but euro!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30486721-post42.html

Next flight, can I have broken IFE in F please?
Fingers are crossed mine isn’t functioning next week

And my IPad will be fully prepared
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by chris63

I would agree with you & the OP
Well, I will be cheeky... If OP did not upgrade to F, he would have perfectly functioning IFE in J... So his loss is not cost of the ticket, only cost (vouchers) of upgrade... And that's big difference...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Joenacker
Don't think you can look at it this way - should you stay in your purchased $5K J class, you would have perfectly functioning IFE... So your loss is only in the vouchers... not in money...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.