Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:21 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Flygirl_DE
What a surprise when I opened the mailbox today!

I received a letter from Miles&More informing me that I fulfill all requirements for the Lifetime Senator status (even though I will not turn XX years until December)
Exactly this happened to me just before Covid, but consider that:
1. SEN has been already much devaluated and the "cheap" *G are taking over the lounges.
2. We are now at an age at which we should not care anymore .
3. The privilege will be having NOT to fly. I keep my few flights to F or C within Europe. It's just no fun anymore.
This said I will be loyal to LH group, they always have excellent F partner specials and I love South America.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
I‘m fully aware of all the points you mentioned, but it is the gesture which means something to me 😉
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Flygirl_DE
I‘m fully aware of all the points you mentioned, but it is the gesture which means something to me 😉
It is nice and I was sensible to it too, hence I state that "I will be loyal to LH group" as I have always been.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Lightbulb Lifetime SEN : welcome letter

An unexpected surprise,

After all the mess at Amsterdam Schiphol airport this spring/summer 2022 with KLM and BA, this was a surprise ....
gryomosy likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
I have already reached all conditions to become a Lifetime Senator 10 years ago, but was not 60, nor will I be in the near future. The 60 age limit is total crap, many other companies give you lifetime after only 10 consecutive years no matter the age.
Lufthansa knows that over 60 and once you retire, your flying habits change dramatically, and of course they hope you will die soon. So teoretically, even if you achieve the lifetime at the age of 60, how many years are you going to fly and use the lounges and other services that come with it? Not to mention to keep flying, you still need to purchase new tickets (and a mega amount on taxes too if you travel on award tickets) that means you keep spending and spending. A neverending circle...

I was wondering, if you were 30 when you met all criteria and then you don't fly for 30 years, once you are 60, and considering you alrady qualified for a lifetime status, will you be awarded one after that period?
It is far too complicated. By the way, I am sure they will go further and implement the new programme which was posponed due to Covid, and that means, new rules and new requirements.

I congratulate to all who got it now, but I wish I could have received one, when I was younger, after 60, I don't think I will want to fly very often and far away.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo

I congratulate to all who got it now, but I wish I could have received one, when I was younger, after 60, I don't think I will want to fly very often and far away.
This is what satisfies the bean counters at LH group, they calculated they are not giving much away & it’s minimal cost to them
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by HadesNL
An unexpected surprise,

After all the mess at Amsterdam Schiphol airport this spring/summer 2022 with KLM and BA, this was a surprise ....
Man, I know this is total OT, but by god, do I need one of these NEE/NEE voor de deur stickers...
chris63, HadesNL and gryomosy like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I have already reached all conditions to become a Lifetime Senator 10 years ago, but was not 60, nor will I be in the near future.
Be happy dear kai.lileboo to have the whole life ahead of you, I am jealous. LH SEN should be your smallest concern, air travel will even not exist under the current form in 30 years and you will have had a life filled with exciting new things older folks like me will never see.
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:26 am

Me to…

Got the letter today; nice surprise!
👍
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by behuman
Be happy dear kai.lileboo to have the whole life ahead of you, I am jealous. LH SEN should be your smallest concern, air travel will even not exist under the current form in 30 years and you will have had a life filled with exciting new things older folks like me will never see.
Thanks, but I am 49 now! In 30 year's time I will be a mummy! Probably will do short trips nearby!
behuman and whiskey_sk like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:40 pm

I also got the Lifetime Senator letter in the last few days. It really surprised me because my Travbel Agent asked LH about this about a year ago and the answer back then was, that I did no qualify. Reason:
I just got enough status miles every second year to keep SEN and such did not have 1 M in 10 years.
I had lots and lots of status miles back in the good old days when you got over 20.000 from one train roundtrip and you could do 3 a day by checking on once in the morning.
gryomosy likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
With LT Senhood the award miles would never expire?

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by more4less
With LT Senhood the award miles would never expire?

Thanks
Thats what I understand
more4less likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Man, I know this is total OT, but by god, do I need one of these NEE/NEE voor de deur stickers...
OT again:
Can't make any blatant promotion, but my sister got these from the website mentioned on the sticker.
It wasnot the fastest of delivery during covidpandemic, so it could take a while to save your letterbox from the onslaught of "reclame" and persons ringing your doorbell while you are still in your curlers and wearing a peignoir....
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I‘m not even close to 50, but 20+ years of SEN consecutively, with probably 5mio+ status miles, but nowhere to get lifetime :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.