Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by htb
*** eerie silence ***

HTB.
...and even more silence for the 3 days after my post. ʕʘʘʔ
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
You are the only one who can decide if it is good to keep SEN status or to keep the Euro 2k in your pocket
Not by a long shot - I can easily bear that responsibility:
Don't do it! SEN is nowhere near worth anything near EUR 2000!

You could probably bribe an Aegean employee into printing you a Gold card and have a fling with them for less than half that cash.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
It's that time again. By arrangement, my renewal was paid by me but will be covered by a benefactor.

Originally Posted by N1003U
That the renewal/extension price has remained 2000€ for at least 6 years (looking at the start of this thread) tells me that either this is a reasonable "take it or leave it" price from LH for the offer, or else no one has been bothered for 6 years to re-examine the results of the program.
I'm starting to believe N1003U's first inclination. First, the rich and/or (once-)famous probably have no qualms about laying 2K EUR on the table for the chance to still carry the card and secondly, there are probably others like me that are reimbursed by other means.

But, even if the first inclination is correct, das eine schlieίt das andere nicht aus. It could very well be that no one has been bothered for 6 (now 8) years to truly examine the results of the program.

I can't say it's worth 2K EUR in any given year. But it has proven itself during IRROPS (we were some of very few pax to leave IAD and BOS during two blizzards) as well as poor service execution (restitution provided in situations multiple situations where non-status pax would've probably been ignored and further disserviced).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Grog
I can't say it's worth 2K EUR in any given year. But it has proven itself during IRROPS (we were some of very few pax to leave IAD and BOS during two blizzards) as well as poor service execution (restitution provided in situations multiple situations where non-status pax would've probably been ignored and further disserviced).

I also see my main benefit as an FTL to be able to contact a dedicated FTL line in Basel (for LX) with often competent and friendly persons, rather than to land in a call center abroad. I am not sure how much I would be willing to pay for this benefit but certainly a few francs...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Lack
Numerous ways
8x Europe-ORD RT for 600E/each with AP.
3-4x Web special US-Europe for around 2k$ in C
10x Swiss Business upgrade for 3,5kE
1,5x Europe-Down Under for 3,5kE.
wow simply unbelievable in today's world.

what is the cost now to achieve SEN ?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by oxymoron
wow simply unbelievable in today's world.

what is the cost now to achieve SEN ?

My feeling is that you need to spend about USD10,000 if you live in the U.S. Maybe a little less...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econprof
My feeling is that you need to spend about USD10,000 if you live in the U.S. Maybe a little less...
I could have renewed SEN status for USD5,000 last year.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Qantas, Miles and More
miles&more offer to renew Senator Membership for USD2000.00

I also received this offer which came as quite a shock. I was expecting an offer or gift of a lifetime membership as I have achieved the basic requisites for such an offer i.e. more than ten years membership and therefore more than a million miles and my age is 73. It is good to see my loyalty reciprocated in this way as it shows that Lufthansa does not care in the least about their passengers once they have reached their perceived use by date. Other expecting to be lifetime Senators had better act now to secure their entitlements because all I received from the local Lufthansa Office was misinformation.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:47 am

Rules for mails are not as clever as you think. That you have received that mail doesn’t mean, that you won‘t get lifetime SEN.

You can not get lifetime SEN before you failed to requalify, that means not before January.

If you don‘t get the lifetime SEN automatically next year, you should ask for it at the SEN service.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A colleague of mine got an offer to renew his FTL for Euro 500
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
A colleague of mine got an offer to renew his FTL for Euro 500
Me too...for one year...

If they offered for 2 years I might of taken it
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by econprof
This year was my renewal one so I kept some stats. To get 103689 miles my expense was 12400 Euros all long haul either PE or E (scrooge is my employer)

The question is if the skipping queues at checking, fast lane security in some airports and lounge food + newspapers is really worth it. Everything except fast lanes can be purchased in airport at overall cheaper prices. Forgot the Priority tag that in some airports I go are totally ignored and bags follow first in last out approach
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: LX SEN
For PE and Y flyers, SEN brings the most advantages.

For those who fly C, benefits are limited, as all the benefits that you have listed are included in C, with the exception of the access of "better" SEN lounges. For C flyers, the main benefits are mainly companion award tickets and e-vouchers.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by anatinus
I also received this offer which came as quite a shock. I was expecting an offer or gift of a lifetime membership as I have achieved the basic requisites for such an offer i.e. more than ten years membership and therefore more than a million miles and my age is 73. .
If you really meet the requiremnts:

- 10 year continuous SEN at any point in your life
- Earned 1 million status miles in that particular 10 years

Than you should contact M&M and request it.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
If you really meet the requiremnts:

- 10 year continuous SEN at any point in your life
- Earned 1 million status miles in that particular 10 years

Than you should contact M&M and request it.
Hi,

the 10 years/1 mill miles do not have to be from 50 to 60 y.o.?

I would fulfil the criteria you mention but if it has to be from 50 to 60 y.o., I doubt it can accomplish it.

Thanks for the clarification,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.