Wiki Posts
Search

SEN and SEN+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
OHHHH Yes ............at least it happens to me ... and on time I was on a flight where MP Beck was in C (with a broken wrist) and I got I->F ug and he was in C ...
Why did you only break one of his wrists ?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
..only person allive who is GSC and HON..
What's a GSC?
Sounds like next generation mobile phone .
Originally Posted by SMK77
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing...
The lifetime miles are for awarding the lifetime SEN status.
The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight.
Yes sure. The importance is GM<FTL<SEN<HON<VIP<WOLF.
There is no mystical subdivision of the levels in terms of importance.
From my own experience, GAs @LH have 10 times the empowerment UA's GAs do have. They can hold seats and upgrades and have much less to justify than the latter. I experienced that shuffling of ug space on LH several times myself.
Originally Posted by derpelikan
an HON on an award will not be first upgraded to F but the fullfare person in C will be upgraded first..
While that would make sense, it does not always happen this way. Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by weero
\
Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
I stand with my prejudice: there is no hard evidence that there is a system that classifies importance other than the elite levels.
Same happened to me twice. And I know at least once there was a HON in C. Being nce to the GA is sometimed more important than status or booking class.

Cheers, S
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:00 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
yep

What's a GSC?
Sounds like next generation mobile phone .

The lifetime miles are for awarding the lifetime SEN status.

Yes sure. The importance is GM<FTL<SEN<HON<VIP<WOLF.
There is no mystical subdivision of the levels in terms of importance.
From my own experience, GAs @LH have 10 times the empowerment UA's GAs do have. They can hold seats and upgrades and have much less to justify than the latter. I experienced that shuffling of ug space on LH several times myself.

While that would make sense, it does not always happen this way. Even I as a lowly SEN got dragged to the front from I to F over all the paying folks.
normally it should be this way, but as i indicated in my other post, there might always be someone who is travelling alone, or other reasons to upgrade someone with status first and keepthe full fare passenger in C.

and i met one HON who still has 50evouchers left and he gets never to use them as he gets upgraded 90% of the time ..... (well life is not fair )

dp
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:47 pm

That's 100% in line with my experience. Otherwise I would have never been upgraded from a non upgradeable fare in Y -> F. But it happened.

There are no rules. It's in the flight managers sole discretion who is moving up.
Old May 1, 2007, 1:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing... The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight - we need an insider to confirm which order is correct.

I believe it is Status-Class Flown-Lifetime miles. But it also could be Status-Class-Lifetime miles-Class Flown.

In former times LH used to have the order Class Flown-Status but they changed their attitude in favour of their frequent flyers. The only exception from this are award tickets, but a SEN in B would get the upgrade to C before the GM in Y nowadays. Which is good news for all SEN who feel they have been set back by the introduction of HON... :-)
Old May 1, 2007, 5:08 am

In former times LH used to have the order Class Flown-Status but they changed their attitude in favour of their frequent flyers. The only exception from this are award tickets, but a SEN in B would get the upgrade to C before the GM in Y nowadays. Which is good news for all SEN who feel they have been set back by the introduction of HON... :-)
I think you are interpreting way to many rules into the common sense decisions usually made by flight managers. Unless, of course, you have any inside knowledge that LH has company wide rules that govern those decisions. I simply can't see any pattern from my own experience or the postings on this board.
Old May 1, 2007, 5:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ulev
That's 100% in line with my experience. Otherwise I would have never been upgraded from a non upgradeable fare in Y -> F. But it happened.

There are no rules. It's in the flight managers sole discretion who is moving up.

Very much what I was told by flight managers in BKK, FRA, and SIN. They make a strategic decision based on the measly bits of information they have.

What they can see is definitely: pax status, logged lifetime miles, fare base and ticket stock. The FM in BKK told me a few times that they favour travelers who purchased the tix on their own (from TA or LH office) as they regard these as loyal LH travelers. But that's a single person's take and does not outline company policy.
Old May 1, 2007, 5:18 am

Programs: LH MM
the last time i got upgraded from economy (Q) to Business travelling with my gf. LH flight and I bought the ticket on united.com! Analyse this!
Old May 1, 2007, 5:50 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Lennart
the last time i got upgraded from economy (Q) to Business travelling with my gf. LH flight and I bought the ticket on united.com! Analyse this!
LH loves UA tickets !!
Old May 30, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH and BA
So update on SEN+ myth or not ....

I just came back from a super short trip to Germany....

I had a few highlights but here is the bottom line:

I sat in the jump seat for the flight TXL-FRA (long story) and I had a chance to study the manifest:

Important passangers
1 HON
SPACE
18 SEN

Full manifest by seat order

SEN+
SEN+
SEN+
SEN
HON+
SEN+
SEN
SEN+

etc..

I point this out to the purser sitting next to me, asking if she knew the significance of the +

Without hesitation she said

SEN who fly significantly more than the qualifying miles...

I pointed out the HON+

she said she had never seen that though..and asked how many I had flown (645K last year). And she said then I was flying significantly more.

SO bottom line..

333 you are right ( I apologize) the + means more miles on average !
Old May 30, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

SO bottom line..

He didn't post recently but I saw him lurking
Old May 30, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN, ME Cedar Miles Prestige
I doubt that
i requalified the last 3 times with just a few miles over.
But I am always SEN+ on manifest
( independantly of having or not having connection, special request etc etc)

I point this out to the purser sitting next to me, asking if she knew the significance of the +

Without hesitation she said

SEN who fly significantly more than the qualifying miles...

I pointed out the HON+

she said she had never seen that though..and asked how many I had flown (645K last year). And she said then I was flying significantly more.

SO bottom line..

Old May 30, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: black is magic
well, I had the following:
2005 130k
2006 210k
2007 ytd 140k

I'd personally call that more than the average SEN and am not listed as SEN+, especially if they look at the last 12 (about 22k/month) / 18(19k/month) / 24 (16k/month) months.
Old May 30, 2007, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
The other day, I went bowling with a MUC based LH crew having their layover in LAX, and the very senior purser had no clue about SEN+.

YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.