Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tgj1974
So 10 years conscutive and DURING these 10 years having flown 1M miles, is that correct?
I would like to know too. Anyone?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by TerryK
I would like to know too. Anyone?
This is the translation of the post from Oliver2002, referring to a lurker clarification :

The SEN lifetime status can not be applied for, but is offered by Miles & More if certain conditions are fulfilled. This includes, among other things, having passed the Senator's status for at least ten years (no matter at which time), to have passed at least 1,000,000 status miles during these ten years, as well as 60 years old or in the foreseeable future

So it appears that you don't need to apply, 10 years for SEN status are necessary (but do not need to be consecutive) and you need to have at least 1M STATUS miles during those 10 years.
However there is not written rule (accessible to us) that I am aware of
Old May 2, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: LH SEN for Life
For me (I'm 73) lifetime gold is M&M's best benefit.

I think I asked for it the first time but since then I get renewed every 2 years.

Shofar
Old May 5, 2017, 1:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by afmiami
This is the translation of the post from Oliver2002, referring to a lurker clarification :

The SEN lifetime status can not be applied for, but is offered by Miles & More if certain conditions are fulfilled. This includes, among other things, having passed the Senator's status for at least ten years (no matter at which time), to have passed at least 1,000,000 status miles during these ten years, as well as 60 years old or in the foreseeable future

So it appears that you don't need to apply, 10 years for SEN status are necessary (but do not need to be consecutive) and you need to have at least 1M STATUS miles during those 10 years.
However there is not written rule (accessible to us) that I am aware of
plus being over 60 years of age too! The complete rules were officially published many years ago by Lufthansa, when the miles&more-program featured its 10 years anniversary. And at that time they asked candidates to please apply themselves for life-status (which I did some years later, referring to the initial offer, and was granted weeks later, still being renewed now automatically ever 2 years. I am now 74 years of age which always includes also 2 free upgrade vouchers every 2nd year).
Old May 5, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rudi
plus being over 60 years of age too! The complete rules were officially published many years ago by Lufthansa, when the miles&more-program featured its 10 years anniversary. And at that time they asked candidates to please apply themselves for life-status (which I did some years later, referring to the initial offer, and was granted weeks later, still being renewed now automatically ever 2 years. I am now 74 years of age which always includes also 2 free upgrade vouchers every 2nd year).
Thats very fair! Good to see that there is such nice recognition of your lifetime loyalty
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: swiss senator
Klm offers after 10 years platinum for life...

Something to consider for future flights
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
How can you find out about your lifetime statistics?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:22 am

Nowhere if you didn't keep track yourself.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Christefan
How can you find out about your lifetime statistics?
LH will provide you an extract of all data they have on your file if you request it in writing citing the relevant German law.

Every agent can see your lifetime miles on the screen when they pull up your M&M record.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH will provide you an extract of all data they have on your file if you request it in writing citing the relevant German law.

Every agent can see your lifetime miles on the screen when they pull up your M&M record.
Great. What is the "law" that I should be referring too?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
See post #321 and lower on this thread.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Just curious as my dad has lifetime SEN (not me, I defected to OW whilst living in SIN), but do cabin crew see someone with this status as just a regular SEN, a lifetime SEN or something else in the system like "not-a-real-mileage-collecting-SEN but just a >60 y.o. free-loader?"
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Qantas, Miles and More
Smile senator lifetime membership

Originally Posted by thbe
Rules for mails are not as clever as you think. That you have received that mail doesn’t mean, that you won‘t get lifetime SEN.

You can not get lifetime SEN before you failed to requalify, that means not before January.

If you don‘t get the lifetime SEN automatically next year, you should ask for it at the SEN service.
I took some solace from your reply thbe but a few days ago I wrote to the Miles & More Centre about my eligibility for lifetime membership and received a reply. The following is an extract of that reply
" You will achieve your aim when you have held the Senator Status for a decade without a break and are unable to earn sufficient miles to extend your status in the usual manner. When these conditions are met, the system automatically checks if you have accumulated a minimum of one million status miles during the afore-mentioned period. As you have not fulfilled all of the requirements, we cannot grant your request. If the criteria change in the future, we will review your account to ensure that you are not disadvantaged" The local.Miles $ More office advised me that I had accumulated more than a million miles I have been a member since 2006 and a gold member of the Swiss Qualiflyer scheme for at least 2 years before the takeover. I am 74 years of age. Miles and More have seen fit not to let me know where my application fail and have introduced a new criteria "unable to earn sufficient miles to extend your status in the usual manner". I have reduced my travel because of my age and fail to see why that should be an impediment to my claim. Furthermore the criteria is open ended that it could be used to exclude any one with funds pay for annual travel of at least 100,000 miles. My advice is that members of Miles & More should not slow down their travel arrangements until they have checked their entitlements M & M. I have to say they are not very helpful in this regard.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
So what I see here, the rules are

-you must fail to requalify
-in previous 10 years, you must have held SEN status
-in previous 10 years, you must have achieved 100K miles on average, therefore no dead years or moving to other cards past qualification...

As per your example @anatinus, you might have achieved more than 1 million miles total as per M&M office, however, if that was over more than 10 years... I suppose it's possible that if you had heavy travel in year 2006 or 2007 and light travel in year 2008 and/or 2017 it might just so have worked out that 2008-2017 total was under 1 mil. I'm not quite sure how the math works out for you though. Supposing the 2007 was the first year you qualified after takeover (2006 and 2007 status being granted as continuation of Qualiflyer) you'd only need to have 100K or more miles in 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
So what I see here, the rules are

-you must fail to requalify
-in previous 10 years, you must have held SEN status
-in previous 10 years, you must have achieved 100K miles on average, therefore no dead years or moving to other cards past qualification...

As per your example @anatinus, you might have achieved more than 1 million miles total as per M&M office, however, if that was over more than 10 years... I suppose it's possible that if you had heavy travel in year 2006 or 2007 and light travel in year 2008 and/or 2017 it might just so have worked out that 2008-2017 total was under 1 mil. I'm not quite sure how the math works out for you though. Supposing the 2007 was the first year you qualified after takeover (2006 and 2007 status being granted as continuation of Qualiflyer) you'd only need to have 100K or more miles in 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
and I understand you have to be at least 60 years old

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.