FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/508854-new-improvements-m-m-1-april-2006-a.html)

Honorable Jan 23, 2006 6:01 pm

United Airways discontinued as HON miles

Starting April 1st 2006 United Airlines flight don't anymore for HON Statusmiles :mad:
Living in the US it will be hard to maintain status.....Makes no sense to fly LH from PHL to SFO

DFW-SEN Jan 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Honorable
Starting April 1st 2006 United Airlines flight don't anymore for HON Statusmiles :mad:
Living in the US it will be hard to maintain status.....Makes no sense to fly LH from PHL to SFO

IMHO it also makes no sense for a German baaser airline to provide special benefits to somebody who mainly flies PHL to SFO.

Cheers, Stefan

Kiwi Flyer Jan 23, 2006 6:31 pm

Its no different from SQ or NZ or NH or ... not counting for HON. It would be nice if they were included (in which case I'd qualify) but I can understand why miles & more doesnt include them.

Hans Dampf Jan 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by rorschi
1500€ for access to owercrowded lounges and for one long-haul-upgrade? Come on...
Patrick

bravo patrick! could be my words ;)

bertheike Jan 24, 2006 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Rudi
'we' posted this (SEN only, and only for one more year) already years ago here on FlyerTalk.

No vouchers given out for such a bought one-year prolongation of SEN status.

My two children age 10 and 12, also got last week an invitation for 1.500 Eur. to extend their SEN status. My wife did not get it. All 3 are ending 2/2006 their SEN status. The children now already got the silver card until 02/2008. My wife got nothing.
Not that I need it, ( we are all * gold with BD until summer 2007 already ), and in summer 06 we do a nice ex TIP trip in F which generates again gold until summer 2008 and enough miles for the next F award, but curious with LH, who gets the mail and who not.

Honorable Jan 24, 2006 4:14 pm

Answer to Stefan

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
IMHO it also makes no sense for a German baaser airline to provide special benefits to somebody who mainly flies PHL to SFO.

Cheers, Stefan

I don't mainly fly PHL SFO, but mostly PHL FRA BLR SHA and NRT etc. and round the world. Let me know when there is any LH flight crossing the Pacific in any direction...Maybe AUA does it ;-) ?

Kiwi Flyer Jan 24, 2006 4:22 pm

I don't mainly fly PHL SFO, but mostly PHL FRA BLR SHA and NRT etc. and round the world. Let me know when there is any LH flight crossing the Pacific in any direction...Maybe AUA does it ;-) ?

Nope. *A airlines with transpac flights are

UA
NH
OZ
SQ
TG
NZ
I'm not 100% sure if RG still does or not (used to have LAX-NRT)

Torsten71 Jan 25, 2006 2:50 am

Have to add OZ (Asiana) to Kiwi's list. They're flying to 5 destinations in the US from Seoul (Incheon).

daumueller Jan 25, 2006 3:36 am

heavy detour... but OS flies to MEL and SYD from BKK and KUL.

oliver2002 Jan 25, 2006 3:37 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
heavy detour... but OS flies to MEL and SYD from BKK and KUL.

SIN and KUL. The BKK flight terminates in BKK

Hans Dampf Jan 25, 2006 6:04 pm

FAQs: Stopover and lounge access

As the rules change so often and I lost the overview, I have two questions:

- Stopover: WAW-FRA-KIX - PVG - HKG-ZRH-WAW.
Is the intended stopover in PVG allowed?

- Lounge access for SEN: What are the official rules?
Are we still entitled to bring in a guest or not?
Are we still allowed to use the lounges when flying a non * carrier?

Kiwi Flyer Jan 25, 2006 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hans Dampf
- Lounge access for SEN: What are the official rules?
Are we still entitled to bring in a guest or not?
Are we still allowed to use the lounges when flying a non * carrier?

Yes can use any LH-operated lounge (assuming you have access to the relevant part of the terminal and lounge is open) regardless of who flying with, or even if not flying at all.

Can bring a guest who must be flying same-day departing flight on *A (or in case of LH-operated lounges an M&M partner).

As always, subject to availability (eg can be denied due to space issues).

W Nippert Jan 26, 2006 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes can use any LH-operated lounge (assuming you have access to the relevant part of the terminal and lounge is open) regardless of who flying with, or even if not flying at all.

Can bring a guest who must be flying same-day departing flight on *A (or in case of LH-operated lounges an M&M partner).

Hi, Kiwi Flyer,
are you sure? I´ve got the impression that a SEN can (always) bring a guest to LH-lounge whether the guest is flying *A or not.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...&nodeid=780671

At the "official" Lounge site it is stated that a SEN needs simply the SEN card to enter. And it is stated:

"Senators, Frequent Travellers and Star Gold cardholders are entitled to take one guest each into their lounge."

Thus: No further requirements for the guest, in my opinion.

Hans Dampf Jan 26, 2006 4:57 am

i also thought that sen's can bring in one guest and use the lounges regardless of the carrier they are flying with.

however, recently in berlin, they refused me to use the lounge because i did not fly * :confused:

same situation with the stop over that i asked a few posts before: once i get the stop over, on another time they refuse to give it... :confused:

LH-STR Jan 27, 2006 7:33 am

Originally Posted by W Nippert
At the "official" Lounge site it is stated that a SEN needs simply the SEN card to enter.

Unfortunately not.

A few days ago I was on a one day trip to VIE with Germanwings. I was finished earlier as expected and so I had to wait 2 hours at the airport. I wanted to enter the SEN Lounge, presented my SEN Card. The lady asked for my bording pass. I told her that I do not fly with them and she kicked me out. She told me that the rules have changed and I need a *A Ticket to enter.