Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by sentom
well since he is located in manhattan beach, NY i would agree with TFM here. i guess he is flying something like JFK-FRA/MUC-JFK...
Well I didn't check his details before, but maybe you and flysurfer are right. Using ex MUC then sounds somewhat strange, but we are just guessing...

BTW, now after I looked on FlyMans location I recognized, he is from Manhattan Beach, CA. So he may not use JFK as ex airport (aka outbound flight).
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Well I didn't check his details before, but maybe you and flysurfer are right. Using ex MUC then sounds somewhat strange, but we are just guessing...

BTW, now after I looked on FlyMans location I recognized, he is from Manhattan Beach, CA. So he may not use JFK as ex airport (aka outbound flight).
hahaha... got me there! i've seen the CA on his profile many times before, but manhatten is just too much connected to NY for me...

i guess it will be LAX or SFO then!
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
The new OMNI game. You tell me the state you are living in and two random airports you are passing on your itinerary and FT members tell you, where you go to / come from and if it is possible to sit in 83A
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Arriving in MUC in F and departing in C to LHR. Almost 4 hour layover in late Aug.

Is it possible to use the FCT (besides the FCL)? And get the car drop-off to the LHR bound aircraft from the FCT?

Also, do I need to clear immigration and come down from non-schengen H to schengen G in order to access the FCT, like I currently do for the FCL?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Arriving in MUC in F and departing in C to LHR. Almost 4 hour layover in late Aug.

Is it possible to use the FCT (besides the FCL)? And get the car drop-off to the LHR bound aircraft from the FCT?

Also, do I need to clear immigration and come down from non-schengen H to schengen G in order to access the FCT, like I currently do for the FCL?

Thanks!
hi AJ, i think you are mixing something up here. no FCT in MUC! there will be a new lounge (H and G connected inside) though, thats all... much better then the interim one now but still no car to plane as far as i know...
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:23 am

hi AJ, i think you are mixing something up here. no FCT in MUC! there will be a new lounge (H and G connected inside) though, thats all... much better then the interim one now but still no car to plane as far as i know...
Hmmmm. So this new lounge complex at MUC, doesn't it have a private check-in entrance and private security queue etc for ex MUC pax? And I'm quite sure I read in this thread that it'll have its own passport control too! Thus, I just assumed it all sounded rather similar to the FCT at FRA!

So are there no car transfers from the new lounge to aircraft?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:52 am

Hmmmm. So this new lounge complex at MUC, doesn't it have a private check-in entrance and private security queue etc for ex MUC pax? And I'm quite sure I read in this thread that it'll have its own passport control too! Thus, I just assumed it all sounded rather similar to the FCT at FRA!

So are there no car transfers from the new lounge to aircraft?
private check in, passport control and security yes but no seperate building!
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:19 pm

Thanks!

and no cars to the aircraft?

Also, will there be there direct access from the non-schengen H gates?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: black is magic
Private checkin will be new or is the current one considered "private"?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas_B
Private checkin will be new or is the current one considered "private"?
i think i remember SenAOI was posting something about a new F/HON check in, with straight access to the lounge. cant find the post now though...
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Thanks!

and no cars to the aircraft?

Also, will there be there direct access from the non-schengen H gates?
Currently they offers cars to bus gate flights, which is nice for Schengen intra-Europe flights. Imagine that they will continue with this. Downside is that you can't bypass the extra US security like in FRA with the FCT.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:38 pm

hahaha... got me there! i've seen the CA on his profile many times before, but manhatten is just too much connected to NY for me...

i guess it will be LAX or SFO then!
Actually my LH itin is JFK-FRA and MUC-LAX, so your guess was somehow close.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:07 am

Programs: black is magic
Lufthansa First Class Lounge now also at Munich

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html...08/711/HOM&s=0

Pictures should be available soon at:
http://konzern.lufthansa.com/cgi-bin...D&qval=Aktuell
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: BA
Wow! Jacuzzis!!

Can't wait till I try it all on mid-September!!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very civilised. I'm assuming that if your flight is from a normal gate you make your way their under your own power, rather than being collected by a PA and walked there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.