Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:41 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by HONter
Just received a letter from LH HON service last week stating that MUC FCL will open in (late???) July 2007. So looking forward to this experience.

Should be comparable to FRA FCLs with two extra bens:
- Limo transfers for apron positions
- Switching between Schengen and non-Schengen within the lounge

Regards,

HONter
Got a letter a well, but there has been written "late summer 2007". As I've been told in the FLC recently, the opening will take place in August 2007. Nobody knew, if there will be an housewarming party. Let's wait and see.
Salve Luigi
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by gnaget
Maybe a stupid question: are there any reclining/ rest chairs in the MUC F lounge? Even like those cool chairs in the FRA FCT. I am arriving from outside Schengen and have 2+ hours. So if I want to rest then the best thing to do is stay on the H level? There is no rest area in the busy G level SEN lounge.

Does this F lounge still have the extraordinary wines and champagnes as discussed in the 2005/6 part of this thread? Since I am continuing to ARN, which is always a bus gate, then I'll be certain to get the car, which is nice. Then it might be worth the visit vs. staying up in H........

Final question, is there any chance of being denied access at 11 amish on a Saturday because the lounge is too full?
1. The small F-lounge doesn't have chairs like the FRA facilities, but the new one will have. So you have to move to the upper SEN-lounge.
2. The wine and champagne selection is very nice. I personally like the Runiart but they offer a changing Top cuvée. On the other hand you can enjoy good red and white wins.
The food selection is small but always very tasteful.
3. Which lounge do you mean?
Salver Luigi
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by SenAOI
Got a letter a well, but there has been written "late summer 2007". As I've been told in the FLC recently, the opening will take place in August 2007. Nobody knew, if there will be an housewarming party. Let's wait and see.
Salve Luigi
Luigi,

are you referring to this little squared "First Class" leaflet? Have to double check when back home, but if I am not mistaken it said "July"... Maybe I am wrong, but will post again.

Greetings from ZRH right now,

HONter
Old Jul 4, 2007, 1:10 pm

Luigi,

are you referring to this little squared "First Class" leaflet? Have to double check when back home, but if I am not mistaken it said "July"... Maybe I am wrong, but will post again.

Greetings from ZRH right now,

HONter
The little white leaflet said late summer - LH staff from various locations / functions indicate August - and before anyone asks - 2007 in both cases

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:38 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by tcswede
The little white leaflet said late summer - LH staff from various locations / functions indicate August - and before anyone asks - 2007 in both cases

Cheers

Thomas
Ooops, you are right... Just looked it up by myself, and it still says "late summer"...

I guess I was puzzled by my wishful thinking

Regards,

HONter
Old Jul 5, 2007, 3:36 am

Ooops, you are right... Just looked it up by myself, and it still says "late summer"...

I guess I was puzzled by my wishful thinking

Regards,

HONter
Latest info I got from the Munich staff a few weeks ago was that the opening will be on August 6. Of course this is neither official nor confirmed.

Regards

Talenti
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by talenti
Latest info I got from the Munich staff a few weeks ago was that the opening will be on August 6. Of course this is neither official nor confirmed.

Regards

Talenti
Now it's offical: Today I received the invitation for the opening of the Munich First Class Lounge on August 6, 20:00.

Talenti
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:37 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Now it's offical: Today I received the invitation for the opening of the Munich First Class Lounge on August 6, 20:00.

Talenti
So we have a second HON event in August. One in HAM and one in MUC.
But what about the FRA based HONs?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:41 am

Talenti
Fantastic ^

And just in time too. I have a First Class flight from Montreal to Munich that departs Montreal on Aug 6th with a 3.5 hr layover for a connection to Barcelona.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
But what about the FRA based HONs?
They take their CHILDREN to the FCT.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by imverge
Fantastic ^
Yep, I'll arrive from LAX in early September and will definitely tour the new lounge before heading to the luggage belt.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
They take their CHILDREN to the FCT.
LOL, would not call this an equallly good HON event.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some folks can never get enough (sleep over Greenland)
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:59 am

No - definitely this is not really a Hon event, it's just an invitation as for the anniversary event of Lufthansa some time ago.

I can tell you, a real Hon event looks different. And having had the chance to participate once I would not mind to have this opportunity more often

Regards

Talenti
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
hmmm...looks like I may miss out on seeing the new lounge by only a few hours.

I have a 2.5 hour layover at MUC on August 6th between 12:30 and 3pm and I'll be carrying an international F BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.