Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Can't say I agree, though it all depends on the route / crew you get. Not good, I know, if you're the operating carrier looking to develop a consistent product / customer expecting it.

You might be right. Maybe I was just too amazed by the terminal and the flight crew (which was not really enthusiastic) was not the best one.

Anyway: I still think the combination is a strong selling argument and gets LH in the right direction
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Agree. All that LH needs to do now is to upgrade the cabin quality onboard to make the product all it promises to be.

My ideal, a mix of:

BA demi-cabins

SQ / LH / CX quality food drink / cabin service

If not a consistent lounge product at out-stations (for obvious reasons), at least some additional touch which creates a USP around the product (they do this quite well at TLV, in spite of the ghastly room they put you in before the flight).

Moving forward, all carriers are going to have a really tough time justifying a *paid* F cabin on all but there mere handful of routes that remain - even some of those culled are a misjudgment IMO but obviously decided for sound commercial reasons. F also serves a valuable role as an aspirational product for wannabe flyers, but not one which should be developed at the expense of paid pax.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Very interesting postings ! Thanks for the guidance !

Looking forward to relaxing next Weds on my flight onwards to BKK - anybody recommened a 'champagne' in the lounge ?

Is there a spa room also - or just a bathroom and three ducks (!)

Have the feeling it'll be busy Weds night...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My sister's flying back on October 5th from Venice getting in at 7:45am and departing at 9:55am to Dallas. As some of you know if you saw my other posts w/ ?s, this is Cheryl's first trip to Europe. So even though someone said it might not be worth heading over to the terminal on a connection, I figure the chance to have a PA & driver out to the plane would be a very cool experience for her (heck, it would be a very cool experience for me!).

I've cut/pasted the first post on this thread to send her via email (assuming she hits an i-cafe while traveling through Italy to get it). When she comes off the flight from Venice does she just head for the exit, & turn left & walk the 200yards to the F terminal or is there a counter she goes to within Terminal 1? That part I was a bit confused on. I'm going to edit the post I send her since the arrival by car part doesn't apply, so just wanted to clarify w/ you all before emailing her.

Any info appreciated. Cheers.

PS - I'm going to Vienna next year for the 50th anniversary of my alma mater's program there (I went to school in Vienna as part of my college education). I've got my fingers crossed I can get a LH F award vs UA F & that I'm routed through Frankfurt cuz I really want to check this out!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've cut/pasted the first post on this thread to send her via email (assuming she hits an i-cafe while traveling through Italy to get it). When she comes off the flight from Venice does she just head for the exit, & turn left & walk the 200yards to the F terminal or is there a counter she goes to within Terminal 1? That part I was a bit confused on. I'm going to edit the post I send her since the arrival by car part doesn't apply, so just wanted to clarify w/ you all before emailing her.
If you don't want to walk the 200 yards then go to the First check-in counter in the middle of the terminal - the TA will call the car to come pick you up to take you to the F Terminal.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
oh heck she can walk the 200 yards! but will let her know the other option. knowing my sister she'll just walk if it's really that close. she can settle for the drive to the plane
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
A specific question and apologies if it's already been answered but I have attempted to research it...

We are flying with another couple trans-Atlantic on UA into FRA and onward to NCE on LH. They are in F on award tickets and we are in C on SWUs (thus we two will be in LH Economy for the FRA-NCE leg while they will be in F). Both then and on our return a couple of weeks later we have significant layover time.

In this situation do we qualify as their "companions" to enter the First Lounge? It would be great fun to experience all this but we are quite reconciled as *G UA 1Ks to enjoying the LH Senator Lounge - not at all a hardship IMHO.

Thanks in advance.

Fredd
Old Oct 1, 2005, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
A specific question and apologies if it's already been answered but I have attempted to research it...

We are flying with another couple trans-Atlantic on UA into FRA and onward to NCE on LH. They are in F on award tickets and we are in C on SWUs (thus we two will be in LH Economy for the FRA-NCE leg while they will be in F). Both then and on our return a couple of weeks later we have significant layover time.

In this situation do we qualify as their "companions" to enter the First Lounge? It would be great fun to experience all this but we are quite reconciled as *G UA 1Ks to enjoying the LH Senator Lounge - not at all a hardship IMHO.

Thanks in advance.

Fredd
You, and the other couple as well, will be unable to enter the F lounge going in either direction. There is no F service on the FRA-NCE flight, and arriving on UA F does not qualify for the F lounge (thus your friends will be in C for the FRA-NCE flight, which is not that much better than Y). In the other direction you will not be qualified for the F lounge either since you are flying out on UA. For full info on entry requirements for the LH lounges, check here.

Last edited by Deimos; Oct 1, 2005 at 12:21 pm
Old Oct 1, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Deimos
You, and the other couple as well, will be unable to enter the F lounge going in either direction. There is no F service on the FRA-NCE flight, and arriving on UA F does not qualify for the F lounge (thus your friends will be in C for the FRA-NCE flight, which is not that much better than Y). In the other direction you will not be qualified for the F lounge either since you are flying out on UA. For full info on entry requirements for the LH lounges, check here.
Thanks for the prompt reply and the information. UA lists the other couple (my wife's brother and sister-in-law) as flying F on LH FRA-NCE so that caused the confusion. We'll take them into the Senator Lounge (great places IMHO) as our guests and introduce them to Bavarian meatloaf and Quark.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Oct 1, 2005, 1:22 pm

We'll take them into the Senator Lounge (great places IMHO) as our guests...
I think this is where the great expression "everything is relative" comes into play.
Anyway, the refurnishment in the A pier SEN lounge was quite good so if they can do the same to the B SEN lounge I will be happy. At the moment the B SEN lounge is only acceptable when there are few guests there.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Deimos
I think this is where the great expression "everything is relative" comes into play.
As a UA RCC member I couldn't agree more. Even when there's no room to sit in a Senator Lounge I still can balance a plate in one hand and a drink in the other and get along just fine.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 2:00 pm

As a UA RCC member I couldn't agree more. Even when there's no room to sit in a Senator Lounge I still can balance a plate in one hand and a drink in the other and get along just fine.
hahaha this is so true... even though the senator lounges are nothing special they are still much better than the RCC's and such...
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Im flying into FRA next friday on the 9:45am LH4725 flight from LHR in LH business. Im then flying out on LH470 to Toronto in LH First. This flight leaves at 1:20pm. Will i have enough time to go to the First terminal? And will i be able to on my tkts? I really fancy a Porsche Cayenne ride to the 744!

Chris
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by chris78cpr
Im flying into FRA next friday on the 9:45am LH4725 flight from LHR in LH business. Im then flying out on LH470 to Toronto in LH First. This flight leaves at 1:20pm. Will i have enough time to go to the First terminal? And will i be able to on my tkts? I really fancy a Porsche Cayenne ride to the 744!

Chris
yes you can, just go out to the A pier first check in and request a shuttle to the terminal. enjoy!

cheers

sentom
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
HON Terminal offered 'Bavarian Breakfast' during the Oktoberfest. Funny thing: On Tuesday morning (9am) they were not able to offer any pretzels - DoCo forgot to provide the terminal with some... However, I enjoyed the Terminal very much but found the services in the F Lounge upon arrival more attentive...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.