Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Wow, your ignorance is beyond imagination:
to answer in your own language:
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I don't understand this strange discussion.

LH offers a product caled paid SEN status extension.

Don't like LH offering this product?
Complain to LH. I'm sure they'll listen to you, as always (yeah, right).
But don't insult and blame the customers who dare to buy that offer.

What's next? Ostracizing those you dare to only buy the cheapest E class tickets? Dismissing everybody as unworthy who got their status without flying the full amount of status miles? Banning those who don't credit their flights to the "right" program?

This a clear and simple case:
LH raised the price of the "product" by 33% while at the same time secretly removing one of its key benefits.

To blame the cheated customer for this situation is quite absurd.
It's also quite insulting and unfair.
And yes, it's utterly stupid.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
LH raised the price of the "product" by 33% while at the same time secretly removing one of its key benefits.

i fail to see RTWs or my "insult"

just paying a company for a product, without checking exact terms and conditions is not very smart, wouldnt you agree? if i would spend 2k on something i would not just assume it includes the same benefits as last year! we all know how good LH is with commuicating enhancements like this, so why is everybody acting so supriesed that this happend!?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by sentom
we all know how good LH is with commuicating enhancements like this, so why is everybody acting so supriesed that this happend!?
Well, the OP certainly does now.

So basically you say that if LH delivers less than can be expected from previous experiences and established procedures, it's always the customer's fault. After all, it is common knowledge that LH is evil, cheating and deceiptful, that they are only after your money w/o delivering?

Last edited by flysurfer; Mar 12, 2008 at 4:38 pm
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
A statement from M&M about the extension of SEN-status via cash from 09/2007 (!), posted in a german forum:

gerne beantworten wir Ihre Fragen.

Der Kauf ist nur innerhalb von 6 Wochen nach dem Downgrade zum FTL, d.h. nach der Ausstellung der FTL-Karte, möglich.
Der Kauf der Karte ist jährlich möglich und beliebig oft wiederholbar. Mit Verlängerung des Status werden pro Kaufzeitraum (ein Jahr) 2 eVoucher gutgeschrieben.

Wir freuen uns, wenn wir Ihnen mit unseren Informationen behilflich sein können.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr Miles & More Service Team
It is without any doubt mentioned, that for cash extension two evouchers are posted.

In september I (and I think other too) also recived the sheet for cash extension...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
i fail to see RTWs or my "insult"

just paying a company for a product, without checking exact terms and conditions is not very smart, wouldnt you agree? if i would spend 2k on something i would not just assume it includes the same benefits as last year! we all know how good LH is with commuicating enhancements like this, so why is everybody acting so supriesed that this happend!?
You say I'm not smart? Well, there's the invalid assumption and insult. Thanks for the personal attack.

I assumed nothing. I did check ahead of time. Even TODAY, a SEN-Desk representative told me it's 2 eVouchers. I had to educate her.

So, the bottom line. I had it in writing. I had it verbally. I even have it in writing on the website as of TODAY and verbally as of TODAY.

What are your comments on this?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grog
What are your comments on this?
Our two HON friends obviously believe that those who pay for SEN instead of flying 100,000 status miles aren't worthy of the status and the perks. Hence you deserve whatever terrible things LH is doing to you.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:03 pm
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Bus shuttle to the Air Berlin part of T1

Originally Posted by hch
Interesting. Where does it go to at T1?
I think it stops at the Air Berlin part of T1 !
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
to answer in your own language:
I stand corrected: cockiness would be the right expression.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
And to all of our HONchos who thinks that just sitting often enough on an airplane makes them god-like for LH: Your profitability for LH might be ways worse than that of any decent SEN card holder. Abolishing the 2.500 miles for short trips in C would help to bring some of those HONchos back to reality...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
... Abolishing the 2.500 miles for short trips in C would help to bring some of those HONchos back to reality...
It would also diminish the SEN base quickly too.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:04 pm

And to all of our HONchos who thinks that just sitting often enough on an airplane makes them god-like for LH: Your profitability for LH might be ways worse than that of any decent SEN card holder. Abolishing the 2.500 miles for short trips in C would help to bring some of those HONchos back to reality...
What a heap of crap.
Are you feeling shortchanged for not being "welltreated" enough by LH - or why such a statement.
I could not care less for what profitability I am for LH - but as long as I qualify for the standards that LH offers at a certain level - I expect the offerings being to be upheld - of course the contents thereoff might change at any time - but then I am free to decide whether to ..... about the changes and then still to accept them or to move on.

And yes - HON offers infinite more for me than SEN did - so I am happy with it - but that does not exclude me from being unhappy about some things - and then to decide to stick or to move on.

Following your definition above - I should be decent LH M&M member as out of 40 rough segments this year only 7 were intra europe in the back of the bus - the rest longhaul... However I think actually with my limited math skills the shorthaul C customer provides more profitability remembering my weekly commutes to Scandinavia from Germany in a former life were tix often cost as much as what I recently paid for ex Asia to Europe to N A R/T in Z....

But your above post leaves me a bit wondering as you complain about the ignorance and cockiness of others....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: LH and BA
I don't understand this strange discussion.

LH offers a product caled paid SEN status extension.

Don't like LH offering this product?
Complain to LH. I'm sure they'll listen to you, as always (yeah, right).
But don't insult and blame the customers who dare to buy that offer.

What's next? Ostracizing those you dare to only buy the cheapest E class tickets? Dismissing everybody as unworthy who got their status without flying the full amount of status miles? Banning those who don't credit their flights to the "right" program?

First I only care about the tone of the complaint -- not so much about the issues.

Second, I do not care if someone buys it or not - nothing they take away from me

Third, it is a non-published benefit - the terms offered actually depend on your mileage during the year. The price is lower if oyu are closer to the goal.

The e-vouchers are not part of the offer. Previously they were added because it was a nice gesture - to make it a legal right due to precedence this would have to be going on for 30 years ... so there are some factual errors.

I do have an issue with people who rant about things they feel entitled to -- but in the end are not.

I think now we have some envy floating around

btw the Y minimum was just raised to 1000 .. .on domestic flights.

I don't think the offer is targeted to U.S. residents.
Yes it is as well ... and I won't tell you the price or someone will cry foul

Last edited by oliver2002; Mar 12, 2008 at 7:30 pm
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
[posted March 12]

This thread is temporarily closed for all parties to cool down.

[added March 14]

Opened the thread again. Please remain civil and within TOS.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M form

Last edited by oliver2002; Mar 14, 2008 at 3:55 am
Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:40 am

as so often i am away when the excitement begins. i am sorry i am late.

i did also receive the dissapointment of only 1 evoucher for my paid extension. how you can say the evouchers is only a bonus is not understood. it is a part of current understood sen-cash. it is in writing 2 evouchers for many years and still today on lufti.com.

if you want example of a bonus, for u.s.a., 20% senator christmas discount. this is clearly only a bonus surprise. however, evouchers in writing in broschures and the homepage, this cannot be considered only a bonus.

it is this way for number of years, yes it is not 30 years but let us be reasonable. this is a clear purchase arrangement. afterward of taking my money is not the time to change the product.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.