Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for broken IFE?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:34 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
HI,

you will get a "we are sorry" in about 6-8 weeks from now - but that is IT! No compensation so to speak of....
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:08 am

Regular answering time - unless you're HON - with LH is about 3 months. Apparently it has gotten so worse they are actually trying to at least make things not even worse (if one is to believe several sources like Twitter, Facebook, forums/blogs) - but yeah, this said, it's about 3 months ("One Lufthansel") to get a generic reply.

LH used to be fairly OK with compensation for broken IFE in the past to their own Elite members - 10-20k, depending on how severe it was and on which class you were - but I'd say don't expect anything as Non-M&M Elite. They could afaik give you up to 5k miles to your own program, but yeah, well, trinkets..

In short: Vote with your wallet
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
More here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ctive-ife.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...omplaints.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...roken-ife.html

Usually you get a service recovery voucher/form on the spot if the FAs cannot get it to work and there is no alternative free seat.

The standard is 5000-1000 miles or 50-100€ dutyfree/worldshop. I wouldn't hold my breath for a free upgrade.

Regarding the bad response time: just post the feedback ID to the LH lurkers, they usually get tickets responded to quickly.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think expecting an upgrade for faulty IFE is a bit much. Annoying yes, but not worthy of that sort of compensation.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:31 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think expecting an upgrade for faulty IFE is a bit much. Annoying yes, but not worthy of that sort of compensation.
Seems to be the cheapest way for the airline to make a customer -- already booked in economy, so not loosing a potential business class buyer -- happy. Very happy.

HTB.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:36 am

Happened to me in F on Swiss, not LH. No IFE for a transatlantic flight. Purser handed out vouchers for 10.000 miles / 200 Sfr. to everybody in F. Not sure about the other classes.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: M&M
Inferior service on LH Biz Class - complaint?

Hi,

I travelled lately from YVR to MUC on LH A350 in business class. I booked that segment separately, just to try out the new A350.

To my surprise, while boarding, we were informed that the entertainment system was down - sadly, only in our seats (3H and 3K). We weren't offered anything apart from internet voucher (internet connection sucked btw). So instead of enjoying the new fancy screens and movies, we ended up sleeping the whole way back to Europe.

I am now wondering - do you believe there's a chance LH would reimburse me (or offer any sort of compensation in miles / $$$ / vouchers) for such inferior service? Are there any legal grounds to do so?
Needless to mention, I'm pretty angry, as I've spent 500USD more just to return via MUC and to be on A350...

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pawel
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Were there other seats available in the cabin, did you ask to move?

Legally they could've flown you in an A319 with no screens at all and you'd have no grounds for a refund, your contract is for transportation from YVR to MUC. Some airlines offer miles as compensation in such cases, I don't know with LH but have heard they're stingy. This should be in the LH forum, will alert a mod to move
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:09 pm

Unfortunately, the biz class was fully booked.

I flipped through their conduct of carriage and haven't found anything. I'm aware that the tickets are for the YVR-MUC transportation, however all of the perks from biz class should (in my personal view) be also included in there and the entertainment system is one of them...

Thank you for alerting the mod and sorry for wrong location, still a newbie here...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
While we wait for the thread to be moved the following thread in the LH forum (and links mentioned in post 33) might help.

Compensation for broken IFE?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:15 am

Wow, really helpful - thanks!

Seems my chances are pretty low (especially as FTL only), but will nevertheless give it a try and submit a complaint. Will you keep all updated with the outcome.
foreigncontent likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:34 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'll move this to our LH forum.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by chmielko
Wow, really helpful - thanks!

Seems my chances are pretty low (especially as FTL only), but will nevertheless give it a try and submit a complaint. Will you keep all updated with the outcome.
You should definitely complain & the Purser should have already done that for you, via their tablet.

Expect somewhere between 5 to 10 k miles each for no IFE the entire flight.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Miles are also my experience: Got 10000 award miles when my IFE did not work properly on LAX-MUC earlier this year. Was traveling in F though.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Miles are also my experience: Got 10000 award miles when my IFE did not work properly on LAX-MUC earlier this year. Was traveling in F though.
I got 18,000 on the same route and class lol

BUT the Purser gave them to me on board using old fashioned paper vouchers which credited automatically about 6 weeks later. She said that was the maximum she was allowed to give on one flight. I’m sure if I’d gone to the online feedback form I would have just got 10,000. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.