Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss merger with Lufthansa master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
The BIZ part is still okay and usually with enough seats available (Imagine this in the SEN lounge in FRA !!!).
Like I said the BIZ Lounge ZRH was better than the LH BIZ standard but I can't compare to typically busy times as I am not so often in ZRH. FRA and MUC can be awful at peak times, for sure
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Better to test changes at selected locations first, recognize the problems, hopefully address them and then to a better job changing the remaining locations. That, at least, should be the theory.
If this would be not only theory, great. But really
a) even ground staff LH and Swiss had to look into their computer to find out what rules count for lounge access right now. "things change nearly on a daily base" they told me
b) test first at selected airports would be fine. They planned to have FRA and MUC leading. But now one after the other gets changed as well. That's what I mean - if not all at once then not more than two phases
c) if contracts are that critical, they can agree on one date which should suit all, allows training, new signs to be arranged - without having 100% of their systems migrated as this is nothing the customer cares really about
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by muc_flyer
Like I said the BIZ Lounge ZRH was better than the LH BIZ standard but I can't compare to typically busy times as I am not so often in ZRH. FRA and MUC can be awful at peak times, for sure
Hello,

the LX-Lounge at ZRH can also be quite crowded and noisy, but I never saw conditions as in MUC, when almost as many people were standig as seating. On peak hours in MUC, there is more value for going directly to the gates and drink a free coffee there (for those who are not familiar with MUC/FRA: There are machines for free coffee/tea at the gates for all passengers).

Patrick
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by oliver2002

LX award tickets with UA miles: when LX joins *A
1 April 2006 - correct? Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 7:37 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by fraisse10
1 April 2006 - correct? Thanks!
this is my best (but only) guess.

I haven't ssen / read any official confirmation of this date yet.

(but I am currently at Melbounre: Australian Tennis Open, and far away from my usual reliable sources ...)
Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Just read the thread and can't seem to find this. Can we book awards on Swiss now, using LH miles? I have never flown them and would like to try them
Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:11 pm

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
Can we book awards on Swiss now, using LH miles?
Yes. You can.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Yes you can.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Thank you, I did eventually find that when searching (sorry should have edited my post).

How do I check availability? Their flights don't show up via LH yet (as far as I can see anyway)
Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Go to http://travelclub.swiss.com.
Then click on E-services on the left.
Click on Availability on the left.
Click on Seat availability at the top of the screen.

No need to log in. You can search for up to seven consecutive days per search.

have fun

andy
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:03 am
Suspended

Way cool - thank you
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by rorschi
Hello,

the LX-Lounge at ZRH can also be quite crowded and noisy, but I never saw conditions as in MUC, when almost as many people were standig as seating. On peak hours in MUC, there is more value for going directly to the gates and drink a free coffee there (for those who are not familiar with MUC/FRA: There are machines for free coffee/tea at the gates for all passengers).

Patrick
100% agreement for the Schengen area in MUC. Was there last week Tursday, luckily in the HON/F lounge. However, for a visit to the restrooms I had to leave the HON/F lounge and step over to the SEN lounge, which is just on the opposite site. I've never seen such busy lines just to enter the lounges (SEN and BIZ have same entry and divide afterwards). Since I was not willing to wait I passed the entire crowd and just showed her my HON card. She was not happy, but then allowed to visit the restrooms. I would say, the lounge was 250% overloaded. Dificult to just see a chair between all the standing people. So I was very pleased overall with beeing HON in MUC Schengen area. We were just 5 people in there. Having a total of 4 servers for us 5 was a nice rate...
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
100% agreement for the Schengen area in MUC. Was there last week Tursday, luckily in the HON/F lounge. However, for a visit to the restrooms I had to leave the HON/F lounge and step over to the SEN lounge, which is just on the opposite site. I've never seen such busy lines just to enter the lounges (SEN and BIZ have same entry and divide afterwards). Since I was not willing to wait I passed the entire crowd and just showed her my HON card. She was not happy, but then allowed to visit the restrooms. I would say, the lounge was 250% overloaded. Dificult to just see a chair between all the standing people. So I was very pleased overall with beeing HON in MUC Schengen area. We were just 5 people in there. Having a total of 4 servers for us 5 was a nice rate...
I've never problems stepping over to the restrooms in the SEN lounge. I don't know how the pre-wardens act, but they always know that I'm coming from opposite. Maybe they know me because I'm minimum once a week in the MUC lounge.
Salve Luigi
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Can you use UA miles on Swiss flights?

Does anyone know if and when you can use United miles on Swiss flights? I need to get to Nairobi from Chicago, preferably using United miles. It's unclear when Swiss will officially become part of the Star Alliance with Lufthansa and United.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB platinum, BAEC bronze
amex points

Can anybody tell me how long before amex points transferred to STC show up in your account ? The lady on the phone told me a few days ... the fact is, the points disappeared from my membership rewards account but haven't shown up in my STC account yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.