Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by natcov
the Fist class terminal. -- enjoy!
Sounds pretty violent!
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:01 pm
Suspended

First Timer FCT Questions...

Will be flying on a *A RTW in Jan.

-- NRT-FRA-VRN all on LH

1. I will get access to the FCT on this routing even though my outbound is in C - correct?
2. I will not be met when I arrive from NRT but will have to clear immigration and walk outside to the FCT - correct?
3. They will drive me to my FRA-VRN flight

- VRN-FRA-GVA LH to LX connection

1. I will get access to FCT lounge as I am traveling on a F ticket even though it is a C-to-C connection
2. I will not be met at my flight VRN-FRA
3. I will not be driven to my FRA-GVA flight unless I can book it under the LH code - correct?

Do they ever meet incoming pax for a sedan transfer to the FCT?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Will be flying on a *A RTW in Jan.

-- NRT-FRA-VRN all on LH

1. I will get access to the FCT on this routing even though my outbound is in C - correct?
2. I will not be met when I arrive from NRT but will have to clear immigration and walk outside to the FCT - correct?
3. They will drive me to my FRA-VRN flight

- VRN-FRA-GVA LH to LX connection

1. I will get access to FCT lounge as I am traveling on a F ticket even though it is a C-to-C connection
2. I will not be met at my flight VRN-FRA
3. I will not be driven to my FRA-GVA flight unless I can book it under the LH code - correct?

Do they ever meet incoming pax for a sedan transfer to the FCT?
First trip - yes to all three.

Second trip - no to all three unless you are LH HON

Even though you have a F RTW - these segments are booked in C / Biz and hence you have no access - booking class is the determmining factor - or same day F connection (in or outbound).

Lastly - pick up is planned starting around Nov 1 - for HON - for F an alternative is planned - see seperate thread.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 23, 2007, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcswede
First trip - yes to all three.

Second trip - no to all three unless you are LH HON

Even though you have a F RTW - these segments are booked in C / Biz and hence you have no access - booking class is the determmining factor - or same day F connection (in or outbound).

Lastly - pick up is planned starting around Nov 1 - for HON - for F an alternative is planned - see seperate thread.

Cheers

Thomas
Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 3:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
SEN+ in F may be met

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 24, 2007 at 4:01 am
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Is there any PA service in DXB oder AUH? For F or HON only?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: SQ -KF(ex PPS), LH-M&M, AF-FB
FCL in FRA Gates A or FCT- Transfer to plane

Hi,
I have a booked Trip to SIN begin of November flying FRA-SIN in F on LH.
My schedule shows a transit time in FRA of 1h 30 minutes.
To make my transit comfortable I prefer using the FCT or the F lounge at the A-gates and not the optional use of F-class lounge at the B satellite .

I shurely will arrive with the A Gates and I am thinking about to use the F-class/HON lounge at the A26 gate instead of rushing to the FCT.
Since my conneting flight will depart from B 4? will LH provide car transfer from the F-class Lounge A gates to the plane departing B gate?
If not is it then still better/worthwhile to vist the FCT allowing some more time in the lounge?

Last edited by fly-on-megatop; Sep 27, 2007 at 5:11 am
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by fly-on-megatop
Hi,
I have a booked Trip to SIN begin of November flying FRA-SIN in F on LH.
My schedule shows a transit time in FRA of 1h 30 minutes.
To make my transit comfortable I prefer using the FCT or the F lounge at the A-gates and not the optional use of F-class lounge at the B satellite .

I shurely will arrive with the A Gates and I am thinking about to use the F-class/HON lounge at the A26 gate instead of rushing to the FCT.
Since my conneting flight will depart from B 4? will LH provide car transfer from the F-class Lounge A gates to the plane departing B gate?
If not is it then still better/worthwhile to vist the FCT allowing some more time in the lounge?
There is no car transfer from A26 to the B gates. So it may make sense to visit the FCL still.

However, for FRA there is no gate guarantee for specific flights. There is a frequent change of the gates and it may happen on a daily base. So there is a chance your SIN flight leaves from A65, which is 50 feets away from the A26 FCL.

Once in a while there is even a chance for tarmac loadings, mainly for A330 and A343 but it can happen for a 744 too.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
There is no car transfer from A26 to the B gates. So it may make sense to visit the FCL still.

However, for FRA there is no gate guarantee for specific flights. There is a frequent change of the gates and it may happen on a daily base. So there is a chance your SIN flight leaves from A65, which is 50 feets away from the A26 FCL.

Once in a while there is even a chance for tarmac loadings, mainly for A330 and A343 but it can happen for a 744 too.
I'd be surprised if A65 is used for FRA-SIN. IME that area of A is normally reserved for UK/Switzerland flights in the late evening, as B31 etc is used for LH690 to TLV. I guess it could use one of the lower number A non-shengen gates (closer to the SEN lounge upstairs) but the times I have taken it it has always gone from B area finger position.
Personally I think I would use FCL in A, then pass through passport control next to FCL and take the train to B. Less time and security checks than FCT.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
.... and depending where you arrive it might even make sense to walk over to the FCT. If arrival gate is in the range of A10, the distance to the FCT might be about the distance to A26. And this certainly prevents you from walking from A26 to B something which can take 10 to 20 minutes.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:05 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by 2035
I'd be surprised if A65 is used for FRA-SIN. IME that area of A is normally reserved for UK/Switzerland flights in the late evening.
In general you are right, but there are days (like Yesterday), where nothing is normal at FRA and everything can happen.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ceiling in FCT Showers

Just noticed this...the ceiling in the FCT showers is perforated, allowing one to see up into the rafters, etc.

Kind of weird to have a ceiling like that in a bathroom.

Me, I really don't care if somebody's up there and wants to see my "stuff," but I'm curious if others would be concerned.

That said, I'll gladly put up with a peek-a-boo shower to use the FCT facilities.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:16 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Just noticed this...the ceiling in the FCT showers is perforated, allowing one to see up into the rafters, etc.

Kind of weird to have a ceiling like that in a bathroom.

Me, I really don't care if somebody's up there and wants to see my "stuff," but I'm curious if others would be concerned.

That said, I'll gladly put up with a peek-a-boo shower to use the FCT facilities.
you can enjoy the techno-industrial ceiling in the showers in FCL at MUC, too. Btw, what about the etymology, where does the word shower come from?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
Btw, what about the etymology, where does the word shower come from?
I never thought of it that way.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 4:21 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
TLV comes to mind . . . FCT is worth it's weight in gold for apron position departures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.