SEN and SEN+

Old Apr 26, 07, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Originally Posted by szg View Post
It is a good theory, here is mine:

Because the "+" sign is next to the "ENTER" bar, they hit them undeliberate when pressing "ENTER" for finishing to enter the M&M number.
I like your theory !^
Old Apr 26, 07, 1:55 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
Paging 333 to defend the myth...
That is no myth.

Honestly, kidding aside for a second: When you look at the manifest sometimes you see besides some names "SEN+" - of course not on every flight, as there is not a SEN(+) on every flight. E.g. since approx. 7 months it always says SEN+ right next to Mr. Triple3.

I'm not sure what it means, though. I asked some FAs but they mostly told me different things. The favorites, being based upon the number of times they were brought up by the FAs, are:

1. Annual revenue with LH > € 100k. (Ridiculous IMHO.)

2. Higher elite level compared to LH SEN in any other *A FFP. (Might be, my SEN+ began to show around the time I was promoted to UGS)

3. "Preferred" SEN due to SEN status achieved by mainly flying F / C and not Y.

So at the end I've no idea what it means. But SEN+ is out there someplace...

Last edited by Triple3; Apr 26, 07 at 4:00 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 26, 07, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Triple3 View Post
That is no myth.

I asked some FAs but they mostly told me different things....
But not a terribly useful myth if noone knows what the + means.

Are you by any chance overweight ?
Old Apr 26, 07, 3:15 am
DTS

Programs: LH FTL, AS MVP, IHG Plat
special meal, extra baggage, SEN for more than XX years?

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
If there is a "real" advantage of beeing SEN+ every FA should know what it means, otherwise it's only "firlefanz".
Old Apr 26, 07, 3:28 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA

No, this is SEN150+ !!
Old Apr 26, 07, 3:54 am

Nice try. But I'm not - for sure .

I agree. But of course it's totally übercool not being mainstream SEN but SEN+.
Old Apr 26, 07, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by DTS View Post
special meal, extra baggage, SEN for more than XX years?
Nothing special with regards to me AFAIK. I haven't even been SEN for XX years - only for X years.

As said above: The only remarkable coincidence - if it is one - it the fact that Triple3 being SEN+ came up when I was promoted to UGS.

Originally Posted by DTS View Post
If there is a "real" advantage of beeing SEN+ every FA should know what it means, otherwise it's only "firlefanz".
It's most probably the latter, I mean, I'm still kicked in my behind or badly treated by some FAs, GAs, CIAs and especially LH's other "agents", seat blocking mostly works only when I booked under my MP account, no FCT access for me when flying Y, ...
Old Apr 26, 07, 4:54 am

Programs: LH FTL
Lufthansa calculates a lifetime customer equity value (CEV) for each M&M member based on past revenue (1/3) and future revenue (2/3). They rank each of the 10 million members based on their CEV, therefore each member has a rank between 1 and 10 million. Afterwards they put the members in 6 customer equity classes based on their customer equity rank.

My theory is:

If you are in a certain class (maybe the 2nd) you get your "+" behind SEN.

In theory, if they have to give out operational upgrades, the members with the the highest customer equity ranks should get it.
Old Apr 26, 07, 5:02 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by midway View Post
Lufthansa calculates a lifetime customer equity value (CEV) for each M&M member based on past revenue (1/3) and future revenue (2/3). They rank each of the 10 million members based on their CEV, therefore each member has a rank between 1 and 10 million. Afterwards they put the members in 6 customer equity classes based on their customer equity rank.
is this a confirmed fact?
Old Apr 26, 07, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk View Post
is this a confirmed fact?
No, itīs not. Itīs just my theory.
Old Apr 26, 07, 5:32 am

Lufthansa calculates a lifetime customer equity value (CEV) for each M&M member based on past revenue (1/3) and future revenue (2/3).
I'd love to see the tool with which LH predicts future revenue for a single given customer. Especially if that part makes up 2/3 of total equity value. This is like trying to predict the exact individual default time of a standard consumer / retail loan.

IMHO due to customer behavior that cannot be much more than a look into the crystal ball .. oops, excuse me, of course LH will call it like "Single integrity revenue prediction excellence system" being based upon "the most advanced statistical techniques available today, crafted by our best employees" and using "state of the art structural equation modelling techniques".

They rank each of the 10 million members based on their CEV, therefore each member has a rank between 1 and 10 million. Afterwards they put the members in 6 customer equity classes based on their customer equity rank.

My theory is:

If you are in a certain class (maybe the 2nd) you get your "+" behind SEN.
I somehow doubt it. I'm still way too young as that my past revenue with LH could ever put me into one of the upper classes you mentioned.
Old Apr 26, 07, 5:46 am

I somehow doubt it. I'm still way too young as that my past revenue with LH could ever put me into one of the upper classes you mentioned.
Thatīs the point. Youīre so young that your future revenue will put you in the upper class.
Old Apr 26, 07, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I'd love to see the tool with which LH predicts future revenue for a single given customer.
It becomes even weirder if you consider that the data would be based merely on flights that were credited to a M&M account. All flights credited to other *A programs would not count. Obviously, due to the 2-year M&M requalification structure, many FFs credit their flights to another *A program during "leap years". That should drive any "prediction software" crazy.
Old Apr 26, 07, 6:04 am

I am pretty sure that LH has different client segments and that SENs are also ranked by their current revenue (and as any companies now focus on customer lifetime value they might also calculate that). Even within the SEN status you have different clusters (those who get invited to special events and those who don't).

I cannot imagine that a SEN who earned his status on flying cheap longhaul Economy mostly on other * carriers is internally treated the same way (event invitation, targeted promotions) as someone who flies heavily on paid C class (not D or Z).

But I totally agree that calculating the customer lifetime value is difficult in the airline industry. If someone is assigned to a project and has to travel TXL-FRA-NCE in C every week for 18 month he might not do this for the rest of his life as the project ends or he finds another job where he does not need to travel that much.

Whatever SEN+ stands for, if the FAs do not know it it cannot be that important
Old Apr 26, 07, 6:06 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
A SEN+ is a pax of or in excess of 150kgs or 333 pounds.
Originally Posted by bau31888 View Post
Well, I see this thread being closed for being off-topic... ...
How can a thread be off topic. A post yes, but a thread??? Ain't that an oxymoron?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: