Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flysurfer
First you say I get no eVouchers, now you say I can only extend once with $$$... You are making up stuff as you go, so I guess YOU MUST BE WORKING FOR LH!
Neither the one nor the other

I clearly said/asked:

- No Vouchers if extended with EUR
- Only a one time, 1 Year extension available with EUR

Since I´m not 100% sure I added the fine & obvious line:

...but I´m always willing to learn something new here !

Is this a acceptable clarification ?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Since I´m not 100% sure I added the fine & obvious line:

...but I´m always willing to learn something new here !
That "fine" line sounds awfully ironic.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flysurfer
That "fine" line sounds awfully ironic.
No way

And you should know that each LH agent would just state these opinions/assumptions as a matter of fact, not having the slightest doubt about it
Old Sep 27, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

I clearly said/asked:

- No Vouchers if extended with EUR
- Only a one time, 1 Year extension available with EUR
Last year, the answer would have been wrong/wrong.

BTW: Somebody in Germany heard about any status-miles-promo like "keep status" in Switzerland?

BTW Part II: In the above-mentioned country, the number of SEN will decrease from about 18'000 to about 9'000 (And they need only 100K / year. The mystery is: The requalification with M&M is not really much more difficult than with STC: 100K within the whole *A and 225% miles in C versus 60K with LX and Styrian Spirit and 150% miles in C...).
Old Sep 27, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by rorschi
The requalification with M&M is not really much more difficult than with STC: 100K within the whole *A and 225% miles in C versus 60K with LX and Styrian Spirit and 150% miles in C...).
Yeah, but getting any other *G is always easier And this is sufficient to grant them access to the lounges...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970
Yeah, but getting any other *G is always easier And this is sufficient to grant them access to the lounges...
Yeah, but it will not give me access to SEN lounges when flying AB, 4U or other strange carriers.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Yeah, but it will not give me access to SEN lounges when flying AB, 4U or other strange carriers.
True, but this is a special perk for Germany based members. Myself, I have never been in a SEN lounge while not on a *A flight. It just hasn't happened!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And no seatblocking and other "unwritten goodies" (like a FIAT Uno which brings you to the plane when you arrive at the airport 20 minutes after check-in has closed for your flight)

BTW (III): I did not have any single paid flight this year with another carrier than LH or LX (except one AF-flight NCE-CLY and back...) , so becoming Shanghai Airlines *G is not really my aim...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:17 pm

BTW (III): I did not have any single paid flight this year with another carrier than LH or LX (except one AF-flight NCE-CLY and back...) , so becoming Shanghai Airlines *G is not really my aim...
My comment wasn't meant to apply to you....

I basically wanted to say that since LX joined M&L and *A, there are cheaper options for those aiming for lounge access when flying LX. Just a (probably false) guess
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:24 pm

I basically wanted to say that since LX joined M&L and *A, there are cheaper options for those aiming for lounge access when flying LX. Just a (probably false) guess
Unfortunately yes.

When I fly MUC-ZRH, I can eat at the lounge twice: Leberkäs at MUC, and a ham/cheese-sandwich with mustard sauce in ZRH's LH-Lounge after arrival.
This is only possible with a M&M-SEN-card (HON's get better food).

At not to mention the coffee
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:43 pm

When I fly MUC-ZRH, I can eat at the lounge twice: Leberkäs at MUC, and a ham/cheese-sandwich with mustard sauce in ZRH's LH-Lounge after arrival.
...with the most polite lounge wardens! ^
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:44 pm
hch

True, but this is a special perk for Germany based members. Myself, I have never been in a SEN lounge while not on a *A flight. It just hasn't happened!
Yes, doesn't happen for me either. The only airport where I would sometimes use it (MUC) has made sure all these airlines are in another terminal far far away and not reachable airside.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:13 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Unfortunately yes.

This is only possible with a M&M-SEN-card (HON's get better food).

At not to mention the coffee
I only use MUC SEN lounge for arrivals, because the Leberkäs tastes too good.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

Originally Posted by hch
Yes, doesn't happen for me either. The only airport where I would sometimes use it (MUC) has made sure all these airlines are in another terminal far far away and not reachable airside.
I think that there is an airside bus between T1 and T2, so if you REALLY want to use the SEN lounge...

SmilingBoy.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:50 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 7290: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

I think that there is an airside bus between T1 and T2, so if you REALLY want to use the SEN lounge...

SmilingBoy.
Yes, there is a bus connection. It is near the schengen bus arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.