FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/518060-munich-first-class-lounge-muc-fcl.html)

flysurfer Mar 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 7397826)
Well, I actually called the FTL hotline...

When I called the FTL number, I got once connected to LH Private Jet...

SMK77 Mar 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 7397839)
When I called the FTL number, I got once connected to LH Private Jet...

*mmh* strange... At least, the agent pointed out that it is a SEN privilege - maching my status right...

HONter Mar 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 7363376)
The lounge in MUC not being something special.... hmm - I guess we all have very different expectations. It is a tempory lounge for what it is worth - but IMHO a wide iprovement over most lounges available elsewhere. the bathroom situation is surely a pain - but the services offered in terms of F&B are surely a lot better than most places. Then again I do not go the lounge to expect a full multiple course dinner.

Cheers

Thomas

Fully agree with every bit of your statement... Nevertheless I once heard a funny nickname about this temporary area. Internally it is obviously called "HONdehütte" :D (like HONkennel - works better in german though)

HONter Mar 14, 2007 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by SenAOI (Post 7362902)
The entrance will be far left at the MUC Terminal 2-security checks just for F-pax or HONs. ....
Salve Luigi

Luigi, last time in MUC had no time to look, next time I would be interested to see the future entrance of MUC FCL on G-level. Can you tell me where to find it? At what gate number will it approx. be? And more over you mention security checks in the lounge. Does it mean one could bypass the regular security checks meaning enter the MUC FCL directly from outside? Where would that entrance be?

Regards,

HONter

SenAOI Mar 14, 2007 2:21 pm

The new lounge will be at about G 21. I don't know right now where the entrance will be. But as I've been told the security control will be inside the lounge like the FCT in FRA.
Salve Luigi

SMK77 Mar 14, 2007 10:22 pm

The HONdehuette is indeed a joke ("Sorry, we don't have a restroom but you can only enter when flying in F..." or "We limit access to this lounge to our best and most valued customers only - but today there is no seat available for you, sir...") and is thought to be the reason why some people prefer to leave Germany from FRA when they are in F...

Looking forward to a real lounge because I prefer Airbus over Boing and 2A/2K over 83A... Plus MUC staff is thought to be more friendly and attentive...

flysurfer Mar 15, 2007 12:53 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 7405408)
Looking forward to a real lounge because I prefer Airbus over Boing and 2A/2K over 83A... Plus MUC staff is thought to be more friendly and attentive...

Have to agree with all points made.

szg Mar 15, 2007 1:54 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 7397826)
Btw, the call center agent did ask whether I am fluent in English and able to help in an emergency. Procedure-wise this should be okay...

Same to me. I was never asked by a call center agent.

davethewave Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Is "end of August" still the best estimate as to the new F lounge debuting?

flysurfer Mar 23, 2007 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by davethewave (Post 7458674)
Is "end of August" still the best estimate as to the new F lounge debuting?

Yep.
We just aren't sure about the year.

szg Mar 24, 2007 3:30 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 7458980)
Yep.

And don´t forget the standard delay time !!

davethewave Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!

gnaget Jul 3, 2007 4:22 pm

Maybe a stupid question: are there any reclining/ rest chairs in the MUC F lounge? Even like those cool chairs in the FRA FCT. I am arriving from outside Schengen and have 2+ hours. So if I want to rest then the best thing to do is stay on the H level? There is no rest area in the busy G level SEN lounge.

Does this F lounge still have the extraordinary wines and champagnes as discussed in the 2005/6 part of this thread? Since I am continuing to ARN, which is always a bus gate, then I'll be certain to get the car, which is nice. Then it might be worth the visit vs. staying up in H........

Final question, is there any chance of being denied access at 11 amish on a Saturday because the lounge is too full?

HONter Jul 3, 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 7458980)
Yep.

Just received a letter from LH HON service last week stating that MUC FCL will open in (late???) July 2007. So looking forward to this experience.

Should be comparable to FRA FCLs with two extra bens:
- Limo transfers for apron positions
- Switching between Schengen and non-Schengen within the lounge

Regards,

HONter

oliver2002 Jul 3, 2007 5:23 pm

gnaget, there is a relaxation room with flat chairs in the FTL/C lounge in G (schengen) if you can't find anything in the F lounge. And don't forget the F arrival day room in the Kempinski on the airport (OK 2h is a bit short):
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1771224