Wiki Posts
Search

New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:10 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by totti
As you mentioned was... So now they have M&M, too or will get soon to be correct.
You cannot imagine how pleased we are
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
You cannot imagine how pleased we are
Yes I can, this I have an STC-Account as well and I really liked it. So now it's over but gives my m&m account a boost...
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
...I have to say... have you ever tried LX or SQ.... that is a real IFE... not just like LH's main screen (one for all). When are they going to upgrade their planes?...

Have you ever tried LX on regional C-Class in flights in Europe. Well, LX eg. from Duesseldorf to Warsaw via ZRH is cheap compared to the direct LH fligt but they fly with silly little planes and there is no real difference between Eco and C (but the mileage...). So there are ups and downs everywhere...
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
LH has AVOD and wireless Connexion broadband Internet access in C and F...

As for LH longhaul Y: It's terrible, we all know it's terrible, we all keep repeating it's terrible, and we keep suggesting to everybody that it's to be avoided...
First, HNY, all. I just got off of a USAir PHL-FRA flight in Y. A330. Very enjoyable, too; solid service for eco. And AVOD IFE at every Y seat--I can't even remember how many movies we were able to choose from. Why anyone would choose LH Y transatlantic, I just can't understand. With M&M, just as with LH Y, the market deserves what it gets.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:26 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Have you ever tried LX on regional C-Class in flights in Europe. Well, LX eg. from Duesseldorf to Warsaw via ZRH is cheap compared to the direct LH fligt but they fly with silly little planes and there is no real difference between Eco and C (but the mileage...). So there are ups and downs everywhere...
I did actually. In both LH and LX. I didn't see much difference between one and the other, but I agree that this is not an oustanding experience. Both LH and LX have empty middle seat in A320 for C. No such thing in smaller aircrafts.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:46 am
Suspended

Cool The Frequent Flyer Program is at the very bottom of the evaluation proces?

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Och, och, och... The main point seems to be the mileage accrual. Well, this comment is completely opposite to what you said in posting #110, isn't it? Didn't you say there that the FFP is on the very bottom?

Again: I could not agree more. I ask the overall value an airline gives me and the FFP is at the very bottom of my personal evaluation. - Network in-Europe and ex-Germany - Reliability - Seats (in F) on long distance - Partner Airlines - On board and ground service - FFP
Och, och, och... Nevertheless how bad L-L (former M&M) is, there are always people attacking others who show the negative points. I wonder how many undercover LH agents we have in the forum

By the way: Why do people fly business class if there is no difference to economy? Doesn't make sense to me - unless it is for the mileage. But as we know, the FFP is at the very bottom for some of us.

Last edited by Hans Dampf; Jan 4, 2006 at 2:49 am
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:07 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Originally Posted by Hans Dampf
By the way: Why do people fly business class if there is no difference to economy? Doesn't make sense to me - unless it is for the mileage. But as we know, the FFP is at the very bottom for some of us.
M&M is not all bad, the mileage in C is very good (compared to let's say AC)...

About the product, I think it is better on a A320 or 737 but I wouldn't pay for it "myself" if it wasn't for an "urgent" need of Status miles
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:27 am

Och, och, och... Nevertheless how bad L-L (former M&M) is, there are always people attacking others who show the negative points. I wonder how many undercover LH agents we have in the forum
Some people have different expectations from "their" airline of choice - and are by that resonable satisfied with what they get.
Others can not do anything else than constantly complain about everything and anything.
What is negative for you might not be negative for others.
And that seems to be something you have difficult to accept - anybody who is not wining constantly is a undercover LH agent / employee or any other description that you have used in the past to insult thosewho do not share your opinion.

