Search

Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:34 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
This is what I remember as well 10 years with 1 Mio. Miles in any time. The problem is that the rules are not published.
I was on the track to fulfil the 1 Mio. in 10 years, but corona did have a cut for me - so it is much harder now.

Anyhow: Nobody knows if the "new system" will kick in at some time or LH will change anything.
the original rules (published in the LH newsletter when m&m became 10 years old) did mention that you can't get it before age 60.

what are the german (and others) current conditions to become live-long Senator member?

here are what I today learned about members based in Switzerland (open questions remain about how, if any, former swiss Travelclub status miles and top-tier status might be counted ...):

live-long Senator status (not sure if exactly the same conditions are also for german based members)

(swiss based members) must be all of the following:

* over 60 years of age (not 65 as I thought so far)
* 1 Million miles&more status miles accrued (they could not answer my question if former swiss status miles would in future be counted too)
* 10 years of uniterrupted Senator status (they could not answer my question if former swiss top-tier-status would be counted)

and the member must apply himself, as their database will not automatically show the fulfilled criterias.

Last edited by Rudi; Mar 1, 2022 at 9:42 am Reason: my post from 2005, when Swissair became Swiss Air and LH took over.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
....Nobody knows if the "new system" will kick in at some time or LH will change anything.
Was there not a suggestion from some place that the new LT rules will be announced this year?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:12 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Rudi
and the member must apply himself, as their database will not automatically show the fulfilled criterias.
By invitation only as it should be. I am pretty sure that "applying yourself" might not only be useless but also contraproductive.

In my case all came as a surpise - before I was 60 years old which could be related to being Travel Club member since its inception.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by behuman
By invitation only as it should be....
Why do you imagine that’s “as it should be”? It should be based on loyalty and how much cash you’ve paid them.
Tyrolean and chris63 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:59 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
It should be based on loyalty and how much cash you’ve paid them.
Exactly ! And after evaluation they will extend the invitation. No strict schema under the old system at least and no way to claim it.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by gryomosy
Dang! Never heard about this. I used the 'dead' years usually to rack up some status with other airlines where possible.
But I think if you're still sitting on 1m status miles achieved over that period, you should be fine, even if you collect little during the dead years. I wish they had a lifetime FTL option. That status level generally suits my needs, as long as they don't downgrade it any further.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
But I think if you're still sitting on 1m status miles achieved over that period, you should be fine, even if you collect little during the dead years. I wish they had a lifetime FTL option. That status level generally suits my needs, as long as they don't downgrade it any further.
in theory, with the changes proposed a while ago, they also contemplate a lifetime FTL
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Rudi
(swiss based members) must be all of the following:

* over 60 years of age (not 65 as I thought so far)
* 1 Million miles&more status miles accrued (they could not answer my question if former swiss status miles would in future be counted too)
* 10 years of uniterrupted Senator status (they could not answer my question if former swiss top-tier-status would be counted)
i asked those questions a while ago, but as a UK-based LH-Senator. The answer was very clear: my years as a TravelClub/Qualiflyer member, and the miles I had earned there, would not count towards an elevation to lifetime status.

Your mileage (as an LX-Senator) might vary
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:20 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Considering that LH doesn't have the data from the Swiss Travel Club and Qualifyler anymore (I tried getting access to it with a GDPR request) I think it will be difficult to count data they don't have.

In my case they didn't even adjust the Member Since year and it now just shows the date when LH bought LX, which is the reason why I contacted them. Everything before 2006, at least in my case, is gone.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
after the takeover in 2006 my Qualyflier points were, on my request (for some years already before I was often in person at the LH-Swiss office at Zürich-Enge, now closed, and they did help wand support my request then), transferred and added to my already for some years existing and very activ (SEN-level) activ miles&more account (but not as status miles).
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Slight policy change at M&M:

Starting May, those who have achieved LT SEN (according to the current requirements: 60+, 1mio status miles in 10 years, 10 yr continuous SEN/HON etc) will be notified that month and receive the LT welcome package. M&M will no longer wait till the elegible SEN fails to requalify. So watch that mailbox in June!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Wow, a genuine enhancement
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Starting May, those who have achieved LT SEN (according to the current requirements: 60+, 1mio status miles in 10 years, 10 yr continuous SEN/HON etc) will be notified that month and receive the LT welcome package. M&M will no longer wait till the elegible SEN fails to requalify. So watch that mailbox in June!
Hi oliver2002,

IIRC, NewbieRunner mentioned in this forum that we could check with M&M if we had accumulated the 1mio status miles in 10 years.
I did not do it then because I was still moderately far away from 60+, but I am much closer now.
It is the same procedure?

Thanks,
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002

A pleasant surprise , will be happy to share the information when received. No need to chase the miles this year although after finishing this USA schedule next wk will be around 60k with the double promotion.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: LH LT SEN, Bonvoy Titanium (former SPG Plat) + LTP
What a surprise when I opened the mailbox today!

I received a letter from Miles&More informing me that I fulfill all requirements for the Lifetime Senator status (even though I will not turn XX years until December) and that no matter how many status miles I will collect in the future, the lifetime card will be sent to me automatically before the expiry date of the actual card.

Didn't expect anything when I opened the letter and I'm really happy now. Time to open a bottle of delicious wine . Cheers
chris63, HadesNL, AhogZ and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.