SEN and SEN+

Old Apr 30, 07, 3:13 pm
  #211  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,500
Originally Posted by roundtheworld View Post
OHHHH Yes ............at least it happens to me ... and on time I was on a flight where MP Beck was in C (with a broken wrist) and I got I->F ug and he was in C ...
Why did you only break one of his wrists ?
Rambuster is offline  
Old Apr 30, 07, 4:51 pm
  #212  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 31,784
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN View Post
..only person allive who is GSC and HON..
What's a GSC?
Sounds like next generation mobile phone .
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing...
The lifetime miles are for awarding the lifetime SEN status.
The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight.
Yes sure. The importance is GM<FTL<SEN<HON<VIP<WOLF.
There is no mystical subdivision of the levels in terms of importance.
From my own experience, GAs @LH have 10 times the empowerment UA's GAs do have. They can hold seats and upgrades and have much less to justify than the latter. I experienced that shuffling of ug space on LH several times myself.
Originally Posted by derpelikan View Post
an HON on an award will not be first upgraded to F but the fullfare person in C will be upgraded first..
While that would make sense, it does not always happen this way. Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
weero is offline  
Old Apr 30, 07, 6:34 pm
  #213  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IAH and HAM
Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Posts: 1,495
Originally Posted by weero View Post
\
Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
Same happened to me twice. And I know at least once there was a HON in C. Being nce to the GA is sometimed more important than status or booking class.

Cheers, S
DFW-SEN is online now  
Old Apr 30, 07, 7:00 pm
  #214  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Posts: 3,873
yep

Originally Posted by weero View Post
What's a GSC?
Sounds like next generation mobile phone .

The lifetime miles are for awarding the lifetime SEN status.

Yes sure. The importance is GM<FTL<SEN<HON<VIP<WOLF.
There is no mystical subdivision of the levels in terms of importance.
From my own experience, GAs @LH have 10 times the empowerment UA's GAs do have. They can hold seats and upgrades and have much less to justify than the latter. I experienced that shuffling of ug space on LH several times myself.

While that would make sense, it does not always happen this way. Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
normally it should be this way, but as i indicated in my other post, there might always be someone who is travelling alone, or other reasons to upgrade someone with status first and keepthe full fare passenger in C.

and i met one HON who still has 50evouchers left and he gets never to use them as he gets upgraded 90% of the time ..... (well life is not fair )

dp
derpelikan is offline  
Old Apr 30, 07, 9:47 pm
  #215  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,201
Originally Posted by weero View Post
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
That's 100% in line with my experience. Otherwise I would have never been upgraded from a non upgradeable fare in Y -> F. But it happened.

There are no rules. It's in the flight managers sole discretion who is moving up.
ulev is offline  
Old May 1, 07, 1:22 am
  #216  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,872
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing... The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight - we need an insider to confirm which order is correct.

I believe it is Status-Class Flown-Lifetime miles. But it also could be Status-Class-Lifetime miles-Class Flown.

In former times LH used to have the order Class Flown-Status but they changed their attitude in favour of their frequent flyers. The only exception from this are award tickets, but a SEN in B would get the upgrade to C before the GM in Y nowadays. Which is good news for all SEN who feel they have been set back by the introduction of HON... :-)
SMK77 is offline  
Old May 1, 07, 5:08 am
  #217  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,201
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
In former times LH used to have the order Class Flown-Status but they changed their attitude in favour of their frequent flyers. The only exception from this are award tickets, but a SEN in B would get the upgrade to C before the GM in Y nowadays. Which is good news for all SEN who feel they have been set back by the introduction of HON... :-)
I think you are interpreting way to many rules into the common sense decisions usually made by flight managers. Unless, of course, you have any inside knowledge that LH has company wide rules that govern those decisions. I simply can't see any pattern from my own experience or the postings on this board.
ulev is offline  
Old May 1, 07, 5:08 am
  #218  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 31,784
Originally Posted by ulev View Post
That's 100% in line with my experience. Otherwise I would have never been upgraded from a non upgradeable fare in Y -> F. But it happened.

There are no rules. It's in the flight managers sole discretion who is moving up.

Very much what I was told by flight managers in BKK, FRA, and SIN. They make a strategic decision based on the measly bits of information they have.

What they can see is definitely: pax status, logged lifetime miles, fare base and ticket stock. The FM in BKK told me a few times that they favour travelers who purchased the tix on their own (from TA or LH office) as they regard these as loyal LH travelers. But that's a single person's take and does not outline company policy.
weero is offline  
Old May 1, 07, 5:18 am
  #219  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HAM, GVA
Programs: LH MM
Posts: 315
the last time i got upgraded from economy (Q) to Business travelling with my gf. LH flight and I bought the ticket on united.com! Analyse this!
Lennart is offline  
Old May 1, 07, 5:50 am
  #220  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
the last time i got upgraded from economy (Q) to Business travelling with my gf. LH flight and I bought the ticket on united.com! Analyse this!
LH loves UA tickets !!
szg is offline  
Old May 30, 07, 12:01 pm
  #221  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: US
Programs: LH and BA
Posts: 2,324
So update on SEN+ myth or not ....

I just came back from a super short trip to Germany....

I had a few highlights but here is the bottom line:

I sat in the jump seat for the flight TXL-FRA (long story) and I had a chance to study the manifest:

Important passangers
1 HON
SPACE
18 SEN

Full manifest by seat order

SEN+
SEN+
SEN+
SEN
HON+
SEN+
SEN
SEN+

etc..

I point this out to the purser sitting next to me, asking if she knew the significance of the +

Without hesitation she said

SEN who fly significantly more than the qualifying miles...

I pointed out the HON+

she said she had never seen that though..and asked how many I had flown (645K last year). And she said then I was flying significantly more.


SO bottom line..

333 you are right ( I apologize) the + means more miles on average !
roundtheworld is offline  
Old May 30, 07, 3:28 pm
  #222  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MUC (home), DUS (office), XXX (customer)
Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by roundtheworld View Post

SO bottom line..

333 you are right ( I apologize) the + means more miles on average !
He didn't post recently but I saw him lurking
supermasterphil is offline  
Old May 30, 07, 3:59 pm
  #223  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
Posts: 405
I doubt that
i requalified the last 3 times with just a few miles over.
But I am always SEN+ on manifest
( independantly of having or not having connection, special request etc etc)

Originally Posted by roundtheworld View Post
I point this out to the purser sitting next to me, asking if she knew the significance of the +

Without hesitation she said

SEN who fly significantly more than the qualifying miles...

I pointed out the HON+

she said she had never seen that though..and asked how many I had flown (645K last year). And she said then I was flying significantly more.


SO bottom line..

333 you are right ( I apologize) the + means more miles on average !
Jimmy67 is offline  
Old May 30, 07, 5:44 pm
  #224  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MUC
Programs: black is magic
Posts: 870
well, I had the following:
2005 130k
2006 210k
2007 ytd 140k

I'd personally call that more than the average SEN and am not listed as SEN+, especially if they look at the last 12 (about 22k/month) / 18(19k/month) / 24 (16k/month) months.
Thomas_B is offline  
Old May 30, 07, 10:29 pm
  #225  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: MUC/LAX/SMV
Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Posts: 12,407
The other day, I went bowling with a MUC based LH crew having their layover in LAX, and the very senior purser had no clue about SEN+.

YMMV.
flysurfer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: