Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in at Berlin/Tegel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This month LH restructured the setup in TXL:

- no more checkin at gate for LH, all pax required to checkin at the main hall only.
- LH to MUC/FRA leave from A01-03, occasionally from A05 or A08-09, JFK is at A00 (same gate as UA to EWR)
- LX/OS share gates A08-11

EW already moved to D75-90 some time ago.

So if you have already checked in an don't need to check luggage nothing changes. The general public checking luggage needs to be prepared for longer waiting in the main hall, the scenes this month seem to indicate a complete overload with long linies and confusion.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
What's the earliest and latest I would need to check in at tegel for an lh flight to FRA? I think I will have just carry on but might have to check one bag in.

ANSWERED : Found the answer on Lufthansa's site : https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...kininformation

Last edited by legionnaire; Mar 27, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA MM
I'm shortly going to be traveling between Alexanderplatz (Mitte, right?) and Tegel, and I usually take public transit for entertainment. There's a direct bus as one option, but another option seems to be to take a shorter bus trip and transfer to the U-bahn. With mention up thread about traffic jams, I wonder which would be a better choice? I will be going from TXL on a weekday around noon, and returning to TXL on a Saturday afternoon. I've never been to Berlin before and have no idea how bad the traffic is. Thanks!

Oh, if it matters, I am flying LH, routing through MUC
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The bus is fine, leave yourself 45 mins for the journey (you never know when there are roadworks). I would probably stick with the direct bus if I were you. A taxi will be ca 25-30 minutes from Alexanderplatz.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I'm shortly going to be traveling between Alexanderplatz (Mitte, right?) and Tegel, and I usually take public transit for entertainment. There's a direct bus as one option, but another option seems to be to take a shorter bus trip and transfer to the U-bahn. With mention up thread about traffic jams, I wonder which would be a better choice? I will be going from TXL on a weekday around noon, and returning to TXL on a Saturday afternoon. I've never been to Berlin before and have no idea how bad the traffic is. Thanks!

Oh, if it matters, I am flying LH, routing through MUC
Hey MojaveFlyer ,
Of course the bus is direct, easy and provides the best entertainment - as you can watch the city outside and the people inside. However, traffic can be bad - LondonElite mentioned roadworks - political protests in the federal government neighborhood could be another reason.
So as plan B you could take the S-Bahn (above ground) from Alexanderplatz to Friedrichstrasse (two stops) and change there into the underground U6 in the direction of Alt-Tegel. Exit at Kurt-Schumacher-Platz (10 stops) and take bus 128 to Tegel Airport (5 stops).
All of this should take about the same time as the direct bus - if the traffic isn't bad. Signage and frequency are good - so shouldn't be too challenging to navigate.
It depends how much entertainment and excitement you want on your trip...
Have safe travels
Primenumber
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
Thanks so much for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.