Ankara Lounge?

Old Oct 2, 2005, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Ankara Lounge?

Hello,

I have done a search here and looked at the Lufthansa website, but can't find any details on lounge facilities at Ankara - perhaps there are none? Any information appreciated.

Dan
Old Oct 2, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH S, GPP Diamond
Hi Dan,

Yes indeed, there's no LH (/*A)-lounge in Ankara. (as far as I know only 2 or three daily *A flights from there). While waiting in Ankara you should spend your time on the few shops selling raki and Turkish delights as there are usually even not enough seats for all passengers waiting ...

Regards,

l22barne
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
According to the Austrian Airlines website there should be a lounge called "Cancaya Cafe/Angora Caf".
Run by USAS, capacity for 12 persons and you need an invitation from check-in.

I have absolutely no clue what it is like though, just quoting the webpage.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 8:44 pm

As Jacob_M mentioned, the "lounge" is really a cafe open to all, after passport control and near the flight boarding area.

When you check-in, ask for a voucher: valid for one drink and one sandwich (last time they were pretty strict on this). They don't always volunteer the voucher, and may think you need to be Senator too.

Not very comfortable and not worth coming early for. Best to do the fax check-in and check in late. Not sure if the "lounge" is open if you are on the middle of the night Munich flight.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:14 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
It didn't quite sound like a lounge, but well, a meal and drink voucher is better than nothing,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.