Still miles for Maglev (Transrapid) in Shanghai

Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Still miles for Maglev (Transrapid) in Shanghai

Hi Folks,

is it still possible to get 125 miles (respectively 250 miles in VIP-Class) per ride with the Maglev (Transrapid) in Shanghai. I know that there used to be a promotion in August 2004 but I can not find any updated information on the M&M webpage.

Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: LH [FTL]
Well, according to the M&M-Website it is still available. But I personally cannot confirm you actually get the miles.

Cheers, Stefan
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Price for the Transrapid

Originally Posted by FlyingStefan
Well, according to the M&M-Website it is still available. But I personally cannot confirm you actually get the miles.

Cheers, Stefan
... and the price seems also to be ok. Wikipedia.de says that a one way trip costs around 5 EUR.

Do any folks know if the Transrapid already goes to Hangzhou? Here is also the train's web page. It doesn't mention anything about an upgrade, neither about miles.

Last edited by Michael Tantini; Jan 4, 2006 at 12:31 pm Reason: Found the web page
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Tantini
... and the price seems also to be ok. Wikipedia.de says that a one way trip costs around 5 EUR.

Do any folks know if the Transrapid already goes to Hangzhou? Here is also the train's web page. It doesn't mention anything about an upgrade, neither about miles.
The line only ran to Shanghai when I was there in late November. Prices are not bad but the MAGLEV station for the city centre is still a 20 minute taxi ride away from the riverfront!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi folks,

@flying stefan:

Thanks a lot - well, I was looking for that information but could'nt find it - is there a search function on the M&M homepage?

thanks for the replies. thats good news for me - I am taking the the maglev several times a month - next time I will present my card. Maybe I can even send in some old tickets. But I wonder if the will give me the miles since of course there is no name on the ticket.

By the way the ticket costs 40 RMB (4,1 EUR) instead of 50 RMB if you hold a flight ticket for the same day (80 RMB for VIP-Class and 250 miles). I guess VIP-Class will be my preferred class from now on since I get the money reimbursed anyway

Currently the train only runs to Shanghai but the extension to Hangzhou is in the process of being approved by the government - it looks like they will indeed do it.

best regards from Shanghai,

muc2006
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: LH [FTL]
Originally Posted by muc2006
I was looking for that information but could'nt find it - is there a search function on the M&M homepage?
I am not aware of a search function, trying a normal search engine doesn't seem to help either. I just looked through the list of partners on the homepage on the right: "Miles & More partners", there the Transrapid Shanghai is listed. So this is why we have flyertalk

Originally Posted by muc2006
Maybe I can even send in some old tickets. But I wonder if the will give me the miles since of course there is no name on the ticket.
I think they do. IIRC some people even collect old tickets from their co-workers etc (with different dates) and then later send them all in, that would be cheating though. There is nothing to say against you way though.

Cheers, Stefan
Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:54 am
Suspended

Transrapid Shanghai

Did somebody recently ride the Shanghai Transrapid?

Where do I have to register for the miles and do they really upgrade Senators to 1st class?

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...st=41510368019
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Hello,

Originally Posted by Lech

Where do I have to register for the miles and do they really upgrade Senators to 1st class?

I used the Maglev train on beginning of this July two times. They refused to accept my Miles&More number. But I dont' insist and I don't start a discussion. So perhaps it is still possible, if you like discussions.
But you still get a discount of 20 percent, if you've got a airline ticket for the day of traveling the Transrapid. If you've got an e-ticket, than a print of your booking confirmation of the airline is helpful. This paper will be accepted as ticket and will be stamped by ticket office. But an e-ticket confirmation also needs some discussions ('It's not a ticket! - Of course ...'). Really hard saved 10 RMB .
Enjoy the trip, it's a nice experience.

Best regards,

taigatrommel

Last edited by taigatrommel; Jul 29, 2006 at 2:45 pm
Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Lech

Upgrades for a 7 minute ride ???
Old Jul 30, 2006, 4:36 am

Programs: LH Hon
Miles with MAGLEV

I asked the question about M&M miles at the airport ticket counter in June 2006, and after many many phone calls from the staff the following has been told to me:

1. The cooperation and the promotion ended.
2. No more miles with Miles & More are awarded with a ticket purchase.
3. Also the upgrade promised on the LH website is lo longer available.

However also without miles the MAGLEV was a great experience. - I can highly recommend it. There was even some of the Lufthansa crew from my flight on the train.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Originally Posted by flyer01
I asked the question about M&M miles at the airport ticket counter in June 2006, and after many many phone calls from the staff the following has been told to me:

1. The cooperation and the promotion ended.
2. No more miles with Miles & More are awarded with a ticket purchase.
3. Also the upgrade promised on the LH website is lo longer available.

However also without miles the MAGLEV was a great experience. - I can highly recommend it. There was even some of the Lufthansa crew from my flight on the train.
I can also confirm this statement. Never got ONE single miles by using Maglev several times. Even with a ticket and a complaint letter to LH.. Anyway, the staff told me in June that this cooperation has ended already back to March and no upgrade anymore for Senators.

I've even called the technical support of Miles and More homepage and reported them this error on their site and asked them to remove the Transrapid from the mileage earning page.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:39 am

Programs: LH Hon
MAGLEV Promotion

Same here - I called the Miles & More Technical Support last week - they promised to check and to update the pages (= delete MAGLEV as a Miles & More Partner) if our findings are correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.