Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Agree, made the same observations.
Pretty sad, I'd say.
There seem to be multiple reports about unfriendly service in FCT.
Oh well, here goes the last reason to transfer in FRA.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by GolfTravelr
2) Is there a smoking/cigar section in the MUC FCL? I would love to indulge in a stoggie prior to boarding my flight.
no, there is not. I asked about it and was directed to the business lounge, where there is a smoking area. You have to go out of the FCL to the G business lounge, have your smoke, and return to FCL.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:20 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
... I try to be always very polite and friendly and verbally appreciate their servivces. Some of them already know me from many visits, so I usually get, what I want still.
Agree. As (almost) all of us learned back in our first grade, (shiny) plastic can't buy you respect (altho there was no plastic back in my first grade ). Respecting the ones from whom you expect respect, can.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:30 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by andre1970
Agree. As (almost) all of us learned back in our first grade, (shiny) plastic can't buy you respect (altho there was no plastic back in my first grade ). Respecting the ones from whom you expect respect, can.
Yes. I shamed myself more than ones for the behaviour of other pax and asked myself, how bad one can go in life to act this way. It is not the majority in the FCT, but it happens once in a while. Like in the F cabin of an aircraft sometimes...

BTW, I've recognized less people in the FCT recently on all of my morning visits this year. Maybe the crowds are gone and it becomes more of a club atmosphere again. ^
Old Mar 8, 2007, 2:37 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
no, there is not. I asked about it and was directed to the business lounge, where there is a smoking area. You have to go out of the FCL to the G business lounge, have your smoke, and return to FCL.
Dude! His post is more than 14months old!
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:28 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by SenAOI
The entrance will be far left at the MUC Terminal 2-security checks just for F-pax or HONs. The lounge will spread across two floors (Schengen and non Schengen), will include all security- and passport- procudures like the FRA FCT.
I'm a bit confused. Right now (I think - I last checked in at MUC a year ago) there is a "regular F" special check-in area - accessible to F pax, HONs and SENs. That's not about to change - or is it?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Pretty sad, I'd say.
There seem to be multiple reports about unfriendly service in FCT.
Oh well, here goes the last reason to transfer in FRA.
Guess I can do a bit ofpost padding by chiming in a me too on the slippage of standards at the FCT.

I have found it already starts when arriving at the front door - long wait times before one is being dealt with and the same when one is inside "hoping" for service... Unfortunately more often than not.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 8, 2007, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by creber
...Whilst I must say that the FCT as well as the FCL in Terminal A both merit a special stop (the one in B close to the central area I like less, the other one in B never been to), the MUC one is nothing special....
The lounge in MUC not being something special.... hmm - I guess we all have very different expectations. It is a tempory lounge for what it is worth - but IMHO a wide iprovement over most lounges available elsewhere. the bathroom situation is surely a pain - but the services offered in terms of F&B are surely a lot better than most places. Then again I do not go the lounge to expect a full multiple course dinner.

Cheers

Thomas

Last edited by tcswede; Mar 8, 2007 at 3:48 am
Old Mar 8, 2007, 4:18 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
They will have a cigar section/lounge in the new MUC FCL. ^
Old Mar 8, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by andre1970
Dude! His post is more than 14months old!
Eeesh, must be the rainy/foggy weather outside, I feel really sleepy since the morning. My deepest apologies for the unplanned post padding.

At least, I hope you had some lough at my expense
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:02 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by tcswede
(...)I have found it already starts when arriving at the front door - long wait times before one is being dealt with and the same when one is inside "hoping" for service... Unfortunately more often than not.

Cheers

Thomas
In terms of PA it usually works very well for me. There is always a PA around working with a pax on this and that in the entrance area. So I just have them my black card (etix on it) and passport (if applicable) and mention my destination. They always take it as second or third job and I can step in. I think, most of them know me already, so it is always easy going. ^

Since this year they almost always work with both screening lines opened, so the maximum wait is one or two pax in front of one. Overall easy going and that is the PA service I need in the FCT, for the rest I can help myself.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:15 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
It's over, Luigi.
LH has just officially declared 2007 as "The Year of the Senator".
No kidding.
I see a lot of conflicts about our SEN, SEN-, SEN+, SEN++, weero, .... Status. How will they all satisfy us ?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by szg
I see a lot of conflicts about our SEN, SEN-, SEN+, SEN++, weero, .... Status. How will they all satisfy us ?
It seems that 2007 is indeed The Year of The Senator. I guess based on the definitions I might be a SEN- but when I called LH yesterday and made a reservation for an economy ticket (don't worry it was B for the purposes of less expensive upgrades), I got the SEN+ treatment. Quote: "I know that you want to upgrade this ticket but as this booking is not confirmed yet, I would like to reserve exit row seats for you. This is a special SEN privilege and I am happy to be able to offer you 30A for both flights."

What can I say? Thumbs up - Antinori couldn't have written a better sales script... Attention to details is what I am expecting from a premium airline. LH delivered.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SMK77
"I know that you want to upgrade this ticket but as this booking is not confirmed yet, I would like to reserve exit row seats for you. This is a special SEN privilege and I am happy to be able to offer you 30A for both flights."
This shamefully overmotivated agent should immediately be transferred to the HON hotline. SEN agents are supposed to say that exit row seats are only available at the airport. At least that's exactly what many (non-Kassel) agents will tell you.

Then again, you might have been the victim of a freak misconnect, so you actually spoke to a HON agent by accident.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Then again, you might have been the victim of a freak misconnect, so you actually spoke to a HON agent by accident.
Well, I actually called the FTL hotline... (Usually call the SEN desk in Tokyo and never changed the number for the German CC - in case anyone wonders) Very unlikely... And then those incidents should not happen to SEN-... unless the Wolf was looking for someone to become the opposite of a so called weero... :-)

On the other hand, my flight upgrade is still waitlisted on a pretty empty flight... Even preferred treatment has its boundaries...

Btw, the call center agent did ask whether I am fluent in English and able to help in an emergency. Procedure-wise this should be okay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.