Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MUC FCL still able to use on arrival?

Hello!

For years I have used the MUC FCL as an arrivals lounge (no onward ticket but wanted to shower immediately after the long-haul flight).

I was just reading the LH website here, and I noticed this:

Free of charge: stay in our lounges

After your flight, enjoy a free stay in our lounges where you can freshen up or prepare for the day’s business. First Class passengers and HON Circle Members or Senators are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business and Senator Lounges when arriving on Lufthansa, Star Alliance or code-share partner flights.

In addition, First Class passengers and HON Circle Members arriving on any Lufthansa flight and Business Class passengers, Senators or Frequent Travellers arriving on a Lufthansa long-haul flight may use the Welcome Lounge at Frankfurt Airport.

Please note that it is not possible to visit a Lufthansa Lounge after arriving at a number of Lufthansa destinations because of official regulations or the layout of the airport buildings.

Does this mean LH is no longer allowing arriving First Class passengers into the FCL?

TIA.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Does this mean LH is no longer allowing arriving First Class passengers into the FCL?
TIA.
I would take much of what you read on LH.com with a heathy grain of salt. It also claims that you can't use the FCT for connections. LOL.
No one is going to deny any arriving F pax same day access to any FCL.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Axelborg
Im planning my first ever trip in F which should take me OSL-FRA-LAX-SAN. From OSL to FRA i can go for direct flight landing at 8.05 and gives me plenty of time in FCL/FCT until 14.00. I could also take OSL-FRA with a stopover in MUC. That gives me 1.15 in FCL MUC and two hours in FRA.

Im not quite sure which idea is the best? Going via MUC gives me a litle more M&M i guess and i could get a chance to see the FCL there and hopefully get an extra pickup by car if nongate parking (despite i only travel in J from OSL?)

Is MUC FCL worth the travel compared to extra hours in the lounges in FRA? On my returnflight from SAN i would go to SFO and then FRA again where i will have 6 hours or more to visit the FCL/FCT. And thats also the reason why i have the MUC leg in my mind on the outbound flight.

Originally i planned OSL-MUC-SFO-SAN with SAN-SFO-FRA-OSL return. but that means going with A346 outbound. i guess F in that is okay but from what i can read in this thread FCL in MUC does not give the same kind of experience as FCL/FCT in FRA? Going to LAX from FRA would be with B747-8. In both cases the return from SFO to FRA is in A380
I would skip the whole MUC part of this. Enjoy FRA's FCL and FCT. First, I find the lounges in FRA better although MUC is very nice. Second, who needs the extra hassle and imagine if something goes IRROPS and screws up your trip??? Also, remember you're "paying" in discomfort for getting to MUC and then back to FRA in crappy "C" instead of more time in FRA FCT/FCL. That's a bad deal. Finally, LH A380 is the best in F.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC1
I would skip the whole MUC part of this. Enjoy FRA's FCL and FCT. First, I find the lounges in FRA better although MUC is very nice. Second, who needs the extra hassle and imagine if something goes IRROPS and screws up your trip??? Also, remember you're "paying" in discomfort for getting to MUC and then back to FRA in crappy "C" instead of more time in FRA FCT/FCL. That's a bad deal. Finally, LH A380 is the best in F.
Agree completely. Forget MUC and just stay with FRA.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
I would take much of what you read on LH.com with a heathy grain of salt. It also claims that you can't use the FCT for connections. LOL.
No one is going to deny any arriving F pax same day access to any FCL.
Agreed, but using FCT for connections is really only available by hiking along the road (as opposed to when it opened and they were shuttling people to the FCT).

I guess I just don't want an agent to cite a new rule.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Hello!

For years I have used the MUC FCL as an arrivals lounge (no onward ticket but wanted to shower immediately after the long-haul flight).
[...]Does this mean LH is no longer allowing arriving First Class passengers into the FCL?
The FCL is still available as arrival lounge. In late Feb there was a gentleman greeting arriving pax with a F/HON 'arrival services' sign in MUC: one standing at the central point in the 'I' level and one at the security check on H. I asked him what services are available, and he said he is there to facilitate arriving pax to get thru security to the H level so they can have a shower and/or breakfast in the FCL.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
I've never seen this on LH.com. What LH.com does say is the following:

"Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

As pointed out repeatedly in the FCT FAQ thread, connecting passengers are not arriving passengers.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The FCL is still available as arrival lounge. In late Feb there was a gentleman greeting arriving pax with a F/HON 'arrival services' sign in MUC: one standing at the central point in the 'I' level and one at the security check on H. I asked him what services are available, and he said he is there to facilitate arriving pax to get thru security to the H level so they can have a shower and/or breakfast in the FCL.
Good to know. ^

Perhaps when flights aren't arriving, that kind gentleman can dabble in some straightforward copywriting for the LH website.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Satellite New FCL is closed, has been since 8th May.
Shuttle service operates to & from old FCL.

Water pipes failed & flooded parts of restaurant/kitchen/bathroom areas.
It could be 'weeks' before it reopens as it needs to 'dry out'

Incredible for a new Premium building 👎
Old May 15, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Shuttle service operates to & from old FCL.

Water pipes failed & flooded parts of restaurant/kitchen/bathroom areas.
It could be 'weeks' before it reopens as it needs to 'dry out'

Incredible for a new Premium building 👎
That's terrible. I suspect that this will be an expensive incident for someone (insurer, contractor, LH???).
Old May 16, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by chris63
It is not closed (just the back part) - there is no catering though.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by primetime23
It is not closed (just the back part) - there is no catering though.
Closed were the lounge front office staff words.
Merely a waiting area now at the front while you wait for the shuttle to old FCL.
Who would want to use it anyhow with all the facilities out of action ?
the lounge is itself is not staffed
Old May 16, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Oh no, it is in the top 3 of my best-lounge-list and was was looking forward to enjoying it in a few days. Bummer.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
Are there sleeping rooms in the FCL? I'm trying to decide between a 45 minute layover and 6 hour layover and would probably prefer the 6 hour layover if there are sleeping rooms.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:08 pm

Yes there are a few sleeping rooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.