Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Brussels connection from Lh to BA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Help with Brussels connection from Lh to BA

I need help from the experts. I am traveling in business from FRA to BRU on Lufthansa and then transferring to a British Airways flight to LHR with a 55 minute connection. These are booked as 2 separate tickets. So here are my questions:

1) Can I check luggage or check-in in FRA thru to LHR if my first flight is on Lh and my connection is on BA?

2) If not, how difficult will this be if I can not check-in for my BA flight until I arrive in BRU?

3) Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Originally Posted by brysal
I need help from the experts. I am traveling in business from FRA to BRU on Lufthansa and then transferring to a British Airways flight to LHR with a 55 minute connection. These are booked as 2 separate tickets. So here are my questions:

1) Can I check luggage or check-in in FRA thru to LHR if my first flight is on Lh and my connection is on BA?

2) If not, how difficult will this be if I can not check-in for my BA flight until I arrive in BRU?

3) Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.
I think the answer on your 1) is yes for the luggage and no for the check-in.

2) It's going to be tight, if there are delays, because you will need to change the pier in Brussels, since you leaving the Schengen area. This is quite a hike. Follow the B-Gate signs from the A-Pier, where you arrive. Dont leave out to the check-in area, otherwise, you wont make it. At the border control, they normally require a bp, but you can probably go through with a paper ticket and go to a service counter (if it's open -- very few transfer pax), the gate, or the BA lounge, where they could check you in.

3) Possible sure -- but WHY would you want to do this?

Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Long story but BA has great business class fares to San Francisco from BRU that either connect or allow a stopover in London. I think is was $2700, which was about $1500 cheaper than from most other European cities. I will actually be in FRA for business and then needed to get to BRU in order to pick-up my BA flight. A pain, yes, but got me to London and then on a non-stop in business back home.

Any other guidance or do I take a much earlier flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.