Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

During the last hour or so, quite a number of diversions to NUE. Have rarely seen so many planes there. Enjoy the Louise and safe travels despite the snow.
Cheers !

Flight cancelled & im rebooked to tonight’s flight, have to go for the Special Menu for Dinner again .... after a nap in the day room

Short connection of 1 hour turned into 7 hrs.

My heart goes out to the poor folks stuck at the gate !
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Flight cancelled & im rebooked to tonight’s flight, have to go for the Special Menu for Dinner again .... after a nap in the day room
Since you mentioned the special menu twice: what’s on it?
mmff likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you mentioned the special menu twice: what’s on it?
Ginger Lime Soup, with Champagne

Beef Sirloin with Onions & Cheese Spaetzle , green beans wrapped in bacon.

Creme Brűlée from the Kitchen

I would have uploaded a photo .... but.... that function in not .... functioning for days...

worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:55 am

Ginger Lime Soup, with Champagne

Beef Sirloin with Onions & Cheese Spaetzle , green beans wrapped in bacon.

Creme Brűlée from the Kitchen

I would have uploaded a photo .... but.... that function in not .... functioning for days...
Not the worst day to get stuck there, I guess.

I have a feeling the the specials at MUC are better than at FRA. Had a nice leg of lamb Easter special last year. Enjoy!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not the worst day to get stuck there, I guess.

I have a feeling the the specials at MUC are better than at FRA. Had a nice leg of lamb Easter special last year. Enjoy!
No, and fortunately my meetings are not until tomorrow

I have had some great Special meals in FRA FCT/FCL’s too but this one would be hard to beat in any restaurant, I already passed on my congratulations to the Chef
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:56 pm

Question can business class passengers go to FCL and get through passport control. Any advice for 40 minute connection coming from L gate to K gate?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Question can business class passengers go to FCL and get through passport control. Any advice for 40 minute connection coming from L gate to K gate?
FCL stands for First Class Lounge. It can be used by F and HON PAX only. If you're travelling in J you can use the business lounges. This said, if you have a 40-min connection you will probably not have time to visit any lounge, despite MUC's efficiency.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Please do not cross-post.
mmff likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
As last time arriving with 80 min Delay at the Satellite in MUC, there was no Time to explore the FC Lounge there, i had to rush to get my next flight at the Main Terminal.
This Time, it looks like an arrival at the Satellite with LX, arriving from ZRH (arriving there in First Class, the same day) transfering to LHR, the LH Flight leaving from H Gates.
As I have already read here, there are no limo transfers between the to FC-Lounges, so what are my options?

1. Go to FCL at the satellite, doing there the passport Control in the Lounge, change to the Non Schengen L? Part and then take the train to Main Terminal, depending time, visit the other lounge and then go to the deparure gate.
if this is unpractiable,(are there train compartments Schengen and Non Schengen?)
2. Take Train from Satellite to Main Terminal,Schengen Part, go to FCL and do immigration there

What are the experts opinion?
How much time should I have to do Version 1? (Would like to visit both FCL)

many thanks,
ettrich
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ettrich
As last time arriving with 80 min Delay at the Satellite in MUC, there was no Time to explore the FC Lounge there, i had to rush to get my next flight at the Main Terminal.
This Time, it looks like an arrival at the Satellite with LX, arriving from ZRH (arriving there in First Class, the same day) transfering to LHR, the LH Flight leaving from H Gates.
As I have already read here, there are no limo transfers between the to FC-Lounges, so what are my options?

1. Go to FCL at the satellite, doing there the passport Control in the Lounge, change to the Non Schengen L? Part and then take the train to Main Terminal, depending time, visit the other lounge and then go to the deparure gate.
if this is unpractiable,(are there train compartments Schengen and Non Schengen?)
2. Take Train from Satellite to Main Terminal,Schengen Part, go to FCL and do immigration there

many thanks,
ettrich
Passport control is handled in both FCL’s, the train is compartmentalised between Schengen & non Schengen, quick & easy to get between lounges, 15 minutes tops ^
Enjoy !
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:45 pm

many thanks,
ettrich
Lots of questions, I will try to answer some: no passport check needed on arrival from Switzerland (Schengen, odd I know, as Switzerland ist not part of the EU ...).

Just go to the lounge in the satellite and enjoy. Then go to the gate if your flight leaves from the satellite or take the train if it departs from the main terminal. The lounge in the old terminal is not a must-see, as services are the same as in the satellite, minus the view and space. Enjoy!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

many thanks,
ettrich
There is only one FCL each in the main terminal and the satellite with entrances on the Schengen and non-Schengen floors. There are no separate Schengen and non-Schengen “parts” of the FCL, just separate entrances/exits.

If your flight from ZRH arrives at a K gate go to the FCL (entrance near gate K11), enjoy the lounge and leave the lounge on the non-Schengen level (L) after passport check. The shuttle between the satellite and the main terminal has three compartments (Schengen, unclean non-Schengen and clean non-Schengen) and you will be in the last section so there is no need for security check on arrival in the main terminal. If there is time you can visit the FCL (entrance/exit near gate H21).

Both FCLs have the same furniture and same food but as others have said the FCL in the Satellite is much nicer. If you want to visit both I’d leave the T2S FCL 40 mins before departure of the LHR flight plus the time you want to spend in the T2 FCL.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Satellite lounge view 2nd January
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s very Snowy outside Satellite lounge again
worldclubber, mmff and vantage03 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:19 am

It’s very Snowy outside Satellite lounge again
I see you're working on your photography skills. Last time the glass did not make it to the picture...
vulle and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.