Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I don't suppose all of Munich airport is supplied by one hot water pipe... But then again, looking at BER, nothing would surprise me anymore, although I've always had the impression MUC actually had its senses together.
Who would suppose that, except for the genius of a Plumber who designed it..... but I’m reliably informed it’s off in the entire airport & in the FCL’s they say it’s a challenge in the Kitchen..... the dishwashers are still working & they are busy boiling the rest they need

I hope they’re using a different Plumber at BER
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:50 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63

Who would suppose that, except for the genius of a Plumber who designed it..... but I’m reliably informed it’s off in the entire airport & in the FCL’s they say it’s a challenge in the Kitchen..... the dishwashers are still working & they are busy boiling the rest they need

Huh. That is actually surprising. I really wonder what the reason for that is.
My educated guess would be that Munich creates their own warm Water with some central Boiler station of some sorts and I guess this one is currently being worked on and hence unperational?
Want to bet?
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh. That is actually surprising. I really wonder what the reason for that is.
I can honestly say I’m past caring now, since the Pommery Louise is still flowing
MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I can honestly say I’m past caring now, since the Pommery Louise is still flowing
Hopefully at the cool temperature of around 10 degrees
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:15 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
German? More like Roman...
What have the Romans ever done for us?
Nick Art likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cas_de
Didn’t they invent the baths ? Oh, wait , you need hot water for that ......
Unterwegs and Nick Art like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully at the cool temperature of around 10 degrees
Oh, yes ! Fridge must be working just fine, priorities in the right order ^
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cas_de
Romanes eunt domus!
chris63 and cas_de like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

Oh, yes ! Fridge must be working just fine, priorities in the right order ^
Yes, who needs a shower when Louise is the alternative!
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

You are assuming that BER will have hot water?
chris63 and Nick Art like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
You are assuming that BER will have hot water?
I would not dare suggest otherwise

Well, at least not whilst I’m on German territory
MichielR likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by MichielR
Yes, who needs a shower when Louise is the alternative!
^ My first thought, too.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Yes, it is the entire airport. Now hot showers at the SEN lounge earlier this week and a colleague just reported that the public hot showers were also out of order yesterday. Have been told that the reason has been identified and needs a few days to be dealt with. It is not an issue with the plumbing as such.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Wheelchair assist transfer between the two F lounges at Munich ?

We had our first experience at Munich about a week ago, traveling in LH F (outbound; no F service inbound on short leg).

What IS it with LH and wheelchair assistance? Nothing has yet been as bad as our first experience at FRA a year ago, where about 10 of us were just ... left... without even enough seats... at the VERY far end of some walkway. But I've described that elsewhere.

This time, at least we were let off the plane where there was a "real" airport area (meaning, people, services, SEATING) as soon as one exited the jetway. I can walk that far. But I cannot transit big airports without a wheelchair (or cart). So as I limped along slowly, DH scooted ahead and flagged down a "guy with electric cart". Said Guy insisted there would be a wheelchair waiting. Must have been "lost in translation", as it was obvious we were already off the plane, had waited, and ... no one to help in any way.
We talked him into taking us to FCL, which was okay when he realized that wasn't all that far (we had no idea where it was).

So we were taken there, and presented our passes and info about next flight out, etc.

But we did NOT realize that there was a "nicer" FCL at the satellite, which was where our flight would be departing from, anyway.
So for next time... can one request to be taken to the "other" FCL, especially if that is where the departing flight will be?

As for "help"... what a mess at the main FLC!
It ended up, as we noted the time ticking away for our flight to depart, and quite a few others had been helped with wheelchairs to different flights... and there we were... with 3 (THREE, count 'sm) desk assistants at the entry area, and 3 (THREE, count 'em) "assistants", two for wheelchairs and one with a cart, and ALL 6 (SIX, count 'em!) bickering away about "who" should be helping us to the departing flight at the other terminal...!

This went on and on and on. (The Passport Guy was looking out his little window, with various bemused glances...)
One wheelchair person apparently was "sick", so couldn't take us. (Okay, we get that, and we don't want to be "exposed" to whatever, but WHY was she still there the entire time, arguing amongst the others?)

Finally, "Cart Guy" won, when it was decided that there was no longer enough time for the wheelchair.
And then we took the most amazing maze route...one that ended with all sorts of locked doors, locked elevators and empty corridors (I would NOT have been a happy camper had I been alone!).

By the time we got to our flight, there were just a few stragglers boarding, and as soon as we boarded, the F/J jetway was moved back.

We must have spent 45 minutes with the bickering at the main FCL, while these people spoke a language we could not understand (fair enough, we are in *their* country), but whenever we asked a question, they all jumped to outspeak each other in English...

We have come to LOVE the in-flight LH F experience, truly.
(Okay, CX F was a bit nicer, bigger beds (!), but more isolated for a couple, with the separate pod/suites.)

We didn't have that long of a connection in Munich, but if we ever have one with quite a few hours (as we do in FRA), we'd rather be at the satellite FCL so we can see the airport/planes/etc. Now that we know of that other FLC, can we ask to be helped to get *there*?

But meanwhile, all we hear from LH about the assistance "problems" are variations of "We outsource that help, so it's not our problem...!"
???

Sorry, end mini-rant.
But we really thought we'd miss that last flight, and at the end, before we finally left the FCL, the lounge attendants were also glancing at the time, frequently...

Is there some magic code word we need to use?

Thanks!

GC
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Magic code for LH group flights is HON

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.