There is no better way of flying.

Old Aug 5, 2005, 9:26 am

- you win !

come on, inhiyu66, you got us all for a while, but by now nobody really will think your matter is meant to be taken serious .
or ........ is it ???
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by inhiyu66
You will be sorry for having said "There is hardly any better way to fly than on LH"
Check it out yourself
LH's two major accidents involving fatalities(meaning some one is dead, in case you are not in the know) in the past 10 years or so.

At least in Europe, BA stands tall when it comes to air safety.
Even in Star Alliance, I would give OS,NH,UA higher marks than LH.
The bottom line is "There is always a better way of flying out there"
For what it`s worth ....

British Airways had more fatalities on one crash in 1966 ( operating as BOAC ) than LH in its 50 years of existence, but that is not the point....

The point is that I know how LH works, I know pilots flying for them and I also know traffic controllers who work in the industry.

I also listened to the radio of the AF crash at YYZ when KL 691 on approach for the same runway two positions behind AF 358 had to declare a fuel emergency and asked for direct diversion to SYR.Those guys were cold as a stone however flying a full 74M that is running out of gas and they have to cross Lake Ontario...

IMO it is important what the factor of the crash is...

The LH crash in Warsaw was more Airbus fault and why on earth does any airport have a wall behind a runway ?? Everybody learned a lot, WAW took the wall away and an A 320 know brakes when it lands, although it is aquaplaning, hardly LH`s fault, same with the Cityline approach to CDG or the Lauda crash after leaving BKK.

What scares me tough, is when airlines have questionnable training methods and pilots play their own games, like a few accidents on AA showed us.In the 1990`s we had hierachy problems within the cockpits of a few asian planes that crashed, because the FO did not have the courage to question the decision made by the more senior guy on the left side.

I critisized LH a lot during the last months and Inflight service leaves a lot to be desired, but to critisize their safety record and performance is absolutely ridiculous...

And if you EVER know anyone who's passed away by flying QF,CX,NH,AC,OS(excluding Lauda), Finn Air(small carrier,though), Southwest Airlines(in case you do not know, it is a no frill carrier from the US, and it is only 30 years young), you are more than welcome to let me know that.
There are indeed a handful of airlines with no fatalities until today, but Cathay, All Nippon and Air Canada are not among them..., Southwest and Qantas definitely are

Last edited by Threy; Aug 5, 2005 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Wink

Now, you can at least think of better, safer of flying than on LH, can't ya?

Originally Posted by Threy
For what it`s worth ....

British Airways had more fatalities on one crash in 1966 ( operating as BOAC ) than LH in its 50 years of existence, but that is not the point....

The point is that I know how LH works, I know pilots flying for them and I also know traffic controllers who work in the industry.

I also listened to the radio of the AF crash at YYZ when KL 691 on approach for the same runway two positions behind AF 358 had to declare a fuel emergency and asked for direct diversion to SYR.Those guys were cold as a stone however flying a full 74M that is running out of gas and they have to cross Lake Ontario...

The LH crash in Warsaw was more Airbus fault and why on earth does any airport have a wall behind a runway ?? Everybody learned a lot, WAW took the wall away and an A 320 know brakes when it lands, although it is aquaplaning, hardly LH`s fault, same with the Cityline approach to CDG or the Lauda crash after leaving BKK.

What scares me tough, is when airlines have questionnable training methods and pilots play their own games, like a few accidents on AA showed us.In the 1990`s we had hierachy problems within the cockpits of a few asian planes that crashed, because the FO did not have the courage to question the decision made by the more senior guy on the left side.

I critisized LH a lot during the last months and Inflight service leaves a lot to be desired, but to critisize their safety record and performance is absolutely ridiculous...

There are indeed a handful of airlines with no fatalities until today, but Cathay, All Nippon and Air Canada are not among them..., Southwest and Qantas definitely are
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:49 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
In my experiences with LH (granted, they have all been intra-Europe short-haul Y), I have found them to be overall fairly positive. Not fantastic, but generally businesslike and professional, quite consistent. And I appreciate that. There was one FA on a FRA-HEL flight that was quite nice and I chatted with a bit with her whilst purchasing duty-free goods. But then again experiences can differ from one person to the next.

Happy Travels!
Kai
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH, SA, AA
This is hardly a case of flying a full 74M across Lake Ontario running out of gas. The KL flight had gas for the alternate airport plus reserve on board. They were simply running low on the 30 minute reserve, meaning they most probably had something like 35 minutes of reserve fuel on board (in addition to the fuel for the flight to Syracuse) in which case they must declare a PAN.

If this were critical any holding pattern above FRA or LHR should scare the living sh*t out of you.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs up

__________________________________________________ ____________

Yes, every accident has its excuse.

__________________________________________________ ______________

You excuse every LH accident as due to the plane.

I would rather suggest that you should give enhanced avionics credit for each safe landing by LH.

If the pilot training in the US is so questionable, why is LH sending its future pilots to AZ every year for training?
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:23 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
http://www.dontfeedthetroll.de/images/dftt.gif
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
The way this thread is going, one should better rename it to "There's no better way of dying"
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wink

Alas.

Originally Posted by flysurfer
The way this thread is going, one should better rename it to "There's no better way of dying"
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by capetonian
This is hardly a case of flying a full 74M across Lake Ontario running out of gas. The KL flight had gas for the alternate airport plus reserve on board. They were simply running low on the 30 minute reserve, meaning they most probably had something like 35 minutes of reserve fuel on board (in addition to the fuel for the flight to Syracuse) in which case they must declare a PAN.

If this were critical any holding pattern above FRA or LHR should scare the living sh*t out of you.
Indeed they had the 30 minute reserve left and had to fly to SYR ( some 200+ miles ) so they had to declare an emergency....

It is an open secret that in these days of high fuel prices, airlines, dispatchers and pilots are a little bit uneasy on the calculator when it comes to the amount of fuel they take...
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:38 am
Suspended

__________________________________________________ ____________

You excuse every LH accident as due to the plane.

I would rather suggest that you should give enhanced avionics credit for each safe landing by LH.

If the pilot training in the US is so questionable, why is LH sending its future pilots to AZ every year for training?
Indeed I should not FTT, but the OP displayed a vast amount of bull**** ( completely false information ) during the 3 pages of this thread including this last sentence of the quote.

So I would encourage the OP to at least do some better research before posting, that would increase the level of discussion tremendously...
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking The worst enemy of creativity is monotony

Your future performance is determined by your past performance;
be sure you are performing. ^

Indeed I should not FTT, but the OP displayed a vast amount of bull**** ( completely false information ) during the 3 pages of this thread including this last sentence of the quote.

So I would encourage the OP to at least do some better research before posting, that would increase the level of discussion tremendously...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.