Wiki Posts
Search

J award trip BRU to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

J award trip BRU to LAX

Dear all,

I have 115k miles in my LH account. I also have another 120k AAdvantage miles.

I am undertaking a trip to Chicago & Los Angeles in Feb '06.

My question:
How many segments can I fly on a single award ticket in business class ?
Is the following possible:
11 feb: BRU-FRA-LAX
14 feb: LAX-ORD on a partner airline like UA
17 feb: ORD-MUC-BRU
Would this cost me the 90k miles on J as posted on the site ?

All tips & hints are welcome !

John
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
[QUOTE=John6911 feb: BRU-FRA-LAX
14 feb: LAX-ORD on a partner airline like UA
17 feb: ORD-MUC-BRU
Would this cost me the 90k miles on J as posted on the site ?
[/QUOTE]

The routing is legal (as long as award seats are available), but you can't do 2 stop-overs in the destination region. With this routing, your stop should be in LAX, and you can transfer in ORD (= stay there less than 24 hours).

Ih you need to stay in ORD longer than 24 hrs, book an open jaw award and buy a one-way ticket from LAX-ORD on any suitable airline.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
[QUOTE=flysurfer]The routing is legal (as long as award seats are available), but you can't do 2 stop-overs in the destination region. With this routing, your stop should be in LAX, and you can transfer in ORD (= stay there less than 24 hours).
QUOTE]

Excuse me for intruding, but I stongly believe the routing is perfectly allright. I see two transatlantic flights, one transfer in each direction and one extra stopover (not two) in the destination area. You even could do two more transfers as there are two allowed in each direction.

Best
Thomas
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
[QUOTE=Flying Lawyer]
Originally Posted by flysurfer
The routing is legal (as long as award seats are available), but you can't do 2 stop-overs in the destination region. With this routing, your stop should be in LAX, and you can transfer in ORD (= stay there less than 24 hours).
QUOTE]

Excuse me for intruding, but I stongly believe the routing is perfectly allright. I see two transatlantic flights, one transfer in each direction and one extra stopover (not two) in the destination area. You even could do two more transfers as there are two allowed in each direction.

Best
Thomas
Yep, you are right and I am wrong.
I guess I should smoke something different now...
Old Dec 13, 2005, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
[QUOTE=flysurfer]
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

Yep, you are right and I am wrong.
I guess I should smoke something different now...

Being in the air so long might result in mad cow desease....
Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=Flying Lawyer]
Originally Posted by flysurfer

Being in the air so long might result in mad cow desease....
But LAX-LAS-LAX was such a short trip. Then again, it was on TED. And it was disgusting, probably my worst experience ever on a so-called "legacy carrier". In comparison, WN is pure luxury (maybe not on the ground, but certainly in the air). But since even the charming UA FA on LAS-LAX told me that I was losing my brain cells, I guess you have a point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.