Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Will I get access to MUC F lounge if I fly MOW-MUC-FRA-BKK (F on last leg) on the same day? I am afraid this might be impossible due to security areas arrangement...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Keter
Will I get access to MUC F lounge if I fly MOW-MUC-FRA-BKK (F on last leg) on the same day? I am afraid this might be impossible due to security areas arrangement...
Yes, assuming your FRA-BKK is on LH not TG, you just present your F BP for the segment departing FRA. No issues with security or passport control, stay within the Schengen part of MUC.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by MichielR

Yes, assuming your FRA-BKK is on LH not TG, you just present your F BP for the segment departing FRA. No issues with security or passport control, stay within the Schengen part of MUC.
Yes, flying LH FRA-BKK later on. MOW is not Shenghen so I believe I shall stay within non-Schenghen zone, however, this is exactly the issue I raised - some arriving destinations may have mandatory security which may only lead to Schenghen zone as my next flight is to FRA (I am a very rare visitor to MUC airport so have no knowledge).
Here I assumed that the F lounge is not in Schenghen zone.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Keter
Yes, flying LH FRA-BKK later on. MOW is not Shenghen so I believe I shall stay within non-Schenghen zone, however, this is exactly the issue I raised - some arriving destinations may have mandatory security which may only lead to Schenghen zone as my next flight is to FRA (I am a very rare visitor to MUC airport so have no knowledge).
Here I assumed that the F lounge is not in Schenghen zone.
Both F lounges in MUC have access from Schengen and from non-Schengen with passport control in the lounge. You can enter the lounge from non-Schengen and leave it to Schengen therefore.

Arriving from non-Schengen, you will have to go through transfer security and passport control, but as said you can do passport control in the lounge.

Best to choose the F lounge closest to where your FRA flight will depart, main building or satellite.
Keter likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:07 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by MichielR
Best to choose the F lounge closest to where your FRA flight will depart, main building or satellite.
AFAIK MUC-FRA always departs from T2 (G-Gates) and not from the T2S (K-Gates).
Keter likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
No transfers between FCL’s in MUC , F pax & HON have to take the bus between Main at Satellite during the Train debacle 👎
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:39 pm

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but what's the difference between the two FCLs (main building and satellite)? I'm planning to book ZRH-MUC-MEX with the latter in F in order to visit Swiss FCL E, Swiss FCL A, and MUC Satellite FCL.

If ZRH-MUC is in LX J, will I receive a car transfer upon arrival? If so, which lounge will I be brought to, the main building or the satellite?

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:17 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by flyer05
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but what's the difference between the two FCLs (main building and satellite)? I'm planning to book ZRH-MUC-MEX with the latter in F in order to visit Swiss FCL E, Swiss FCL A, and MUC Satellite FCL.

If ZRH-MUC is in LX J, will I receive a car transfer upon arrival? If so, which lounge will I be brought to, the main building or the satellite?

Thanks
You will only receive a car transfer at MUC if your flight ZRH-MUC has an apron position. The only guaranteed way to get an apron position is if you book a flight operated by CRJs (or similar equipment).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer05
, but what's the difference between the two FCLs (main building and satellite)? I'm planning to book ZRH-MUC-MEX with the latter in F in order to visit Swiss FCL E, Swiss FCL A, and MUC Satellite FCL.

If ZRH-MUC is in LX J, will I receive a car transfer upon arrival?

Thanks
Satellite FCL is much larger, has great views & an outside terrace. It’s quite easy to get between both using the train.

Very unlikely you would get a car on arrival on a LX operated flight as it’s almost certainly going to arrive at a jet bridge.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I'm arriving from CDG and then flying onwards to BOS in F. Any ideas as to how easy of a connection this is (my sense is very), given that I'd love to visit the FCL for a bit?

I have a 2:10 connection, though if this isn't enough time then I can always take an earlier flight. Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by callmedtop
I'm arriving from CDG and then flying onwards to BOS in F. Any ideas as to how easy of a connection this is (my sense is very), given that I'd love to visit the FCL for a bit?
I have a 2:10 connection, though if this isn't enough time then I can always take an earlier flight. Thanks!
Easy connection. 2:10 is plenty of time.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by callmedtop

With 2:10 at MUC you could probably visit both FCLs if you wanted to.

Entirely different story at FRA...
callmedtop likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

With 2:10 at MUC you could probably visit both FCLs if you wanted to.

Entirely different story at FRA...
Yes, MUC is so easy 👍 and with the train speeded up now it really is quick to hop between Main & Satellite
JohnRain and callmedtop like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Snowmaggedon at MUC today ❄️
To be expected in Mid Winter, Pommery Louise on free flow & the Special Menu is fab, there are worse places to be stuck
JohnRain and RoyalSwazi like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
Snowmaggedon at MUC today ❄️
To be expected in Mid Winter, Pommery Louise on free flow & the Special Menu is fab, there are worse places to be stuck
During the last hour or so, quite a number of diversions to NUE. Have rarely seen so many planes there. Enjoy the Louise and safe travels despite the snow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.