Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please confirm: question on transfer of e-vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2005, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Please confirm: question on transfer of e-vouchers

Hello everyone

I did a search on this - something like 19 pages of threads came up. I got through the first 8.

From my reading it looks like it is not possible for me to use my e-vouchers to upgrade someone who is not travelling with me. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

WG
Old Jun 8, 2005, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Hello everyone

I did a search on this - something like 19 pages of threads came up. I got through the first 8.

From my reading it looks like it is not possible for me to use my e-vouchers to upgrade someone who is not travelling with me. Am I correct?

Thanks in advance

WG
yup
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:12 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by flysurfer
yup
There is a trick though ...... make a fully refundable booking on same itinerary.... call SEN line ... apply voucher ..... get it confirmed..... cancle your trip on day of travel....

they might pick up on it, but once they took the voucher they usually do not check

[added wording]
My "trick" I was told by a SEN CSR !!! So much for this. At that time I had plenty (20 or so evouchers, and as I ususally fly FC anyway (work) I can't use them. I asked how to get around it, and I got that answer. I personally htink it is too much hassle, and it is risky, but this was a comment from SEN line...
[end add]

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 13, 2005 at 12:57 pm Reason: added wording at request of roundtheworld
Old Jun 9, 2005, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Thanks guys.

Regards

WG
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:44 am
PEM

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
There is a trick though ...... make a fully refundable booking on same itinerary.... call SEN line ... apply voucher ..... get it confirmed..... cancle your trip on day of travel....

they might pick up on it, but once they took the voucher they usually do not check
Hi

You better never do this. Lufthansa is quite strict and will punish you if they find out that you are doing this.
Some customers lost there Membership and all their points just because of some tricks like this.

Bye PEM
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PEM
Hi

You better never do this. Lufthansa is quite strict and will punish you if they find out that you are doing this.
Some customers lost there Membership and all their points just because of some tricks like this.

Bye PEM
Okay, first off it is not correct to do it this way knowingly - I agree on that. Revoke membership and take away all points - come on that's just a bit too scary a story you are telling here. As if something like that couldn't happen for sincere reasons like change of plans etc. that don't effect your travel companion so he/she will still fly as ticketed. Now of course, one way would be to then point it out to LH and ask for the eVoucher to be recredited.

However, is it the customers responsibility to remind LH of doing that or shouldn't their staff be trained well enough to pick up on this one? Yes, there we are again. Consistent skill levels. I called LH M&M today on behalf of a colleague who wants to know about a 3-Region Award and none of the 3 CSR's I spoke to was able to provide the same detailed info as you did PEM in a previous thread. Two were bouncing all over the place with their answers and only the third guy actually got it 90% right. Why is that? Of course these rules can nowhere to be found on the M&M web site and emailing them to a customer isn't possible either.

You say yourself "if they find out" which kind of shows that you don't believe outright in them catching it either. As stated above, a situation like this can very well arise for absolute normal reasons and I would hope that it is LH's job to recognize this and recredit the eVoucher and change the other persons booking back to the original booking class. What are we paying this ridiculous TSC for? Plus, what bugs me in cases like this is that often the customer is perceived as having only bad intentions trying to cheat LH. Now while this might be true in above described "workaround" LH shouldn't assume this outright and take drastic steps but investigate first. It was their lapse and not the customers after all.

BTW, why not just allow the application of eVouchers to another persons ticket even when not traveling together. What does LH have to loose? After all the "improvements" and the "excellent" communication about the changes this would be a refreshing and reassuring sign that things with M&M are not going to deteriorate further.

Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Jun 9, 2005 at 9:49 am
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:54 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
With all due respect to my fellow FT-ers, all these shenanigans don’t sit very well with me. Why would anyone want to risk (even if there is a 1% chance) losing his/her privileges is beyond me . Additionally, I believe in the old adage, “Two wrongs don’t make a right”. Call me old fashioned…

I agree with demue with regard to allowing customers to use e-vouchers for whatever reason they see fit. After all, my understanding is that the airlines don’t have much to lose. I believe that is the main issue here, but I don’t think the OP has enough time to get that one resolved in time .

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Jun 10, 2005 at 3:59 am
Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
With all due respect to my fellow FT-ers, all these shenanigans don’t sit very well with me. Why would anyone want to risk (even if there is a 1% chance) losing his/her privileges is beyond me .
You gotta be kidding. A FTer who is so desperate to give away or sell his hard earned e-vouchers to a third party has NOTHING to lose. He's had it with MM. He's gone for good.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 11, 2005 at 9:33 pm Reason: discussing FTer
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:12 am
PEM

Hi

Originally Posted by demue
Okay, first off it is not correct to do it this way knowingly - I agree on that.
Great to hear.

Revoke membership and take away all points - come on that's just a bit too scary a story you are telling here.
Believe it or not. But there are quite simpler reasons to lose membership.

I called LH M&M today on behalf of a colleague who wants to know about a 3-Region Award and none of the 3 CSR's I spoke to was able to provide the same detailed info as you did PEM in a previous thread. Two were bouncing all over the place with their answers and only the third guy actually got it 90% right. Why is that?
It depends on the question and how often they are asked these things.
And of course you are right they should be trained enough to answer everey question reliable and they should also be able find out if someone tries to break the regulations regarding the evoucher thing.

BTW, why not just allow the application of eVouchers to another persons ticket even when not traveling together. What does LH have to loose? After all the "improvements" and the "excellent" communication about the changes this would be a refreshing and reassuring sign that things with M&M are not going to deteriorate further.
BTW if you want them to change their rules you should pick up a pen and send them a letter. Maybe they change or not...but it does not help to tell me.

Bye PEM
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PEM
BTW if you want them to change their rules you should pick up a pen and send them a letter. Maybe they change or not...but it does not help to tell me.

Bye PEM
Trust me - LH has received plenty of letters from me. Have they listened. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. No consitency. (Hmm that rings a bell - What was it again? ) I have even a dedicated binder only concerning written exchanges with LH (reminds me that I have to start a second one). And while I might be picky about certain things I don't go around and complain about every little detail even though that might be hard to believe .

BTW, I still hold on to the point that LH should not even consider revoking membership and taking away points as it is clearly their responsibility to ensure proper measures of not allowing customers to use this "loophole" regarding the eVouchers. If LH fails they want to turn around and punish the customer for that? You will have a very hard time in proving ill doing here as this can happen for normal reasons as stated before. Remember that one remains innocent until proven quilty. LH should respect that too even if it means letting some people get away with abusing the system. If LH pull this in the US they will be taken to court in no time. Okay, settled.

Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Jun 11, 2005 at 9:59 am
Old Jun 11, 2005, 9:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm closing this thread. A reminder not to discuss other FTers.

Thanks

Kiwi Flyer
LH Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.