Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Wink

Go to http://aviation-safety.net
and check it out yourself.
You will be sorry for having said "There is hardly any better way to fly than on LH"
Check it out yourself
LH's two major accidents involving fatalities(meaning some one is dead, in case you are not in the know) in the past 10 years or so.
And if you EVER know anyone who's passed away by flying QF,CX,NH,AC,OS(excluding Lauda), Finn Air(small carrier,though), Southwest Airlines(in case you do not know, it is a no frill carrier from the US, and it is only 30 years young), you are more than welcome to let me know that.
At least in Europe, BA stands tall when it comes to air safety.
Even in Star Alliance, I would give OS,NH,UA higher marks than LH.
The bottom line is "There is always a better way of flying out there"

Originally Posted by Threy
Granted that Asian carriers are far superior to all European carriers, when it comes to inflight service, one has to state another pretty easy and obvious fact.

Looking at the safety record of Thai ( which is still superior to some other Asian carriers ) I assume that simply from a safety standpoint there is hardly any better way to fly than on LH.

Little doubt that the service attitude of the FA leaves a lot to be desired, so I encourage everyone to write down the names of those guys and complain....
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wink

Let's not forget cabin crew of QF's and EK's, who are friendly and cheerful.
It is not only Asian carrier's FAs that provide outstanding on-board service.
And to write down the names of those nasty guys and compalin late is not the reason why I fly. I would rather avoid that situation.

Little doubt that the service attitude of the FA leaves a lot to be desired, so I encourage everyone to write down the names of those guys and complain....[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:28 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
And if you EVER know anyone who's passed away by flying QF,CX,NH,AC,OS(excluding Lauda), Finn Air(small carrier,though), Southwest Airlines(in case you do not know, it is a no frill carrier from the US, and it is only 30 years young), you are more than welcome to let me know that.
Now, this one devolves into the most macabre thread of this forum!
Please fellows, keep it ...alive
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Angry

This is a typical way of evading the point!

Originally Posted by andre1970
Now, this one devolves into the most macabre thread of this forum!
Please fellows, keep it ...alive
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:23 am

I think we should separate two things here:

a) the low level of service in LH Y in general, resp. the extremely unprofessional behaviour of the FA on this flight in particular. I agree that sometimes -even when flying C- I feel I have to apologize even for ordering a second coke...

and

b) Lufthansa's safety record, which should not/cannot be brought into connection with its service level (BTW, within the last 10 years, aviation-safety.net actually mentions 1 LH incident with 2 fatalities, not "2 major accidents with fatalities" and for comparison, Thai is listed with 4 incidents, 2 total losses and 215 fatalities ("dead people") within 10 years)

Of course, it is completely up to anyone to "feel more safe" with a particular airline, but as somebody "in the know" I find it rather surprising that you can feel uneasy with "changing noises from the engines" (I assume you mean those "perceived" low frequency oscillations while cruising which I find quite common, especially in A340s). Are you saying you are an "occasional flyer" who has never experienced something like this or are you implying that LH is flying planes with defective engines?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:42 am

This is a typical way of evading the point!
Can you explain, what you expect us to do for you?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

If you check Lufthansa Cityline which provides feeder service to LH,
You can find one more accident with fatalities in 1993 in Paris.
As to whether I am an occasional flyer or not, I wonder if about 20 return flights in the past 12 months could qualify me as a frequent flyer.
With regard to changing noises from the engines, I should add the plane was already on ordinary flying altitude.
And it it quite natural of me to feel uneasy with that, 'cos I never experienced before.
My post was in response to those who advocate that LH is the synonym for Air safety to tell them it is not.

b) Lufthansa's safety record, which should not/cannot be brought into connection with its service level (BTW, within the last 10 years, aviation-safety.net actually mentions 1 LH incident with 2 fatalities, not "2 major accidents with fatalities" and for comparison, Thai is listed with 4 incidents, 2 total losses and 215 fatalities ("dead people") within 10 years)

Of course, it is completely up to anyone to "feel more safe" with a particular airline, but as somebody "in the know" I find it rather surprising that you can feel uneasy with "changing noises from the engines" (I assume you mean those "perceived" low frequency oscillations while cruising which I find quite common, especially in A340s). Are you saying you are an "occasional flyer" who has never experienced something like this or are you implying that LH is flying planes with defective engines?[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It is the question of your own making.
You should solve it yourself.

