Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:43 pm

I’m about to board LH453 and was hoping for some advice.

We arrive to the L gates and my flight to Dublin should depart from the H gates. I believe I read that even if the DUB flight is departing from a remote gate, I will not get a car to the plane from the FCL in the satellite terminal. Is that correct?

Which lounge would you visit with a connection just over 2 hours?

I’m having some back issues right now and can manage a short walk with my carryon but will struggle with a longer walk (10+ minutes).

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hedur
I’m about to board LH453 and was hoping for some advice.

We arrive to the L gates and my flight to Dublin should depart from the H gates. I believe I read that even if the DUB flight is departing from a remote gate, I will not get a car to the plane from the FCL in the satellite terminal. Is that correct?

Which lounge would you visit with a connection just over 2 hours?

I’m having some back issues right now and can manage a short walk with my carryon but will struggle with a longer walk (10+ minutes).

Thanks in advance!
If the flight to DUB departs from an outside position either F lounge will drive you to the aircraft.

If you do have mobility issues I would go to the lounge nearest your arrival gate, it’s First Class, sure they will do what they can to assist.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:00 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey there

I will be arriving in F to FRA from HKG and then connect to MUC and onwards to ARN.
Since the FRA-MUC flights usually don't arrive on an apron position I guess I won't get a car to the FCL and have to walk. Since I have two hours I was thinking of maybe checking out both, but if I don't have enough time I'd limit myself to lunch in the satelite FCL since it is said to be nicer. If my flight would leave from the other Dock than the FCL I am in, would I need to walk to my flight taking the train or would I be driven to my MUC-ARN flight? Any other things I should note or do?
Old May 27, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hey there

I will be arriving in F to FRA from HKG and then connect to MUC and onwards to ARN.
Since the FRA-MUC flights usually don't arrive on an apron position I guess I won't get a car to the FCL and have to walk. Since I have two hours I was thinking of maybe checking out both, but if I don't have enough time I'd limit myself to lunch in the satelite FCL since it is said to be nicer. If my flight would leave from the other Dock than the FCL I am in, would I need to walk to my flight taking the train or would I be driven to my MUC-ARN flight? Any other things I should note or do?
If your flight departs from a gate position, you will have to walk there. If it leaves from the main terminal, this includes a 90 second train ride on a train that runs every 2-4 minutes; it is very quick and painless.

I would spend as much time as possible at the satellite lounge, which has the same amenities as the other one, plus views and an outdoor terrace. Enjoy!
Old May 27, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey there

FRA-MUC flights always arrive at Main terminal, often close to FCL main, depends where your ARN flight departs from, Satellite lounge is way better but this could mean train to Satellite & back, whilst the train is quick it will eat into your 2 hours, it’s train & walking unless you get an outside position to ARN & those are rare at MUC.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great Menu in the lounge from a very distinguished Chef, until 12 th June

The Lobster was sensational ^
MichielR, worldclubber and Vixit like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Great Menu in the lounge from a very distinguished Chef, until 12 th June

The Lobster was sensational ^
I am impressed. Have been to his restaurant and he really knows what he is doing. But why only until June 12.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I am impressed. Have been to his restaurant and he really knows what he is doing. But why only until June 12.
They are trying a new concept of guest Chef for a Month, he was there for the launch first 2 days & will be back on closing day, it’s a nice idea ^
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:51 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Oh that's a great new idea! I hope the concept survives until September and doesn't get enhanced away. I don't suppose we already know which chef will be there months in advance?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh that's a great new idea! I hope the concept survives until September and doesn't get enhanced away. I don't suppose we already know which chef will be there months in advance?
It is & the current food is really excellent ^ Very happy to be going back next week !

The Staff I was speaking with were not sure who the next Chef would be but they were quite excited & it’s been well received
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by chris63
They are trying a new concept of guest Chef for a Month, he was there for the launch first 2 days & will be back on closing day, it’s a nice idea ^
Thats a really nice idea and I hope it lasts.

MUC FCL rules!
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thats a really nice idea and I hope it lasts.

MUC FCL rules!
Absolutely, with food like that & the Widow Louise.... Heaven can wait
MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

probably because I will be there on the 13th
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
probably because I will be there on the 13th
Sorry to hear that.

But it also means the new chef should be there, if the next period starts right after the 12th.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Sorry to hear that.

But it also means the new chef should be there, if the next period starts right after the 12th.
Today’s newsletter say that the current chef menu will run until the 15th. ^
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.