FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   New "improvements" of M&M 1 April 2006 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/508854-new-improvements-m-m-1-april-2006-a.html)

Rudi Jan 10, 06 1:17 am

Originally Posted by alex220569
Does anybody of these experts here know what are the new mileage borders for SEN/FTL if you are having residence overseas (e.g. Cape Town). :D

Thanks, Alex

new = old

FTL 35'000 (calendar year, one out of 2)
SEN 100'000 (calendar year, one out of 2)
HON 600'000 (cumulativ in 2 calendar years)

alex220569 Jan 10, 06 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Rudi
new = old

FTL 35'000 (calendar year, one out of 2)
SEN 100'000 (calendar year, one out of 2)
HON 600'000 (cumulativ in 2 calendar years)

Thanks Rudi for quick Info! ^

weero Jan 10, 06 5:22 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Nope, haven't met George recently. You are safe. But I met his dad, Nick, a few weeks before X-mas. Very nice gentleman.

That adds just one single redirection :eek:.
Now Nick is going to tell it George and then it'll be with the Wolf in no time :( .
E++ farewell... or better RIP.

Yokdoc Jan 10, 06 12:22 pm

Improvement: No lounge access for FTL child companion

In future times (from April 1st) it will not be possible to bring your own child to the lounge! Only exception: child is a baby less than 2 y/o. Any suggestions what is the best way/best address to send a complain about this unfriendly rule?
It is now not 100% sure that it will go this way, but it is more likely than the other way round (as the LH agent said).

cajmere Jan 11, 06 3:13 am

I don't think it is fair not to allow a companion in to the lounge if you are traveling together, particularly on an award-companion ticket. The other changes would not effect me.

Rudi Jan 11, 06 3:23 am

Originally Posted by cajmere
I don't think it is fair not to allow a companion in to the lounge if you are traveling together, particularly on an award-companion ticket. The other changes would not effect me.

SEN (the only ones, I believe, that get discounted 50% companion ticktes) can still get one guest into the lounge with them.

I don't know any StarAlliance airline allowing lounge-access for companions of silver status holders, some (most?) of them would even not allow silver-card holders at all into any lounge (when flying eco).

While it is never nice if former perks are lost, miles&more is, in respect to lounge access for status holders, I believe, still better than the average other Star-airline.

mith Jan 11, 06 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Yokdoc
In future times (from April 1st) it will not be possible to bring your own child to the lounge! Only exception: child is a baby less than 2 y/o. Any suggestions what is the best way/best address to send a complain about this unfriendly rule?.

well, in this case, i would go into the lounge and leave the kids in the entrance, telling them to play with the dragons at the door.

LH's biggest competitor in Germany in the Deutsche Bahn and they still allow free companions into the lounge for status costumers. Also a frequent traveller who does 40 trips within Germany in a year will most likely earn status with bahn.comfort (at 50 EUR each way which is a reasonable price for a ticket for a 3-4 hour ride using a Bahncard for a competetive journey with taking LH inner-German flight.

I would also love to see dba, airberlin and ltu start a common frequent traveller program in Germany. It is so easy now to offer a BETTER perks program in this country than M/M - and maybe M/M will rethink further devaluations.

Sonwende Jan 11, 06 4:31 am

SEN (the only ones, I believe, that get discounted 50% companion ticktes) can still get one guest into the lounge with them.

I don't know any StarAlliance airline allowing lounge-access for companions of silver status holders, some (most?) of them would even not allow silver-card holders at all into any lounge (when flying eco).

While it is never nice if former perks are lost, miles&more is, in respect to lounge access for status holders, I believe, still better than the average other Star-airline.

I agree with you that M&M is the only programm how allows with Silver the Lounge access for companions.

But please keep in mind, you need until March 2006 50k miles to reach this status, in other programms you have Gold with 50k!

In my opionion, M&M is geting more worse for the status customer. Wait what will be the next ... maybee in January 2007 ...

dia15222 Jan 11, 06 4:51 am

No! You definitly compare the wrong things.
If you see the statusrequirements *S on many other Airlines are much lower than on LH. Some (not all) offer fewer benefits. Different Levels do not really compare! And on some Markets different things are ment to be important.
On many Airlines the requirments for an FTL would be enough for *G.
Or if you see at onewordl: Silver on BA is much easier to achive if you fly Businss-Class and gives Lounge-Access in the whole oneworld-alliance.
Five Returns in Shorthaul C give me Silver on BA (Lounge-Access for me and a comanion on the Whole Alliance) and nothing on LH!
There I need 9 Returns in Shorthaul-Euro-C (4000 Statusmiles) and 7 Returns in Shorthaul-Euro-C(5000 Stausmiles) (to get FTL/Silver. Then I get Lounge-Access only on LH and no companion.
Lets look into different Programs:
BA: Lounge Access with Silver
BMI: Lounge Access on BMI with Silver (Not on Chepo Fares)
SAS: No Lounge Access with Silver
TAP: Lounge Acces but no Companion
Spanair: Lounge Access with Silver
US/UA: Domestic Lounge Acces has to be purchased seperatly

Volasia Jan 11, 06 5:54 am

Originally Posted by dia15222
Five Returns in C give me Silver on BA (Lounge-Access for me and a comanion on the Whole Alliance) and nothing on LH!
There I need 7 Returns in C to get FTL/Silver.

Don't know if I missed something and what kind of return it is but 5 returns in C longhaul should give you FTL on LH (around 70,000 miles...)

weero Jan 11, 06 6:53 am

Originally Posted by mith
well, in this case, i would go into the lounge and leave the kids in the entrance, telling them to play with the dragons at the door...

It is politically incorrect to refer to the wardens as dragons.
Or has any dragon ever obstructed your lounge access? So you see, the
fluffly animals do not deserve that reference.

But I quite like the idea of leaving a raving child with the wardens.

andre1970 Jan 11, 06 7:27 am

Originally Posted by weero
It is politically incorrect to refer to the wardens as dragons.
Or has any dragon ever obstructed your lounge access? So you see, the
fluffly animals do not deserve that reference.

But I quite like the idea of leaving a raving child with the wardens.

BTW, any news of "The MUC Warden™"?

dia15222 Jan 11, 06 7:37 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
BTW, any news of "The MUC Warden™"?

With the new automatic entrance door for SEN in MUC all Problems are solved! They react friendly when I ask for a magazine!
Maybe they left her with concrete socks in the Terminal 1 :D

totti Jan 11, 06 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
Don't know if I missed something and what kind of return it is but 5 returns in C longhaul should give you FTL on LH (around 70,000 miles...)

on BA you just need 10 segments in C on european or intra-GB flights to go for silver. the same 10 segments in C on *A (except intra-german) will just give you 20k or 25k if you're still FTL/Sen which won't entitle to FTL.

But anyway, as we still discussed in this thread, it's not just the status and the perks that counts. It's a personal dicision which airline and FFP to choose depending on the personal needs and travel pattern (and many other factors). And I am not sure if it makes sense to compare LH M&M and BA EC

Rudi Jan 11, 06 8:19 am

Originally Posted by dia15222
... On many Airlines the requirments for an FTL would be enough for *G. ...

but only for one year. LH FTL status is for 2 calendar years.