Originally Posted by ulev
Can you explain, what you expect us to do for you?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:55 am

Because it was my first flying experience with LH(for the fare being so cheap), I posted here my questions on the LH experiences.
Most feedback later came up negative for whatever the reasons are.
I do not think it is severely unfair to judge LH on the basis of my personal flying experience, 'cos the feedback proved to be true.
Not an isolated case. Glad to hear that you have had any problems with LH, and wish you the best in your future flights, too.
BTW, I do not mean that all LH cabin crew are rude.
I am in no way trying to stigmatize LH. And as you said they are people, too. But that cannot and should not justify rudeness.
If a person feels bad, he'd better stay home in lieu of being nasty to the others. As the guy on the flight may well know, he is working in service industry. I also would like to agree with you on that some FAs on US carriers are rude, NW, in particular. But that is not the reason why LH should have the same low standard. I just hope that LH will understand people would choose the carrier again, simply because it is cheap.
I would rather pay a bit more to have quality service.
Life is too short to be mistreated.
And finally, I think "National Carier" image remains still very strong with the German public, because they are always die-hard defenders of LH.

You choose LH because it was cheap - still you expect to be treated like royalty. Yes it is absolutely valid to complain about the way you were treated by the FA - unacceptable - but to let one flight serve as a general judgement / opinion making is a little bit steep and on top to lecture other people on this board who do disagree with the statements you make is OTT.

And no - I am not German - in lieu of your nice stereotype finish above. But I certainly prefer LH over most other carriers -fo one simple thing: CONSISTANCY - maybe LH is not the absolute top - but the variance is smaller than on others IMHO.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking Lucus a non lucendo

Lucus a non lucendo

Originally Posted by tcswede
You choose LH because it was cheap - still you expect to be treated like royalty. Yes it is absolutely valid to complain about the way you were treated by the FA - unacceptable - but to let one flight serve as a general judgement / opinion making is a little bit steep and on top to lecture other people on this board who do disagree with the statements you make is OTT.

And no - I am not German - in lieu of your nice stereotype finish above. But I certainly prefer LH over most other carriers -fo one simple thing: CONSISTANCY - maybe LH is not the absolute top - but the variance is smaller than on others IMHO.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:59 am

It is the question of your own making.
You should solve it yourself.
Sorry, I don't get it.

So I rephrase: What was the purpose of your initial post other than getting the honest opinion of fellow FT'ers about your case?

From the way you react to everybody, you don't seem to be interested in the opinion of others unless it is equal to your own. Also not stopping short of drawing generalizing conclusions about Germans on this board.

So there is no way at all, to answer my initial question myself. It is up to you to explain what your intentions are.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking

I would appreciate it very much if you could just say what you want to say.
That is what a forum is all about.
Did I ever ask you to do someting for me?
I did not even dare to.

Sorry, I don't get it.

So I rephrase: What was the purpose of your initial post other than getting the honest opinion of fellow FT'ers about your case?

From the way you react to everybody, you don't seem to be interested in the opinion of others unless it is equal to your own. Also not stopping short of drawing generalizing conclusions about Germans on this board.

So there is no way at all, to answer my initial question myself. It is up to you to explain what your intentions are.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:40 am

I would appreciate it very much if you could just say what you want to say.
That is what a forum is all about.
Did I ever ask you to do someting for me?
I did not even dare to.
Very well. I am done with this thread. If you look for other peoples opinions about LH, start reading this forum. If you look for the best way to bring your case to LH's attention, ask again.

Bye
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking

To be on the level, I did not expect this much stinging reactions on my personal post. I think it is better to leave it at that from my side before it gets nasty. I may have already hurt too many L(eather)H(ose) loving frequent flyers.

Sorry, I don't get it.

Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Smile

If I ever hurt you in any way, I simply want to say I did not mean it.
I will post my thread again, should I have good flying experience with LH.
That I promise.
You never know, I may be forced to fly LH again.
I am a both leisure and business traveller.
With you, I am leaving this thread ,too.
I am far behind my work schedule.

Very well. I am done with this thread. If you look for other peoples opinions about LH, start reading this forum. If you look for the best way to bring your case to LH's attention, ask again.

Bye

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.