Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by dia15222
...On many Airlines the requirments for an FTL would be enough for *G...
That might me true at first glance - but when you take the COS into account it chages somewhat such as 200% instead of 125% for C and 300% instead of 150% for F. Also the level of min miles differs on various carriers. Hence the comparison limps slightly. In addition 2 years vs.one year of status etc.

It is not that simple.

BTW you need 10 R/T in C for domestic UK on BA to reach silver - at least to my knowledge you only get 20 Tier Points for that - then again considering that BA will do away with C apart from LHR and LGW verysoon - it will beeven more difficult - a last add on - if you are based in the UK - your requirements for silver also change as for its own nationals the requirement is higher - 600 vs 400 Tier Points for Europeans.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 11, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
depends

in my eyes, it is great for the baggage allowance and the lounge acess as a LH FTL.
the baggage allowance saved my ... when i was not a *Gold.

so having the LH FTL helped me to carry each time around 70KG ... ( some years ago it was 40KG + 5KG tolerance for FTL) and i had 25KG handbaggae all the time.

i think, if you flying business C (200% mileage) and First (300%) LH is the best programm as you will be SEN/FTL very fast.

if you fly mostly economy another * program like thai, asiana will fit better, as there you get only 25% /50% as COS bonus.

btw. for me it was impossible to get SEN status as i had too less flights in paid C or F the last 3 years, but it was easy to get * Gold with 50K miles in one year.

so may be the trick is to get FTL on LH first. than you can use the lounge and can carry the baggage.
the next year you can use the FTL benefits while crediting points to another carrier in *.

if you only fly economy... 50K is still a long way to fly

in first or business it is easy , i am already at 25K status miles this year....

dp
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Just looking for prices for my next Trip to London in Feb. I can book fixed Tickets.
LH goes with about 280 Euro Booking-Class K and T so it is 875 + 25% StatusbonusMiles! No more Segments, but Access to the SEN-Lounge
BA offers me a C-Class Ticket for 260 Euro which gives me 1150 + 25% Statusbonus Qantas Miles and 80 Status-Credits. Access to the Terrace in LHR
Paying with my SEN-CC i will get about 260 Award Miles for the BA-Flight!
Guess what I will book!
With Segments the choice would have been different!

Last edited by dia15222; Jan 22, 2006 at 4:16 am
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:30 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by dia15222
Just looking for prices for my next Trip to London in Feb. I can book fixed Tickets.
LH goes with about 280 Euro Booking-Class K and T so it is 875 + 25% StatusbonusMiles! No more Segments, but Access to the SEN-Lounge
BA offers me a C-Class Ticket for 260 Euro which gives me 1150 + 25% Statusbonus Qantas Miles and 80 Status-Credits. Access to the Terrace in LHR Guess what I will book!
With Segments the choice would have been different!
Had the same finding some days ago. FRA-LHR 243 € in C class (not flex). Will have a shot to BA, too. BTW that's a good chance starting an OW career
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Originally Posted by totti
Had the same finding some days ago. FRA-LHR 243 € in C class (not flex). Will have a shot to BA, too. BTW that's a good chance starting an OW career
This is what I did last year and it was the beginning of a long friendship!
Mid Feb I will become Qantas Gold.

Last edited by dia15222; Jan 22, 2006 at 4:17 am
Old Jan 21, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
So, I'm about to drop down to FTL unless I spring for the €1500 payment.

I receive my new FTL card in advance, along with a letter for applying for SEN renewal @ €1500, and a brochure that says look at the benefits and privileges that you'll enjoy for the next two years. One of them is that FTLs can take a companion into the lounges. No mention that there will be changes 32 days after your FTL starts.

Same crappy LH miscommunications and/or misrepresentations as ever. ^
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Grog
So, I'm about to drop down to FTL unless I spring for the €1500 payment.
1500€ for access to owercrowded lounges and for one long-haul-upgrade? Come on...

Ohm... will the SEN-status be extended for one or two years?
Is there a similar offer for FTL-extentions?

Patrick
Old Jan 22, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by rorschi
1500€ for access to owercrowded lounges and for one long-haul-upgrade? Come on...
I second this. I'd better invest the money in a RTW in F instead of C even if it won't be enough.

Patrick
Never heard of such offer neither Sen nor FTL. But never droped on MM so far
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SIXT Platinum and many more
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
In future times (from April 1st) it will not be possible to bring your own child to the lounge! Only exception: child is a baby less than 2 y/o. Any suggestions what is the best way/best address to send a complain about this unfriendly rule?
It is now not 100% sure that it will go this way, but it is more likely than the other way round (as the LH agent said).
Thats not correct. A family-member (wife or child) is not a guest, its a family-member. LH makes a separation for that! In other words:You can put your wife and your 3 childs and a friend in a SEN lounge or yourself, your wife and your 3 childs without a friend in a FTL-Lounge (also valid from 1st of April).

Rolf
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by rorschi

Patrick
1 - No one guarantees that you even get the eVouchers with the cash payment
2 - One year
3 - Nope, not for FTLs.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
In future times (from April 1st) it will not be possible to bring your own child to the lounge! Only exception: child is a baby less than 2 y/o. Any suggestions what is the best way/best address to send a complain about this unfriendly rule?
Sorry, but I have to doubt that. What do you think when travelling with my wife and son, who is age 2 1/2? The LH matrons through him out? Well, even after considering this , I still doubt it. The general sense here is "... and dependend children...". I´ll see during the next months.

F.R.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by prollo
Thats not correct. A family-member (wife or child) is not a guest, its a family-member. LH makes a separation for that! In other words:You can put your wife and your 3 childs and a friend in a SEN lounge or yourself, your wife and your 3 childs without a friend in a FTL-Lounge (also valid from 1st of April).

Rolf
Unfortunately, companions may no longer enter with you in the future.
Begleitpersonen können zukünftig nicht mehr mitgenommen werden.

Of course, with LH's poor communications history, you may be correct, but LH doesn't show a differentiation here. A family member would still be a companion/Begleitperson, even if they are a family member and not make it into the FTL lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, companions may no longer enter with you in the future.
Begleitpersonen können zukünftig nicht mehr mitgenommen werden.

Of course, with LH's poor communications history, you may be correct, but LH doesn't show a differentiation here. A family member would still be a companion/Begleitperson, even if they are a family member and not make it into the FTL lounge.
Ok I can't spoke for FTLers but for SEN I have the experiance to allow my mother, wife and child into the lounge additionaly a friend which was also on the same flight :-) The person on the desk told me these differences ;-)
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:00 pm

1 - No one guarantees that you even get the eVouchers with the cash payment
2 - One year
3 - Nope, not for FTLs.
So a SEN can extent his SEN for an addional year for 1500€ (he should be a SEN+ member ;-) ?Some infos on the public web? Didn't hear before of this (since 2 friends didn't get this offer, they are now FTLer).
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by prollo
So a SEN can extent his SEN for an addional year for 1500€ (he should be a SEN+ member ;-) ?Some infos on the public web? Didn't hear before of this (since 2 friends didn't get this offer, they are now FTLer).
'we' posted this (SEN only, and only for one more year) already years ago here on FlyerTalk.

No vouchers given out for such a bought one-year prolongation of SEN status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.