Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Old Jan 12, 19, 3:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by cbourl View Post
Didnt make Senator last year but offered Euro2000 charge t oextend Senator status for another year with 1 EVoucher
Paid it payment accepted but Miles and More does not show updated status and the addititonal Evoucher
Is this normal? how long does this ususally take?
Thanks all
Most here have most likely never been in the situation. Would suggest to call M&M.
Old Jan 12, 19, 5:31 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Paid in December, Senator status until Feb 2020 and 1 Evoucher appeared last week on my account.
New card (M+M German credit card) arrived yesterday
Old Jan 12, 19, 5:44 am

You guys must really value your potato salad.

BArb will give you a Gold card, from nothing, for less than this.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 19, 6:34 am

Lounge access is something I've got used to from many years of long-haul business travel, hence my SEN status of almost 20 years. Unfortunately I didn't reach the necessary million miles in a ten-year period, so missed out on SEN for life.
Since most of my flying these days is within Europe for the cheapest fares, mainly on SN but also on other LH group members and LO, the lounge I use most is BRU which is preferable to the zoo outside, especially now that it has been extended.
Lounge access in Spain is also good to have, as the airports there are usually very crowded.

Snow delayed my LH return from MUC last night by over two hours so I was glad I could go to the (almost empty) SEN lounge, and there was even a lot more than just potato salad.

As a SEN I have never had any trouble getting mileage tickets for when I wanted and then there are partner tickets for half the number of miles.
An added benefit here in Belgium is free Amex (and for partner) and Mastercard. although the miles earning rate on the latter was 'enhanced' last year.

But I would agree with previous posters on another thread that it really is down to individual choice.

For the future, if the absorption of SN into Eurowings means that EW rules apply and cheap tickets on SN lose lounge access, then I shall have to reconsider.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jan 12, 19, 8:17 am

That's all very valid, and I'm sorry you missed the threshold for LT SEN. However, I understood the offer to extend SEN for payment was non-consecutive?

So your plan is to qualify normally this year for next, and then drop down, and then pay again?
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:36 am

It was indeed disappointing to have missed out after so many years as a SEN...
Having failed to qualify in my last year of high-frequency flying, this is now my third consecutive year of extending SEN for payment, each time having received a letter offering me the opportunity.
It remains to be seen if I will get another one in December, as I am unlikely to spend enough to qualify normally this year either.
Even if I do receive a letter, my decision on whether to renew will very much depend on the future treatment of SENs in the SN/EW organisation.
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:40 am

I was sure I read here that you only got it once...thats very interesting that year/in year out Helga sells that to you for €2k. Rather than being something automatic, perhaps this is something manually done for you based on your previous loyalty and cost to the Group?
Old Jan 12, 19, 9:51 am

Nice to think they wanted to reward my loyalty!
Maybe they recently changed from once only.
Old Jan 12, 19, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
You guys must really value your potato salad.
Nah but the frankfurters are killer.
Old Jan 14, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum with ambassador, occasional HH Gold
Originally Posted by tem123 View Post
Unfortunately I didn't reach the necessary million miles in a ten-year period, so missed out on SEN for life.
Are there any additional requirements ? I’ve made 250000 in two yrs and wasn’t aware of this, but in this case will keep going in order to achieve that as it does offer, as you said yourself, various conveniences
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by marctbb View Post

Are there any additional requirements ? I’ve made 250000 in two yrs and wasn’t aware of this, but in this case will keep going in order to achieve that as it does offer, as you said yourself, various conveniences
Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]
marctbb likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: