Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by agadasch
So, it is now 2.000 Euro to extend LH Senator!

Probably they want to lower number of SENs...
And I now have written confirmation of what two other FTers mentioned about eVouchers in conjunction with the cash extension. I didn't want to believe it, but sure enough...

Last year: 2 eVouchers for cash extension.
This year: 1 eVoucher.

No warning of the cut. No mention of it in the application form in November 2007. It's just stolen away from us once we receive the card.

In the welcoming letter from 20 Feb 2008, signed by Dr. Andreas Bierwirth, Vice President Marketing:
"Als Zeichen unserer Wertschätzung habe ich Ihrem M&M Konto einen Upgrade-voucher in Form eines eVouchers gutschreiben lassen."
Translated: As a sign of the esteem we hold for you, I have credited your M&M account with an upgrade in the form of 1 eVoucher.

So, it's clear that the esteem LH holds for us this year is less than the esteem from last year. LH advertises the product, takes the payment, and then delivers a lesser product.

Last edited by Grog; Mar 11, 2008 at 6:10 pm
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by Grog
Dear Michelle,

It's regrettable that the SEN extension by-way-of cash payment increased in price from €1500 to €2000; even more so when the $US is experiencing such a slump. But, that's business and we can all make the choice to extend or not.

I look forward to hearing that the cash-payers will indeed receive a total of 2 eVouchers that we rightfully expected and paid for. I also look forward to the day when Lufthansa actually operates from the standpoint of announcing such changes to its members ahead of time so we can make an informed purchase decision.

Thank you,

Grog
What a rant !!!

First you buy status something most people do not support.

Then you actually had gotten an e-voucher for free - remember oyu didn't earn the status.

Then you complain they raise the price -- well air fares have gone up - so it seems logical that price for status goes up.

Interesting thing is that usually the offer is only extended to people close enough to the 100K benchmark - thus - if the 2K are too much, buy a Z fare to somewhere and earn the status .. at least you actually earn the miles ...
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
And I now have written confirmation of what two other FTers mentioned about eVouchers in conjunction with the cash extension. I didn't want to believe it, but sure enough...

Last year: 2 eVouchers for cash extension.
This year: 1 eVoucher.

No warning of the cut. No mention of it in the application form in November 2007. It's just stolen away from us once we receive the card.

In the welcoming letter from 20 Feb 2008, signed by Dr. Andreas Bierwirth, Vice President Marketing:

Translated: As a sign of the esteem we hold for you, I have credited your M&M account with an upgrade in the form of 1 eVoucher.

So, it's clear that the esteem LH holds for us this year is less than the esteem from last year. LH advertises the product, takes the payment, and then delivers a lesser product.
That's the guy who appeared so friendly at the FRA DO.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
What a rant !!!

Then you actually had gotten an e-voucher for free - remember oyu didn't earn the status.

Then you complain they raise the price -- well air fares have gone up - so it seems logical that price for status goes up.

Interesting thing is that usually the offer is only extended to people close enough to the 100K benchmark - thus - if the 2K are too much, buy a Z fare to somewhere and earn the status .. at least you actually earn the miles ...
^
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
What a rant !!!

I was under the impression that FT bashing is prohibited...
Same for sentom for supporting this

If any stupid idiot can get a two-year SEN card for spending 4.000 EUR - how much is Lufthansa making out of that net? 400 EUR?

If someone is paying for a one-year paid-for membership 2.000 EUR - how much is Lufthansa making out of that net? 2.000 EUR!

If you were to own Lufthansa - would you beat up Grog for being your best customer? Certainly not.

Airlines are missing out a huge opportunity by not offering paid-for memberships. LH should put a HON-membership on eBay for "Miles for Help" (and should stop this dirty cheating they do with actual miles at the moment). My guess is that HON would sell for more than 20.000 EUR.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:40 am

What a rant !!!
Originally Posted by sentom
^
Sorry, but just because you have a problem with cash-SEN doesn't mean that we don't have a legal precedent which should ensure that we receive what we have in the past, until notified of any change.)

Last edited by Grog; Mar 12, 2008 at 4:19 am Reason: Removed obsolete reference to LHrelate thread
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
And maybe he is; and maybe he doesn't realize what his top employees have given him to sign. (I'd prefer to believe this.)
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Nonsense ! Andreas Koch talked to us at the FRA Do !
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:59 am

I believe that the Andreas at the FRA Do was another person than the above.
AFAIK under TOS names should not be published - but last name was different.
Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
What a rant !!!

Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by tcswede
AFAIK under TOS names should not be published [...]
Cheers

Thomas
I agree. For my post, I considered Dr. Bierwirth, in the position of LH VP Marketing, to be that of a public figure. And the rest of the name posting (especially when it's guessing) isn't necessary useful and very possibly not in line with the TOS.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:33 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Nonsense ! Andreas Koch talked to us at the FRA Do !
Originally Posted by tcswede
I believe that the Andreas at the FRA Do was another person than the above.
AFAIK under TOS names should not be published - but last name was different.
Cheers

Thomas
You guys are correct. I got names mixed up. Sorry
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:18 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Here is an interesting interview with Andreas Bierwirth from last year and his views on Senators and LH Marketing.

http://www.metapeople.co.uk/site/press_15.html
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
If you were to own Lufthansa - would you beat up Grog for being your best customer? Certainly not.
since when is a person who doesnt even make 100k considered "best customer"? your logic reminds me a bit of oh so important FTLs, waving their shiny cards while screaming at ticket/gate/check in agents about how much they fly, when something goes wrong.

Originally Posted by SMK77
Airlines are missing out a huge opportunity by not offering paid-for memberships. LH should put a HON-membership on eBay for "Miles for Help" (and should stop this dirty cheating they do with actual miles at the moment). My guess is that HON would sell for more than 20.000 EUR.
if it would be such a huge opportunity for airlines, then why is noone offering this? do you really think they would not offer this, if they thought they could make money?

Sorry, but just because you have a problem with cash-SEN doesn't mean that we don't have a legal precedent which should ensure that we receive what we have in the past, until notified of any change.)
i dont have a problem with cash SENs, just with people complaining about uneccessary stuff. you should be happy that LH lets you keep your SEN card for the 2k you paid, what other airline offers you this?
btw, ever heard of: terms and conditions are subject to change without notice?!
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by sentom
since when is a person who doesnt even make 100k considered "best customer"? your logic reminds me a bit of oh so important FTLs, waving their shiny cards while screaming at ticket/gate/check in agents about how much they fly, when something goes wrong.

if it would be such a huge opportunity for airlines, then why is noone offering this? do you really think they would not offer this, if they thought they could make money?

i dont have a problem with cash SENs, just with people complaining about uneccessary stuff. you should be happy that LH lets you keep your SEN card for the 2k you paid, what other airline offers you this?
btw, ever heard of: terms and conditions are subject to change without notice?!

Wow, your ignorance is beyond imagination:

100.000 miles on Lufthansa do not make you necessarily a good customer. Period. 4.000 EUR turnover can get you over 100K and LH might have netted as less as 400 EUR out of that - what does justify a SEN card or any special treatment? Nothing. And we do not even need to touch FTL here. The number of ueber-important people with no economic value to LH waving their shiny cards would be history if SEN would be linked to revenue earned - SQ is going the right way.

You can do the maths for yourself how many VIP treatments you can book at Frankfurt Airport for 2.000 EUR - making a real difference to any SEN treatment you are getting anywhere.

I cannot answer the question of why LH is not offering the annual SEN membership for 2.000 EUR to anybody. The monetary value of the shiny golden card goes against zero if you fly in premium classes anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.