FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Seven in one Swope (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/534085-seven-one-swope.html)

talenti Mar 7, 2006 10:45 am

Seven in one Swope

Hi everybody,

perhaps only the German native speakers will know "Grimm's Märchen Sieben auf einen Streich"...

Had an experience today which reminded me of the fairy tale: On the flight DUS - MUC today there were seven Hons which became obvious when we all entered the limo bus for the transfer to the terminal.

At least for me this was the flight with the highest number of Hons among the pax!

Astonished me really....

Talenti

FtlAOI Mar 7, 2006 11:19 am

Originally Posted by talenti
Hi everybody,

perhaps only the German native speakers will know "Grimm's Märchen Sieben auf einen Streich"...

Had an experience today which reminded me of the fairy tale: On the flight DUS - MUC today there were seven Hons which became obvious when we all entered the limo bus for the transfer to the terminal.

At least for me this was the flight with the highest number of Hons among the pax!

Astonished me really....

Talenti

Really amazing... That must have been an earth shattering experience!
But I also have to add that on my last flight from MUC to JFK there were also 5 HONs onboard!

SleepOverGreenland Mar 7, 2006 11:41 am

Originally Posted by FtlAOI
But I also have to add that on my last flight from MUC to JFK there were also 5 HONs onboard!

LH definitely needs to introduce HON+ shortly ...
:D :D :D

talenti Mar 7, 2006 11:43 am

Not earth shattering at all!!!

But really wouldn't have expected that on a flight inside Germany which left DUS in the afternoon...

flysurfer Mar 7, 2006 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

Yeah. Incidents like this clearly demonstrate how diluted that status already is. I hope everybody asked for compensation? :D

FtlAOI Mar 7, 2006 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland

So the requirements at the moment are 600k in two calendar years!
But what would HON+ require?
1.000.000 miles in one year (calendar year of course)? :confused:

flysurfer Mar 7, 2006 12:24 pm

So the requirements at the moment are 600k in two calendar years!
But what would HON+ require?
1.000.000 miles in one year (calendar year of course)? :confused:

Regarding Super-HON, I'd opt for 1 Mio. BIS miles in the month of February (1.1 Mio. in leap years). However, only miles accrued in full-fare F on LH metal in seats 83A or 2A should count for status. Also, flights serving cold nuts won't be eligible for mileage accrual. Last but not least, pax who are organized enough to book and travel a minimum of 6 transatlantic Z fares ex Germany (60 days advance booking) per calendar year will be presented with honorary lifetime Super-HON status. They'll also gain access to an exclusive, ultra-cheap Z fare (ZSHOT).

FtlAOI Mar 7, 2006 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Regarding Super-HON, I'd opt for 1 Mio. BIS miles in the month of February (1.1 Mio. in leap years). However, only miles accrued in full-fare F on LH metal in seats 83A or 2A should count for status. Also, flights serving cold nuts won't be eligible for mileage accrual. Last but not least, pax who are organized enough to book and travel a minimum of 6 transatlantic Z fares ex Germany (60 days advance booking) per calendar year will be presented with honorary lifetime Super-HON status. They'll also gain access to an exclusive, ultra-cheap Z fare (ZSHOT).

Why don't I think that you are exaggerating a little bit? It's probably because of LH's M&M policy and the steadily changing terms and conditions for everything!

But what about the service for the HON+ members? I mean the service standard is already pretty high, i.e. it is getting difficult for LH still to improve the service... Probably they will imitate Emirates and there is also a car service which is picking you up in the city and bringing you to the airport!
And....

flysurfer Mar 7, 2006 12:41 pm

Why don't I think that you are exaggerating a little bit?

I don't know.

FtlAOI Mar 7, 2006 12:43 pm

I don't know.

Me neither! But I think it's because of LH!

CubaLibre Mar 7, 2006 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by talenti
Not earth shattering at all!!!

But really wouldn't have expected that on a flight inside Germany which left DUS in the afternoon...

well seams that HONs have the power to delegate... and then to take the afternoon flights... :cool:

flysurfer Mar 7, 2006 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by CubaLibre
well seams that HONs have the power to delegate... and then to take the afternoon flights... :cool:

I wouldn't envy them, as it still means they had to work during the morning. Poor souls.

You may envy me, anytime.

curt Mar 7, 2006 2:41 pm

You may envy me, anytime.

Envy... ;) :p

flysurfer Mar 7, 2006 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by curt
Envy... ;) :p

Ahh... that feels good... Once again, please? :cool:

Rambuster Mar 7, 2006 2:56 pm

HON+ will have to take a minimum of two flights per week in LH Private Jets.

HON++ will simply buy all LH shares and abolish the FFP thus cancelling all benefits, especially for NUT related pax. :)