star alliance rewards through miles & more

Old May 11, 2005, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
star alliance rewards through miles & more

My recent redemption experience is with Aeroplan where you can of course choose between Aeroplan and *A awards, which is fantastic. My UK-based son has 40,000 miles expiring July 1st. Seems he cant get 2 tickets from this under M&M other than FlySmart but is it possible to get *A rewards - which my chart says would be 20K miles for Europe1? - with M&M miles?

I searched both FT and Lufthansa but only came across one link to a Lufthansa page (on a previous thread). This has now been deleted from the site - are Lufthansa trying to hide something?
Old May 11, 2005, 9:15 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Fly smart is only offered for flights operated by fully integrated M&M partners (LH/OS/LOT).
Old May 11, 2005, 10:06 am
PEM

Originally Posted by carbonaddict
I searched both FT and Lufthansa but only came across one link to a Lufthansa page (on a previous thread). This has now been deleted from the site - are Lufthansa trying to hide something?
Hi

What should they hide? Don't understand what you mean.
Maybe the link you used was just not valid anymore.

Go on Miles-and-more.com - go into spend miles / flight awards and then fly smart. There you find what you are looking for. Easy isn't it :-)

Fly Smart on all flights operated by Lufthansa, the Austrian Airlines Group, LOT Polish Airlines and starting January 1st, 2005 also by Condor. Only online and 15000 miles for a ticket. Booking period between 2 weeks and 2 days before departur. Earliest return is Sunday after start of journey and ticket valid only 30 days.

After booking no change possible.

By PEM
Old May 11, 2005, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think the OP is looking for non Fly Smart awards on *A? The link is on same page as the link to Fly Smart. Posted below for your convenience.

http://portal.miles-and-more.com/cda...dia_305792.pdf
Old May 11, 2005, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
apologies for lack of clarity. yes we want to use the miles next year so fly smart no good. and kiwiflyer's helpful link has shown me that I was obviously working with an outdated star alliance chart which distinguished between Europe 1 and 2. so it seems that my assumption that there are mileage discrepancies between *A awards and M&M awards is wrong - correct?
Old May 11, 2005, 11:06 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by carbonaddict
apologies for lack of clarity. yes we want to use the miles next year so fly smart no good. and kiwiflyer's helpful link has shown me that I was obviously working with an outdated star alliance chart which distinguished between Europe 1 and 2. so it seems that my assumption that there are mileage discrepancies between *A awards and M&M awards is wrong - correct?
correct, except the following execeptions:

fly smart
companion award
mix award

cheers,

ben
Old Jul 29, 2005, 2:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
Originally Posted by daumueller
correct, except the following execeptions:

fly smart
companion award
mix award

cheers,

ben
sorry. but what is a mix award ?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by rotwein
sorry. but what is a mix award ?
flying different classes each way (e.g. business outbound / first inbound).
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
flying different classes each way (e.g. business outbound / first inbound).
ok, thanks for the answer.
I assume you have to pay also the average miles of the different award classes ?
Is it possible to change to that system after having ticketed e.g for the return flight F award opens meantime ?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:40 am

ok, thanks for the answer.
I assume you have to pay also the average miles of the different award classes ?
Is it possible to change to that system after having ticketed e.g for the return flight F award opens meantime ?
yes, you have to pay the usual 40 euro changing fee, though. most agents are not aware of that rule but it definitly works - just did that yesterday.

remember: mix awards are not possible for companion/star awards.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:51 am

yes, you have to pay the usual 40 euro changing fee, though. most agents are not aware of that rule but it definitly works - just did that yesterday.

remember: mix awards are not possible for companion/star awards.

great news, many thanks for the information. I assume there is no hint on the lufthansa homepage somewhere.
Is the best way to do it via the SEN hotline ? If they say no, does the supervisor know about this rule ?
Unf. this time I have paper ticket as the outbound flight is Condor. I hope that doesn't make a difference
Sorry for that many questions :-)
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:46 am

great news, many thanks for the information. I assume there is no hint on the lufthansa homepage somewhere.
Is the best way to do it via the SEN hotline ? If they say no, does the supervisor know about this rule ?
Unf. this time I have paper ticket as the outbound flight is Condor. I hope that doesn't make a difference
Sorry for that many questions :-)
for me, it always were etix. but it should work with paper, too.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:04 pm

Programs: Star going on Oneworld
Sorry.. I posted similar response to this other HERE

Last edited by WildRice; Jul 29, 2005 at 12:43 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.