If it is all that bad - why not walk away - or did the job in Japan not work out for you ? At least there you would not need M&M.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:00 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Grog
First, HNY, all. I just got off of a USAir PHL-FRA flight in Y. A330. Very enjoyable, too; solid service for eco. And AVOD IFE at every Y seat--I can't even remember how many movies we were able to choose from. Why anyone would choose LH Y transatlantic, I just can't understand. With M&M, just as with LH Y, the market deserves what it gets.
Its a long time since my last longhaul flight in Y, but in November I "enjoyed" US Air in their Envoy class from LGW to CLT. One of the worst flights in my live by all aspects from checkin until arriavl. I can't understand how anybody would ever fly with them in C.

Cheers, Stefan
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:29 am

Would you buy an C-ticket across europe just to get this couple of miles? I won't... until you don't get that much more and it will never be the best deal if you need a mileage run, which I'd never do, anyway (as still posted above by others)

So the only reason is, that it is a little more relaxed, food is a little better and what counts most to me, you can just arrive 15 min before takeoff and will still be on your plain
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Och, och, och... The main point seems to be the mileage accrual. Well, this comment is completely opposite to what you said in posting #110, isn't it? Didn't you say there that the FFP is on the very bottom? :
Watch my lips: LX C-Class is cheap compared to LH direct flight on that route. Allthough the only noticable difference between Eco and C is the mileage. Understood?

Surprise, surprise: Anybody who does not share in weepy lamentation is an undercover LH agent. Watch my lips again: I fly 40 legs a year on LH First Class and I am very satisfied with the service they offer for my money. And I am very satisfied with the benefits of M&M (allthough this is less important).

I fully appreciate that LH tries to bump the "SEN-lights" (40 legs on strange US mileage runs in so-called domestic US or US First Class or 60 intra German domestic returns in E) out of the lounges. I would do it no different. The airline earns approx. 20 Euro (excl. taxes and VAT) on an E class domestic ticket. If all these customers get status, then status is no longer status but a giveaway and it will only displease customers paying real money for airline services.

Please excuse me for being inpolite but I think you did not understand the system. The main benefit of a C-Class ticket is the possibility of unlimited changes, being there 20 minutes before takeoff and seat in 1A (that saves me 5-10 minutes when disembarking). There are some people like me who do not fly for fun once a month but on a daily basis for business and who depend on this flexibility. The difference in price between a full fare economy and C can be neglected. It can be even more neglected if you are (like me) part of a big oganisation and have negotiated Business Class fares. In fact, for us, C class on several routes is cheaper as Full Fare eco.

Cheers
T.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Jan 4, 2006 at 4:35 am
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:39 am

I totally agree with you Flying Lawyer ^ Just forgotten to mention the advantage of flexibility in C in my post above. for me it's that naturally and also that important, that I just not thought about it...
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:46 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Its a long time since my last longhaul flight in Y, but in November I "enjoyed" US Air in their Envoy class from LGW to CLT...
I think that this is very bottom line where all our discrapancies in opinion
about M&L and LH originate: the gap between LH Y and LH C (on transatlantic
routes now only) is huge. Judging LH from the SQ angle flat seat, this
is better than old NZ and TG First.
And in Y, everything on LH is miserable. Except that the cabin is clean, I give
them that.
That includes mileage accrual which is great for anything above Z (actually
ok for anything above B since the changes) and ridiculous for basic Economy.
I can hence understand why true elite flyers such as DFW-SEN or tcswede
show some affection for LH.
Originally Posted by totti
..So the only reason is, that it is a little more relaxed, food is a little better and what counts most to me, you can just arrive 15 min before takeoff and will still be on your plain
What a beautiful Freudian . And it describes the LH domestic C cabin
soooooo well.
But I have to confess that I am quite fond of the intra-Europe C service,
even though they always refused to give me two cakes so far...
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by weero
...even though they always refused to give me two cakes so far...
Priceless!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by weero
What a beautiful Freudian . And it describes the LH domestic C cabin
soooooo well.
But I have to confess that I am quite fond of the intra-Europe C service,
even though they always refused to give me two cakes so far...
Oh yeah... so I shouldn't correct it so far

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.